• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: Bradley Roby arrested

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a little more perspective on the arrests at OSU, here are the numbers for 2012 -

1. University of Iowa – 15 Arrests/Citations
2. Oklahoma State University - 11 Arrests/Charges/Citations
T3. University of Arkansas – 9 Arrests
T3. University of Georgia – 9 Arrests
T3. University of Missouri – 9 Arrests
T3. Washington State University – 9 Arrests
T4. Iowa State University – 8 Arrests
T4. North Dakota State University – 8 Charges
T4. Oregon State University – 8 Arrests/Citations
T5. East Carolina University – 7 Arrests
T5. Montana State University – 7 Arrests
T5. University of Pittsburgh – 7 Arrests/Charges
T6. Marquette University – 6 Citations
T6. Marshall University – 6 Arrests
T6. Purdue University – 6 Arrests
T6. University of Arizona – 6 Arrests
T7. Central Michigan University – 5 Arrests
T7. North Carolina State University – 5 Arrests
T7. Ohio State University – 5 Arrests/Citations
T7. Rochester Knighthawks – 5 Arrests
T7. Texas Christian University – 5 Arrests
T7. Texas Tech University – 5 Arrests
T7. University of Mississippi - 5 Arrests
T7. University of South Carolina – 5 Arrests

Where did this list come from?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
arrestnation.com

Pretty interesting site.

That is what I figured. I have looked at that site before. FSU only had 3 in 2012. Which is good from supposed Free Shoes U. :yahoo:

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Canes
4 arrests since 2010. Damn we are thugs...

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I figured. I have looked at that site before. FSU only had 3 in 2012. Which is good from supposed Free Shoes U. :yahoo:

You guys have come a long, long way since then.

andyham7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe Iowa is #1, I didnt think there was anything to even do there, much less anything to get arrested for! lol
Oh well, says a lot for the old cliche, Idle hands are the devils workshop! :whistle:

hurricane 2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Troubles keep mounting in Columbus.......maybe its the fat ugly coed's at OSU ?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe Iowa is #1, I didnt think there was anything to even do there, much less anything to get arrested for! lol
Oh well, says a lot for the old cliche, Idle hands are the devils workshop! :whistle:

I think that's the problem. The overwhelming majority of them were public intox/underage, then there was a loud house party, and one genius tried to lower the price of a shirt at a Dillards and then buy it.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wel according to most of the folks on here, the problems at Florida right now with guys getting arrested all the time are Meyer's fault because they were his recruits.

That said, it's really just trolling in general for anyone to blame a football coach for a guy getting arrested. He's his football coach, not his dad.

Sorry, I'm not going to agree with that. Coaches sit in parents living rooms and tell them "give your kid to me, I'll take care of him". They make speeches about the fine young men that they send out into the world, you have to take a second look at them when a high number of their kids don't become good citizens. I know that these kids pretty much are who they are before they get to school but on the same token you have to be selective on who you bring in.

Meyer's recruits are now on Muschamp's watch. If Meyer still has some trash that he left behind, it's on Muschamp to clean it up or get rid of it.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I'm not going to agree with that. Coaches sit in parents living rooms and tell them "give your kid to me, I'll take care of him". They make speeches about the fine young men that they send out into the world, you have to take a second look at them when a high number of their kids don't become good citizens. I know that these kids pretty much are who they are before they get to school but on the same token you have to be selective on who you bring in.

Meyer's recruits are now on Muschamp's watch. If Meyer still has some trash that he left behind, it's on Muschamp to clean it up or get rid of it.

