• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Browns to release Josh Gordon

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the post again. It was about rules. Not about Josh Gordon. Rules are changed all the time. "Rules are rules" is a naive, ignorant and mindless statement. As my example demonstrates.
I don't think anyone disagrees...

Just a ... little over the top is all.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh we read it. It was just stupid. The original constitution did not have a rule that allowed slavery. In fact all men were created equally. People took it upon themselves to force slavery. The U.S. then instituted a "rule" to abolish it. Up until then there there were no rules on slavery until it was abolished.

You attempted to give a history lesson and you obviously don't know jack shit about it. That is why your point on that is so fucking stupid.
#WellActually Slaves were counted as 3/5th's of a person for census purposes from pretty much day 1, which impacted the layout of congress while it was in effect. Not explicit... but hard to spin that one.

Was a big "compromise" at the time.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
out-negotiated?

NFL: We want you to stop doing illegal drugs and we will keep paying you MILLIONS

Players: Ok. We like Millions.
Players: you don't get to do that, but we'll still entertain people for you if you pay us.

Did the Actors Guild submit to drug testing?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a millennial and I agree with him. The league should simply turn a blind eye to the herb brigade. Can't see how it hurts anybody.
Gordon is supposedly doing a lot more than weed, or was rather. Who the fuck knows what's going on now. Didn't fail tests is all we know besides the weird erratic behavior which is... Josh Gordon-y to begin with.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Following rules because they are rules is stupid.

Smoking weed (amongst other substances) when it costs you 10s of millions is stupid; regardless of if your boss is an asshole.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh we read it. It was just stupid. The original constitution did not have a rule that allowed slavery. In fact all men were created equally. People took it upon themselves to force slavery. The U.S. then instituted a "rule" to abolish it. Up until then there there were no rules on slavery until it was abolished.

You attempted to give a history lesson and you obviously don't know jack shit about it. That is why your point on that is so fucking stupid.
You don't have that correct, but we're well off topic now. I brought up slavery because you mindlessly ignorantly, and naively stated "rules are rules." Rules change, plenty of examples. Pick your favorite.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Gordon to Philly rumors are heating up. I don't like it but it makes sense from a financial standpoint--he makes very little this season, like 780k, and he would also be a restricted free agent next season.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#WellActually Slaves were counted as 3/5th's of a person for census purposes from pretty much day 1, which impacted the layout of congress while it was in effect. Not explicit... but hard to spin that one.

Was a big "compromise" at the time.

You are correct sir. I missed that.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one want Gordon for the pure amusement of seeing Kareem Hunt, Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hil, Sammy Watkins, and Josh Gordon on the field at the same time.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon is supposedly doing a lot more than weed, or was rather. Who the fuck knows what's going on now. Didn't fail tests is all we know besides the weird erratic behavior which is... Josh Gordon-y to begin with.

Like with Kaepernick's alleged salary demands, or Butler not playing in the super Bowl, we simply will never know the whole story.

I honestly think his apparent ambivalence to the Steelers tie game had something to do with it.

And he was right to be indifferent to that tie because they should have won it.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not. Very different types of freedom obviously. But that wasn't the question.
Yes, but at some point when the choice is as petty as smoking a non-addictive substance (weed) or not when the consequence is millions of dollars, and probably other zeroes after it, eh, that's on you I'd say.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL: We want you to wear a ballerina's outfit to the Supermarket and we'll pay you millions.

Jarntt: OK, I like millions...
Jarntt: not being a whore is unfathomable

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was LT.
They should play and if they let hard drugs destroy them then the next guy plays.

Josh Gordon was doing just fine ripping bongs and scoring touchdowns and whatever else. Then the league got involved and we lost his talents.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but at some point when the choice is as petty as smoking a non-addictive substance (weed) or not when the consequence is millions of dollars, and probably other zeroes after it, eh, that's on you I'd say.
Josh Gordon could have made different decisions.
He could have.
Everyone is aware.

The league could have made different decisions.
They could have.
Not everyone is aware.

They are instead comically unaware.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about liars living in the white house?
He should hire Gordon to investigate Roger Goodell and Demaurice Smith on collusion charges. Give him legal access to everything, addresses, contacts, schedules, etc.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Following rules because they are rules is stupid.

Smoking weed (amongst other substances) when it costs you 10s of millions is stupid; regardless of if your boss is an asshole.
Josh may regret his actions and also that the league has victimized his chosen actions.

The league can stop at anytime. But I guess they're addicted to their rules.