• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking News: Browns to release Josh Gordon

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do most eagles fans turn everything into an idiotic argument

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are acting like the league's rules existed before the league did. No, it was UP TO THEM. They created it. They kept Josh Gordon out.

Do you listen to the voices in your head? I bet you do. Because if you haven't noticed not many (if any @ all) agree w/ you.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly that feels kind of a weird fit just knowing how Erhardt-Perkins kinda sorta works over in NE. Gordon... not a good route runner. Freak? Yes. My hunch is this is a kneejerk reaction to getting plastered by the Jags on Sunday.

It's a reaction , not really knee jerk though.

They have nobody. Even if Edleman returns they will miss Amendola. Patterson is not an answer.

Might honestly be that Dez is the guy they should hunt for though.

From all said here and elsewhere people seem to think Gordon really doesn't care about football. I might disagree, being a Brown can kill desire...

Dez gives a huge shit about football. Dez is all about football. And I read somewhere that his 67 catches last year equals Gronk. On a team that was horrible through the air last year.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be a huge fail for the Pat's,
Now everyone is going to know Tommy has weak arm cause he wont be able to Gordon in stride since Josh is sooooo fast!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with him.

So you think a player that has made the wrong decisions multiple times shouldn't have to follow the rules or that the rules should be changed so he stops breaking them?

Do you think the Earth is flat? I hope so. Because that would explain your odd stance on Gordon getting himself in trouble all the time & trying to blame the NFL for his demons.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Peter Tosh once said, you can't smoke money....

There are lots of ignored rules.

This should be one of them.

The problem is it is SUCH an easy rule to get by. You get tested ONCE a year. It can happen between Spring and pre-season but always occurs in training camp (save $ by having all players in one spot at the same time).

If you pass this test, you are good till next years training camp. All a player has to do is make sure he's clean for camp. That's it. A 2 month period, 10-20 months in an entire lifetime not to use any recreational drugs.

I'm fine keeping it because if someone thinks it is worth hurting their team to not give up drugs for a 2 month period, that to me says a lot about their intelligence, and possibly their addiction level to whatever they are on.

If you get busted. You get increased testing. For 90 days. That's it, less than 3 months of staying clean (basically need to stay clean through the first month to 2 months of the season. Then a full release from the program and you are back to square one. And if you get popped for marijuana you get an extra strike before any fines/suspensions.

It's arguably the easiest test in the world.

I don't know why the NFL and NFLPA agree on these tests. Maybe it cuts insurance costs, so it's more $ in players pockets. I think the players and league should talk about it in their upcoming CBA.

But I have no sympathy if you can't pass that test.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was playing fine. Then he was suspended. But he already proved he could play fine on whatever he was doing before that.
Your rationale is mind boggling.

What does playing well have to do with breaking the rules? If i’m a star employee and I misrepresent the company in a bad way at work or outside of work by getting wasted, i’m getting fired. Regardless of my performance.

If he doesn’t like the rules, he can go work somewhere else.

I get you don’t like the rule, but defending Gordon or his actions is not the way to show it.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is it is SUCH an easy rule to get by. You get tested ONCE a year. It can happen between Spring and pre-season but always occurs in training camp (save $ by having all players in one spot at the same time).

If you pass this test, you are good till next years training camp. All a player has to do is make sure he's clean for camp. That's it. A 2 month period, 10-20 months in an entire lifetime not to use any recreational drugs.

I'm fine keeping it because if someone thinks it is worth hurting their team to not give up drugs for a 2 month period, that to me says a lot about their intelligence, and possibly their addiction level to whatever they are on.

If you get busted. You get increased testing. For 90 days. That's it, less than 3 months of staying clean (basically need to stay clean through the first month to 2 months of the season. Then a full release from the program and you are back to square one. And if you get popped for marijuana you get an extra strike before any fines/suspensions.

I don't know why the NFL and NFLPA agree on these tests. Maybe it cuts insurance costs, so it's more $ in players pockets. I think the players and league should talk about it in their upcoming CBA.

Fine them $ at worst and let them play.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine them $ at worst and let them play.

Maybe. Definitely add in the mandatory rehab portions of it. I mean if you can't stay off something for a couple months out of the year that's all it would take to earn millions of dollars, there's an addiction problem there.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Definitely add in the mandatory rehab portions of it. I mean if you can't stay off something for a couple months out of the year that's all it would take to earn millions of dollars, there's an addiction problem there.
your name must have people thinking i could be in kuwait lol

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

isnt he on a different level of testing due to his suspensions?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isnt he on a different level of testing due to his suspensions?

Yeah, if you keep screwing up you get pushed into further levels where testing and rehab stuff take place. But you really have to have problems to get to that point.

I forget where I read, but for every person that we hear about, there's another 10 that failed a test, but passed the 3 month extra testing and was done (all that is kept confidential until fine/suspensions).

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Possibly.

I think he has some issues that add to it. From what I've read.

Regardless, to me herb is a non-issue. I'd rather have a pot head on my team than a lush or a lady smacker.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly.

I think he has some issues that add to it. From what I've read.

Regardless, to me herb is a non-issue. I'd rather have a pot head on my team than a lush or a lady smacker.

I'd agree there, but I think that is a sign of intelligence or at least decision making.

Do you want a guy on your team who will throw away millions of dollars and be lost to the team for years just so he can smoke pot a couple more months out of the year?

That to me is more the issue than the marijuana itself.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree there, but I think that is a sign of intelligence or at least decision making.

Do you want a guy on your team who will throw away millions of dollars and be lost to the team for years just so he can smoke pot a couple more months out of the year?

That to me is more the issue than the marijuana itself.

To me, if he can help me and the team win, I couldn't give a flying fuck. (Notice my intelligence in not using a double negative?)

So again, the silly rule.

Folks get so hung up on insignificant shit.

On Oct 17, we go full tilt boogie on herb legality up here. Where it's civilized and no idiotic mansters or oldfools reside.....

Is it going to change my life one iota? Nope. I do what I do. Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

But the time warp that is the 49th parallel is going to be a joke. Talk about silly rules. "Sir, it says you work for a medicinal marijuana factory in Saskatchewan so you can't come here."

And like I mentioned a while back, next week my son is heading to Seattle with his cousin for the Pokes game. And he's epileptic. And takes CBD infusion for his supplemental medication, as prescribed by a doctor. And he cannot bring his legal up here (and in many states) supply with him. Doesn't get you high, just controls his seizures.

So guess what? He couldn't even get across the border if he was packing. Some say, so what, buy it in Seattle, it's legal there. And he will (thanks to uhsplit).

But he couldn't get across the border if he brought his own.

It's all just so fucked up.

And Josh Gordon is just another guy with a high profile caught up in it.

I can go to work and DO MY JOB. So can Josh.

It should be all that matters.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be a huge fail for the Pat's,
Now everyone is going to know Tommy has weak arm cause he wont be able to Gordon in stride since Josh is sooooo fast!

He did fine with Cooks. If your dirty team didn't injure him in the SB, you guys would have uggatz. Bad enough we handed you SB champs Blount and Long but then your team does that. Hope your ashamed McNabb, knowing you nah