If my child ever became a college recruit and a coach said that, I would probably be incredibly uncomfortable. I've never heard of a coach saying that to a parent. By the time these kids get to college, they're men. If you make a poor decision off the field, it isn't because of something that happened to you while under a coach for a couple of seasons. Last year, Michigan had 4 kids get arrested: Fitz for OVI, Clark for felony home invasion, Campbell for destruction of property and Furman for domestic violence/assault/breaking and entering. I could sit here and troll Michigan and put it all on Hoke, but that's bullshit. By the time you come to college, you know what's right and what's wrong. It's one thing to knowingly bring a kid on that has had major discipline problems before going to college. It's another to have a kid make a stupid mistake and hopefully learn from it.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having been in the armed forces I kinda see things a little different when it comes to these types of things. These men are being recruited to be highly trained athletes who happen to play one of the most violent sports in the world. They train every day under highly stressful conditions and I would imagine it is hard to turn that tough guy shit off come 6pm on Friday or Saturday night. I know it was for many of our soldiers in my unit. Should they know better, yes.. but it just doesn't always happen.

The Army itself understood this and they preach discipline everyday, along with some BS warrior code, but still dudes would get in trouble. The one thing that the Army did to help mitigate this from happening was having safety briefings before being dismissed on Friday evenings.

Why can't college coaches put these men in formation and give them risk assessments or safety briefings. Let them know where they can't and can go. Preach to them about staying in groups and keeping someone sober in the group. Every Friday for 3.5 years I would hear this same shit, it helped keep me out of trouble. I knew if I fucked up I was going to get stoved piped by the 1st Sgt and put on extra duty for a hell of a long time.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having been in the armed forces I kinda see things a little different when it comes to these types of things. These men are being recruited to be highly trained athletes who happen to play one of the most violent sports in the world. They train every day under highly stressful conditions and I would imagine it is hard to turn that tough guy shit off come 6pm on Friday or Saturday night. I know it was for many of our soldiers in my unit. Should they know better, yes.. but it just doesn't always happen.

The Army itself understood this and they preach discipline everyday, along with some BS warrior code, but still dudes would get in trouble. The one thing that the Army did to help mitigate this from happening was having safety briefings before being dismissed on Friday evenings.

Why can't college coaches put these men in formation and give them risk assessments or safety briefings. Let them know where they can't and can go. Preach to them about staying in groups and keeping someone sober in the group. Every Friday for 3.5 years I would hear this same shit, it helped keep me out of trouble. I knew if I fucked up I was going to get stoved piped by the 1st Sgt and put on extra duty for a hell of a long time.

I agree with you, but the only difference between soldiers and athletes is simple: arrogance. I'm not saying every athlete is this way, and a lot of them aren't even like this naturally, but so many of them get pumped up so much through their entire lives, they almost get conditioned that they basically can do no wrong. Hubris is more of an issue nowadays than ever for young kids, with the constant "look at me" mindset. In a way, I almost feel bad for them, but then I remember every month when I pay my massive student loan payment that these kids are getting a free ride.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So anyway, what's the latest on Roby?

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the security tape will acquit Hyde.....

I am sure it will be argued that Urban personally doctored the tape though.....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One day go from losing our starting RB and two other guys facing charges or arrested.

Now Hyde is innocent and Roby could prob get a 2-game. Not too bad. Just need the other guys to stay in check.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my child ever became a college recruit and a coach said that, I would probably be incredibly uncomfortable. I've never heard of a coach saying that to a parent. By the time these kids get to college, they're men. If you make a poor decision off the field, it isn't because of something that happened to you while under a coach for a couple of seasons. Last year, Michigan had 4 kids get arrested: Fitz for OVI, Clark for felony home invasion, Campbell for destruction of property and Furman for domestic violence/assault/breaking and entering. I could sit here and troll Michigan and put it all on Hoke, but that's bullshit. By the time you come to college, you know what's right and what's wrong. It's one thing to knowingly bring a kid on that has had major discipline problems before going to college. It's another to have a kid make a stupid mistake and hopefully learn from it.

While I agree with you that poor decisions made by players are not the fault of the coach, if you think coaches aren't telling players and their parents that they'll take care of them you're crazy. Every coach, ex-player, radio host on XM 91 has said as much as well. That's why the parts of the year that a coach and player can't work together become troublesome.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when Ohio State folks were giving Michigan shit because Will Campbell got in trouble with the law, over do a bad Dukes of Hazard impersonation?