• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking: James Franklin to be named Penn ST HC

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're obviously teetering on the edge of a meltdown because a couple of us happen to be complimentary of Vanderbilt. Go outside, walk around, talk a friend, enjoy a refreshment but do something to calm yourself down and then come back and try again later.

theres a fine line between complimenting Vanderbilt and straight out bashing PSU (which you are doing)

not my fault that I am correcting someone for being wrong.but i guess those that are wrong are all pissy that i am correcting em.

#no surprises

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're obviously teetering on the edge of a meltdown because a couple of us happen to be complimentary of Vanderbilt. Go outside, walk around, talk a friend, enjoy a refreshment but do something to calm yourself down and then come back and try again later.

"You're an idiot, I know everything."- john01992

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres a fine line between complimenting Vanderbilt and straight out bashing PSU (which you are doing)

not my fault that I am correcting someone for being wrong.but i guess those that are wrong are all pissy that i am correcting em.

#no surprises

Your opinion sounds like it's really, really important and valuable. And you're objective too. And mature. Very mature.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the move is lateral at best.
-hammerdown

are you freaking kidding me? nobody is downplaying PSU?

jeez talk about a bunch of idiots
Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. You jumped into the middle of a thread and started spewing your hate. Yes, people are talking about whether the PSU job is better than the Vandy job, and in doing so, discussing the relative merits of the job. Runeman, in a civil yet erroneous post, in my opinion, expanding the discussion to talk about the "overall college experience," stating that Vandy wasn't comparable to PSU. I corrected him, stating my opinion that the Vandy experience was just as good, if not better, than PSU. That's when you jumped in and called me a clueless dumbfuck.

So, no, no one was downplaying PSU. You can't find a single post in here where anyone says anything negative about the PSU college experience. We were having a a civil discussion until you came in acting like a 10 year old.

Only the second time I've done this here: [X] Ignore

It always seems to make the experience so much better.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. You jumped into the middle of a thread and started spewing your hate. Yes, people are talking about whether the PSU job is better than the Vandy job, and in doing so, discussing the relative merits of the job. Runeman, in a civil yet erroneous post, in my opinion, expanding the discussion to talk about the "overall college experience," stating that Vandy wasn't comparable to PSU. I corrected him, stating my opinion that the Vandy experience was just as good, if not better, than PSU. That's when you jumped in and called me a clueless dumbfuck.

So, no, no one was downplaying PSU. You can't find a single post in here where anyone says anything negative about the PSU college experience. We were having a a civil discussion until you came in acting like a 10 year old.

how many times have you been to the PSU campus? I am just curious......

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"College Experience" is too subjective to rank IMO.

But, just on the merits of the head football job, I think most people agree that the PSU gig is a clearly superior spot.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its right across from a hockey arena and had a guitar sign out front.

gimmie a fucken break here

You've just playing around on Google Earth. :rollseyes:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"College Experience" is too subjective to rank IMO.

But, just on the merits of the head football job, I think most people agree that the PSU gig is a clearly superior spot.

Of course there's no argument there.

But in this case, with a young coach whose stock is soaring, I just think he should have stayed at Vandy one more year (for the same money) and seen what was available then, including coveted NFL jobs like the NY Giants. But, he wants to win, he's from Pennsylvania and he obviously wants to stay in college. So then, good move. I'll be pulling for PSU to get something going now and build on last season.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've just playing around on Google Earth. :rollseyes:

dude cut the crap. only 2 SEC schools that i have been to. vandy was one of them. I know that strip well and have been through there a couple of times. lot of great bars. I remember going towards the waterfront from the stage and the 2 other bars that stuck out to me was one that had a giant cowboy sign and the other was a narrow BBQ bar that had easily 1000s of different bbq jars.

hate to burst your bubble bro

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no John fan, and i've never been to Penn State, but Vanderbilt is not a great social scene by any means. The campus is beautiful, but it's sort of isolated. Even though it is geographically close to the Downtown, there are big roads everywhere and it's not really walkable at all. There's not a real college town feel with tons of unique and cheap dining, shopping, and drinking options. It feels like rich kid frat-boy central without a soul or any partying which doesn't involve bros downing Natty Lite or whatever bros drink today.

Of course, everything I know about PSU says it is pretty isolated and has many of the same problems as Vanderbilt. At least Vandy is in a relatively big city, even if its not one with the city like a Wisconsin or an Ohio State.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. And thats probably the lowest attendance for PSU senior day since the most recent stadium addition.
Truthfully, getting 40K there is a step up from before. There are a number of reasons:

1. There are only 4500 undergrads.
2. Vandy students are widely geographically dispersed, as are the alumni. Of my 25 frat brothers, 3 live in Tennessee.
3. We've been losing so long, it;s going to take a while
4. Mostly you just don't really care so much about sports at Vandy ... it isn't why you went there.

I never missed a game, and went to many away games, but I support my grad school. I rarely go back to Vandy for athletics.

So, I think Franklin is doing the right thing. I thank him for his service and will look forward to him doing great things at PSU.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there's no argument there.

But in this case, with a young coach whose stock is soaring, I just think he should have stayed at Vandy one more year (for the same money) and seen what was available then, including coveted NFL jobs like the NY Giants. But, he wants to win, he's from Pennsylvania and he obviously wants to stay in college. So then, good move. I'll be pulling for PSU to get something going now and build on last season.

He may have wanted this job more than an NFL shot, who knows. I am happy for PSU, it looks to be a great hire.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude cut the crap. only 2 SEC schools that i have been to. vandy was one of them. I know that strip well and have been through there a couple of times. lot of great bars. I remember going towards the waterfront from the stage and the 2 other bars that stuck out to me was one that had a giant cowboy sign and the other was a narrow BBQ bar that had easily 1000s of different bbq jars.

hate to burst your bubble bro

Buncha lies. Just stop it, bro.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PENN ST players are a bunch of fuckers

:laugh3:

Last edited by a moderator: