• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braun Done For The Year

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. The Player's Association and MLB must be doing some hard negotiating behind the scenes. But I can see Selig going crazy with a vengeance if he can do it.

But I am always amused at the hypocrisy of Selig. He was aware for along time the drug use by MLB players in the past including McGwire yet he treats McGwire differently than any other player. Now Selig has found religion and he is anti-steroids? Puhleeease. McGwire confessed to steroids use but he allowed him to become hitting coach? The whole steroids thing is a sham.

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cruz gets the ax Texas is done. However, Texas' officials have been very confident that Cruz won't serve any suspension time this year, but haven't said why.

I was thinking that too just for the fact that after the all star break they would only have a couple of months to get all the suspensions handed out then go through all the appeals. But now I'm thinking, what if they hand down the suspension to Cruz and he doesn't appeal? It's a good chance he might not appeal it just for the fact he is a FA. If he doesn't get off, it's going to hurt him worse probably by appealing it, then it would to serve it now and be available to any team that wants to sign him. I'm 50/50 now after today.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I am always amused at the hypocrisy of Selig. He was aware for along time the drug use by MLB players in the past including McGwire yet he treats McGwire differently than any other player. Now Selig has found religion and he is anti-steroids? Puhleeease. McGwire confessed to steroids use but he allowed him to become hitting coach? The whole steroids thing is a sham.
You seem to be forgetting that Selig is an employee of the owners. If they don't care, he won't care. The owners didn't care until the sportswriters pulled a 180 and decided they cared, and told all the gullible fans that they should care. No one cared until there was fan outrage. I mean, any fan with half a brain knew what was going on, but that's a very small minority of the fans.

The media is the real issue here. They were in those locker rooms and at those training camps. They knew what was going on. They knew who was using and who wasn't. Their job is to be the conduit between the players and the fans, and they failed, most likely to protect their connections and not lose their inside scoop. Then, when they realized there were tons of newspapers and magazines to be sold, webpages to get clicks on, and book deals to be had, they flipped on the players and decided this activity that they enabled for so long was such a huge scandal. It's the very height of hypocrisy.

If someone wants to hire McGwire as a hitting coach, why should MLB be allowed to step in and not allow that? McGwire never broke any rules. He's not a bad person. He used some drugs to allow him to stay healthy and hit a baseball far. Big fucking deal. He shouldn't be allowed to earn a living if he actually can help guys hit better?

I'd say you take the issue to seriously. It's really not a big deal.

ImSmartherThanYou

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the sake of baseball, Im kinda hoping that Braun is the only one that was cheating but....yeah...probably not.
For the sake of baseball? Players cheat every day in every sport. Why does it only bother people in baseball?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

CantTouchThis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should have gotten 100 games at the minimum, but of course it's the Brewers so Bud Selig has to give his golden team a break.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to be forgetting that Selig is an employee of the owners. If they don't care, he won't care. The owners didn't care until the sportswriters pulled a 180 and decided they cared, and told all the gullible fans that they should care. No one cared until there was fan outrage. I mean, any fan with half a brain knew what was going on, but that's a very small minority of the fans.

The media is the real issue here. They were in those locker rooms and at those training camps. They knew what was going on. They knew who was using and who wasn't. Their job is to be the conduit between the players and the fans, and they failed, most likely to protect their connections and not lose their inside scoop. Then, when they realized there were tons of newspapers and magazines to be sold, webpages to get clicks on, and book deals to be had, they flipped on the players and decided this activity that they enabled for so long was such a huge scandal. It's the very height of hypocrisy.

If someone wants to hire McGwire as a hitting coach, why should MLB be allowed to step in and not allow that? McGwire never broke any rules. He's not a bad person. He used some drugs to allow him to stay healthy and hit a baseball far. Big fucking deal. He shouldn't be allowed to earn a living if he actually can help guys hit better?

I'd say you take the issue to seriously. It's really not a big deal.

It is not a question of making it a bigger deal than it is. I hate hypocrisy and the attitude of the media, owners and Seliq in particular in applying varying standards to the drug issue. Barry Bonds was blackballed by MLB because the hypocrites in the media said so. Why was Bonds hounded out of the league but McGwire allowed in? If steroids use is so anathema to the overall health of the league, why would you allow a man who confessed to steroids use to be a hitting coach? This is ridiculous. Why did the media that was so virulent in its condemnation of Barry Bonds fall silent to an owner hiring a confessed steroids user, McGwire?

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, not only are you naive politically speaking, but also in regards to the character of the modern athlete.

It is not naivete to say that the role of steroids is overblown. You can even without citing scholarship or scientific research on this and using statistics from players deduce from those who have been busted from Mitchell Report and see whether there is any correlation between steroids use and prodigious production. I am a liberal and the fact that I have a different view from you does not make me naive, politically speaking.

If steroids is touted to be all that it is, how come players are allowed back after "cheating" and bringing the game into disrepute?

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys expect? There was a time not too long ago when steroids weren't against the "rules" All this is still fairly new, for them to even get HGH testing and a 50 game suspension when they did is crazy. Hell, the NFL has been talking about testing for HGH since all the balco shit went down, and that's exactly what it still is, talk. With unions and when changes like this are made it's not perfect. If they would have agreed to a life time ban or a 100 games after first time testing positive it would be different. But that wasn't the agreement, now everyone just wants to make up new rules, it's not that simple.