• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braun Done For The Year

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To # 1 - But word from people familiar with the case suggests that Bosch's testimony is merely the beginning of the evidence.
"MLB has receipts, checks, the whole nine yards," a person with ties to an investigated player said.

Question is, why on God's green earth would you leave a paper trail if you're a player?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he sing? That's a REAL interesting question...nothing worse than a rat.
What about a rat on a division rival?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in this case two guys are known cheaters that have serious ties to this guy, and early rumors of Arod trying to cop a deal. It's all odd and we're not on the inside so they may just have more than one guy trying to cover his ass. The truth is this guy is just telling us fans what we all already know, and that's there is still a problem with PEDs even with the "stars" of the game.
Braun's sample wasn't handled properly. (not saying he wasn't at the time) Any time evidence is not handled properly, then more than likely it wouldn't be admissible in court.

It looks like it doesn't matter if you have serious ties or not. If your name is on the list, then MLB is basically saying you are guilty, w/o ever testing positive.

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To # 1 - But word from people familiar with the case suggests that Bosch's testimony is merely the beginning of the evidence.
"MLB has receipts, checks, the whole nine yards," a person with ties to an investigated player said.

That's what I'm thinking as well. They have to have more evidence than just a "he said, she said." Even if the MLBPA wanted to give someone up they wouldn't let it happen without having more proof than just someones word.

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braun's sample wasn't handled properly. (not saying he wasn't at the time) Any time evidence is not handled properly, then more than likely it wouldn't be admissible in court.

It looks like it doesn't matter if you have serious ties or not. If your name is on the list, then MLB is basically saying you are guilty, w/o ever testing positive.

Do you honestly believe all these guys went to this clinic for legal supplements?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they have proof of purchase, plus the owner saying what he sold them, there isnt going to be much of an appeal process imo, thats just stone cold busted.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pinocho.gif

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you honestly believe all these guys went to this clinic for legal supplements?
No I don't.

But your name being on a list isn't enough evidence in my book w/o ever testing positive. For MLB I guess it is. If nobody else (other than A-rod) gets punished, then we have 2 scapegoats for MLB and the rest gets swept under the rug. MLB are the ones to blame to begin with for turning a blind eye 15yrs ago when it was out of control.

Like is said earlier. Braun is the perfect whipping boy for this case. His team has nothing to lose.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also his MVP award should be taken away and awarded to Matt Kemp.

1dummydog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just the first. A-Roid is next, followed by a number of others.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question is, why on God's green earth would you leave a paper trail if you're a player?

Living with an extreme air of entitlement, and, the feeling that they are more special and important than the average Joe, meaning that they also feel that they are above the law, rules, and punishment?

1dummydog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't.

But your name being on a list isn't enough evidence in my book w/o ever testing positive. For MLB I guess it is. If nobody else (other than A-rod) gets punished, then we have 2 scapegoats for MLB and the rest gets swept under the rug. MLB are the ones to blame to begin with for turning a blind eye 15yrs ago when it was out of control.

Like is said earlier. Braun is the perfect whipping boy for this case. His team has nothing to lose.

It's out of control right now. The drug companies have just come up with ways to mask things better. This won't be over any time soon.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just the first. A-Roid is next, followed by a number of others.

The best related comment about this mess so far. (Think NFL draft) "Bud Selig says Ryan Braun is off the board now. Next up - A Rod.

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't.

15 years ago it wasn't against the rules so that's another ballgame entirely. However, Braun, Arod and many others knew what they were doing was wrong and against the rules in the books. These guys knew what they were doing, its not MLB's fault for them being and dumb and taking PEDs. MLB never forced these guys to take the drugs after they deemed said drugs to be against the rules. I don't accept the argument that MLB is to blame for current players breaking the rules. These are grown men they should be held accountable for their personal actions.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 years ago it wasn't against the rules so that's another ballgame entirely. However, Braun, Arod and many others knew what they were doing was wrong and against the rules in the books. These guys knew what they were doing, its not MLB's fault for them being and dumb and taking PEDs. MLB never forced these guys to take the drugs after they deemed said drugs to be against the rules. I don't accept the argument that MLB is to blame for current players breaking the rules. These are grown men they should be held accountable for their personal actions.

You are talking about good old fashioned accountability here. Does that still happen in this country? It does not seem so to me. In fact, I would not be surprised if Ryan Braun were not talking to lawyer Gloria Alred right now, trying to blame someone else for this mess he is in.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are talking about good old fashioned accountability here. Does that still happen in this country? It does not seem so to me. In fact, I would not be surprised if Ryan Braun were not talking to lawyer Gloria Alred right now, trying to blame someone else for this mess he is in.

"I did not know what was in the syringe I was being given. I thought it was a tetanus shot..... I swear!"

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: Thought people will play the whole well Sosa era players MLB turned a blind eye, so why are they not now. MLB finally is doing the right thing. Do I like homers? Absolutely... Just don't like cheating to get them.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You know we're clean. We haven't scored a run in 37 innings." - Logan Morrison