• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING NEWS: 9ers sign Moss 1 yr deal

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We needed a threat at WR and now we have one, at least in name anyway. I see no reason to think Moss isn't serious and won't dedicate himself to the cause; and after watching what Plax did coming back after being away for two years, I think this is an excellent & safe risk to take. And if we do have any interest in Manning, then his eyebrows just raised, at least a little.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worse case scenario he sucks and we cut him.

Best case is TO's first season with the Eagles.

I honestly don't think its bad.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL. yup pretty much.

How we try and go after Randy Moss and not Peyton Manning is just mind boggling.

cause with all the other teams interested in Peyton, its likely due to $12M mind boggling reasons?

nah, even before that........he's likely isn't a GOOD fit? if a team is going to make this kind of big, short term commitment, he needs to be.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baalke has now signed 3 of 4 of the FAs I've wanted!!!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this mean no Stephen Hill at 30 if he's there?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We needed a threat at WR and now we have one, at least in name anyway. I see no reason to think Moss isn't serious and won't dedicate himself to the cause; and after watching what Plax did coming back after being away for two years, I think this is an excellent & safe risk to take. And if we do have any interest in Manning, then his eyebrows just raised, at least a little.

now we need a slot type receiver? someone who can open quickly on shorter patterns, someone with quickness.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now we need a slot type receiver? someone who can open quickly on shorter patterns, someone with quickness.

Kyle Williams?

Don't let the championship game fool you. Williams was developing nicely as a slot type WR. At one point he was our most reliable WR. Granted that's not saying much.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Let's hope so. It's almost never a good idea to drafta WR in the first round IMO. If you're going to spend a 1st on a WR he should be really special prospect.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always liked Moss,,I wish him luck along with the 49ers in the coming season

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was wondering the same thing. I would hope that this is the first of a few moves we'll make at WR. I'm curious if they think of him as a depth move or as our legitimate deep threat.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Don't know. With all the hype I don't even know if he will be there at #30. I think we still need to grab somebody. hill needs some time to get adjusted to the NFL and maybe with Moss here for a year that will help give Hill some time. Or maybe this opens the door to wait until the later rounds to grab a few WR.

i just realize I didn't answer shit in that whole paragraph...

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know. With all the hype I don't even know if he will be there at #30. I think we still need to grab somebody. hill needs some time to get adjusted to the NFL and maybe with Moss here for a year that will help give Hill some time. Or maybe this opens the door to wait until the later rounds to grab a few WR.

i just realize I didn't answer shit in that whole paragraph...

:postwhore:

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the move so much. We were in desperate need of a deep threat. That is honestly what held us back this season IMO. Moss gives us that. Now we just need our CB and QB locked up and were good til the draft.

I don't think this is going to mean we won't take Hill. In fact, I think this means quite the opposite. I think this gives us a bridge so that Hill wouldn't have to be the man his first season in the league. He can also show Hill how to get open in this league. I think its a pretty good move.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IMO, of the three (Morgan (assuming we sign him), Williams & Crabtree) Williams is our quickest, Morgan is our most reliable and Crabtree is our biggest. Perhaps we can glue them together - then of course we still have an unknown in Bogan - But you are right we need some one besides Davis to exploit the middle.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can I get the Moss in white on pre-order? I shall forever remember this day for it is joyous.

I'll remember this day as something but it won't be joyous. Amazing after everything I saw while he was in Minnesota and everything that I said and felt about him then, and he's now a Niner. My goodness. I don't have the words.

Last edited by a moderator: