• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Browns to release Josh Gordon

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh may regret his actions and also that the league has victimized his chosen actions.

The league can stop at anytime. But I guess they're addicted to their rules.
Well, federal law is federal law. I am not that mad at the league. Wish they wouldn't enforce it, but /shrugs

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league could have made different decisions.
They could have.
Not everyone is aware.

Everyone is aware. However it appears as if you are saying the NFL should ignore it's rules so the fans are not deprived of Josh Gordon's NFL abilities.

Here is Josh Gordon's history

June 2013 - Suspended for 2 games for violating the substance abuse policy
July 2014 - Arrested for driving while impaired. The "impaired" is most common with drugs.
August 2014 - Suspended for a year for violating the substance abuse policy a second time. Suspension was reduced to 10 games.
September 2014 - Entered the NFL Substance Abuse Program
January 2015 - Suspended a year for violating the substance abuse policy AGAIN (3rd time) - He tested positive for Alcohol while he was in the Substance Abuse Program which was prohibited. It was a condition of his year long suspension being reduced 10 games.
March 2016 - Denied reinstatement in the NFL because he failed another drug test.
July 2016 - Was reinstated but suspended for the 1st 4 games
September 2016 - Entered into in-patient Rehab.
May 2017 - Denied reinstatement by NFL. I can't find a reason as to why but he was living with his agent at the time and he dropped him as a client as well.
November 2017 - Conditionally reinstated.

It looks as if his issues are self inflicted and I am not sure what the NFL could have done differently.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league has their own set of rules and neither are applicable in the other jurisdiction.

So what. All of us follow certain rules & guidelines at work & do so mainly to get paid & keep our jobs. We may not be crazy about this all of the time, but you make some sacrifices. Jesus - this guy is a pro athlete & likely sacrifices & shows discipline in areas like diet, exercise, sleep, behavior, etc. Why is it so tough to not have discipline in other areas? If you need help - great - get it & clean your life up already.

If the problem is so bad that he is beyond that pt - fine - stop playing till you clean up your act. It just becomes tiring when somehow folks believe that athletes & celebrities can follow a different set of rules. I am pretty sure that lots of other NFL players grow tired of this act for the few who can't follow the rules since it makes them look bad.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a millennial and I agree with him. The league should simply turn a blind eye to the herb brigade. Can't see how it hurts anybody.
I’m not saying they shouldn’t change the rule. I don’t give a crap what the rule is.

if the rule is in place and you follow it, you are a multimillionaire. Why is that so hard for some people to understand? Ther is literally no argument unless whatever rule you are breaking is more important to you than millions.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not saying they shouldn’t change the rule. I don’t give a crap what the rule is.

if the rule is in place and you follow it, you are a multimillionaire. Why is that so hard for some people to understand? Ther is literally no argument unless whatever rule you are breaking is more important to you than millions.

As Peter Tosh once said, you can't smoke money....

There are lots of ignored rules.

This should be one of them.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do appreciate the courage they had to break the rules. You wanted them to just submit. And worse yet, you wanted to blame the slaves for it when others actually created the rules.:nono:
Holy Crap, I didn't know @PhillyGreen was in charge of the slave trade. Apparently he's also a lot older than I assumed he was...

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was LT.
They should play and if they let hard drugs destroy them then the next guy plays.

Josh Gordon was doing just fine ripping bongs and scoring touchdowns and whatever else. Then the league got involved and we lost his talents.
What are you talking about. The league got involved? The league and rule was in place before Gordon.

Gordon got involved with the league and couldn’t follow the rules. This 100% on him.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“I was speeding and Got a ticket, but it’s the county’s fault because they set the speed limit to low” :L

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a deadline?

i heard someone talking about it on the radio ... i think it may be some sort of internal deadline teams have to make trades and then make a correlating roster addition? Not really sure though. I guess they could just keep him on the roster and not play him if this takes a while?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Peter Tosh once said, you can't smoke money....

There are lots of ignored rules.

This should be one of them.
They should change the rules that don’t make sense or are obsolete. The NFL is a shit-show in several ways.

However, if Gordon didn’t smoke 2 joints before he smoked 2 joints and then smoked 2 more (among other things), he might be in a much different situation.

:thumb: