• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Browns to release Josh Gordon

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a ridiculous argument. I can't think of a single business that does not do drug testing. Can you name an entity that does not?

my wife is a manager in the Department of Treasury and has never been drug tested ... they have a lot of drug users in the Treasury department that will show up to work high on all sorts of different stuff ... if they are caught, they can just claim 'addiction' /sickness and they get to keep their jobs as long as they want if they keep going to counseling or whatever their managers recommend.

it's pretty weird.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon didn't ban himself. The league did.

Gordon didn't write the rule. The league did.

Try to be accurate. Try to keep up.
Gordon didn't light the joint, the league did...oh wait, that one doesn't work:scratch:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no where in the federal rule say the NFL can't test for it. It was banned long before Gordon and Gregory stepped foot on a NFL field.

Your argument is weak especially considering the NFLPA agreed to the ban.

Stop defending rule breakers.
When did I say the federal government says the league can't test for it???

You can't even keep it straight. You are the ignorant asshole who brought the completely irrelevant federal government into this situation. This is between the league, the nflpa, the teams, and the player. You were ignorant enough to mention the federal government in the first place, clearly this discussion is above your capabilities.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my wife is a manager in the Department of Treasury and has never been drug tested ... they have a lot of drug users in the Treasury department that will show up to work high on all sorts of different stuff ... if they are caught, they can just claim 'addiction' /sickness and they get to keep their jobs as long as they want if they keep going to counseling or whatever their managers recommend.

it's pretty weird.

I was in the military and the same thing applies there as well. The Federal Government has some fucked up rules. I was in the Air Force for 10 year and only had a handful of drug tests. My number rarely came up when it came to random drug testing.

Same thing for the State. I am a State employee in Texas and my only drug test was the initial drug test for hiring. My number has not come up since. A co-worker we recently tested and has been here 5 years and it was his first time being hit with the random test.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon didn't light the joint, the league did...oh wait, that one doesn't work:scratch:
Not a primary condition here.

The league established the offense in the first place.

The joint has no connection to the football field without the league's actions.

There is nothing to debate there. It exists exactly as I just described it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rule was there before Gordon, therefore the punishment is on him.

The League and PLAYERS agreed to the rule.

Try to keep up.
Exactly like I have already told you. The league did it. So now you agree with me?

Take it a little further and maybe it'll actually click for you.
Who originally drafted and proposed the rule?
Was it personnel from the NFL or personnel from the NFLPA?
Did the NFLPA invent and propose a way to give power to the NFL over their constituents?
They are a dumb organization, but even you can answer that one.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is an utterly stupid argument. Rules are rules and Josh Gordon has to abide by them just like any other responsible human being. If I smoke weed on the weekends but never touch it during the week I can still be fired if I test positive. I agree to that when I accepted employment.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would bring him in on a very short leash. If he starts screwing up you show him the door and you're not out much.

But if he's fully committed then you have legit #1 WR talent on your roster for just something like a 7th rounder.

As a one-off....maybe I wouldn't mind it. The problem is that you can't hope that he'd be 'fully committed' when the Browns gave him chance after chance after chance......why would he change his tune now? Just because Shanahan was his OC a half decade ago?

Gordon has a much bigger problem than just the weed. It's alcohol, pills, and god knows what else.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a ridiculous argument. I can't think of a single business that does not do drug testing. Can you name an entity that does not?

Really? My son has worked for four companies over the last 6 years, only ONE required a drug test.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I say the federal government says the league can't test for it???

You can't even keep it straight. You are the ignorant asshole who brought the completely irrelevant federal government into this situation. This is between the league, the nflpa, the teams, and the player. You were ignorant enough to mention the federal government in the first place, clearly this discussion is above your capabilities.

Fine take the feds out of it, but the bolded agreed together on its ban.

Now tell me again about being ignorant.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly like I have already told you. The league did it. So now you agree with me?

Take it a little further and maybe it'll actually click for you.
Who originally drafted and proposed the rule?
Was it personnel from the NFL or personnel from the NFLPA?
Did the NFLPA invent and propose a way to give power to the NFL over their constituents?
They are a dumb organization, but even you can answer that one.
You keep on forgetting the NFLPA agreed. Stop simply pointing at one party when both parties signed off.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? My son has worked for four companies over the last 6 years, only ONE required a drug test.

Wow.....really?..... maybe it is a Texas thing because I have never had a job that did not require a drug test. I have lived only in Texas after I got out of the Air Force.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.....really?..... maybe it is a Texas thing because I have never had a job that did not require a drug test. I have lived only in Texas after I got out of the Air Force.

I'm retired AF and now a GS. I have been tested numerous times during both careers.

That being said while I am in a drug testing position, there are non testing positions for some working as GS's

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Places he worked.
GameStop
Fry's
Caption Call
Asurion (Drug Tested)

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm retired AF and now a GS. I have been tested numerous times during both careers.

That being said while I am in a drug testing position, there are non testing positions for some working as GS's

I guess it depends on the job. I guess less skilled (probably poor wording) positions will not require it. Right now I am in IT Networking. Will be switching careers in a couple years. Currently have a Bachelors in Information Systems but have decided to take up Network Security. So I am going back to school.