• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braun Done For The Year

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The suspension with no pay is nice that it hits the player where it hurts. But what about the team? If ARod gets hit, that is a reward for the Spanks.

The teams should still be on the hook for the money, but it goes into a charity if some sort. Maybe put it into a retirement package for old-timers. Something like what the NFL is trying to avoid right now...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best related comment about this mess so far. (Think NFL draft) "Bud Selig says Ryan Braun is off the board now. Next up - A Rod.

Nicely done! :clap:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 years ago it wasn't against the rules so that's another ballgame entirely. However, Braun, Arod and many others knew what they were doing was wrong and against the rules in the books. These guys knew what they were doing, its not MLB's fault for them being and dumb and taking PEDs. MLB never forced these guys to take the drugs after they deemed said drugs to be against the rules. I don't accept the argument that MLB is to blame for current players breaking the rules. These are grown men they should be held accountable for their personal actions.

Put it this way. I'll be shocked if any other players on Bosch's list, not named Braun and A-rod gets suspended.

MLB's image cannot afford to have X amount of players suspended.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other fan bases, brace your self.

That list was long.

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put it this way. I'll be shocked if any other players on Bosch's list, not named Braun and A-rod gets suspended.

MLB's image cannot afford to have X amount of players suspended.

I agree with this. Sadly MLB will more than likely turn a blind eye to the rest, or will give up if a player tries to appeal. This is where Selig has really failed to control the whole steroid issue. This does not excuse the players though, they are still knowingly doing something illegal and the blame should be put squarely on the players not on MLB or anyone else if a player is busted.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has a factual list of MLB players names ever been produced regarding this case?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The list had about 20 players on it, I dont think I ever saw the complete list, just leaks like about 20 players including Braun and Arod.

If they have proof of payment from these guys, they are gone too.

Its not a he said she said if you have a copy of the check.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You mean, names + checks/receipts? I think only MLB has it now, if it exists at this point. I would think it does, even if it is only in an early draft stage.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean, names + checks/receipts? I think only MLB has it now, if it exists at this point. I would think it does, even if it is only in an early draft stage.
So in other words....MLB will decide who they want to be on the list and ousted, compared to those who they don't want to be made public.

It's all scandalous.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in other words....MLB will decide who they want to be on the list and ousted, compared to those who they don't want to be made public.

It's all scandalous.

I guess one could look at it that way. I myself am choosing to think that they have taken time and due diligence in putting together their info, and that they are in the process of contacting individual players and their agents and trying to work out deals ahead of the info becoming public, and that all found guilty will eventually be made to pay a price.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to MLBtv, all the players on the list have been showed the evidence against them, the union is also aware of all the evidence.

The owner said you came to him looking from PED.
The nurse verified you wanted PED.
The secretary said she remembers you calling several times.
Here are the phone records.
Here is a copy of your payment
Here is the receipt of delivery from Fedex/ups.

Bye Bye.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing:

The Court of Law (or in this case MLB) doesn't need a failed drug test or anything other shred of evidence if the accused pleads guilty, which it appears is exactly what Ryan Braun has done.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing:

The Court of Law (or in this case MLB) doesn't need a failed drug test or anything other shred of evidence if the accused pleads guilty, which it appears is exactly what Ryan Braun has done.

In a related note, is it really so wrong to take things at face value? Or, is the world we live in such that we have to assume that someone is always hiding something, and, that we never get the full and whole truth or story?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing:

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a related note, is it really so wrong to take things at face value? Or, is the world we live in such that we have to assume that someone is always hiding something, and, that we never get the full and whole truth or story?

I dunno...when it comes down to the money involved, I think we kinda have to assume someone is always hiding something. For all the money Braun is out, I bet it could have been a lot worse.

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope through this is that if you are on the list and if there is legit proof against named player they should be suspended. I hope that MLB doesn't cherry pick the names they want to make an example. If MLB takes everyone from the list who there is legit proof against and suspends them then we will know they are taking the steroid problem seriously. I doubt they will do this though.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Pirate fan I can't stop laughing but the more and more you think like stated he is the whipping boy because his team isn't winning. Makes him an easy target to "take it for the team" this year with the hope Baseball can come in next year and say hey we "did" something last year. By suspending the reigning NL MVP....cough ...cough..under Selig's breath...too bad his team stunk last year and this really meant nothing.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to Sports, yes. Especially when it comes to the MLB.

Unfortunately.....no player (example, Chris Davis) will ever be able to put up numbers extremely exceeding what they've done in the past, w/o the immediate speculation from fans that the only answer to explain it is........he's juicing.

Unless you're someone like say, Mike Trout. He's been very good out of the gate, at his young age and has the room to improve his numbers as he gets older.

But when you have 7+yr vets all of sudden breaking out and exceeding in 4 of the 5 basic stat categories, then there will always be speculation.

As far as I know, Puig has never seem major league (or minor league for that matter) pitching before. He's been doing well for a short time. The rumors and speculation have already started....

"is he juicing??"

In the fans eyes, never failing a drug test doesn't fly anymore in the MLB, but you can't blame them for thinking that way due to many factors.

Last edited by a moderator:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to Sports, yes. Especially when it comes to the MLB.

Unfortunately.....no player (example, Chris Davis) will ever be able to put up numbers extremely exceeding what they've done in the past, w/o the immediate speculation from fans that the only answer to explain it is........he's juicing.

Unless you're someone like say, Mike Trout. He's been very good out of the gate, at his young age and has the room to improve his numbers as he gets older.

But when you have 7+yr vets all of sudden breaking out and exceeding in 4 of the 5 basic stat categories, then there will always be speculation.

As far as I know, Puig has never seem major league (or minor league for that matter) pitchers before. He's been doing well for a short time. The rumors and speculation have already started....

"is he juicing??"

In the fans eyes, never failing a drug test doesn't fly anymore in the MLB, but you can't blame them for thinking that way due to many factors.

Yeah the Chris Davis is in line for the Brady Anderson "is he juicing" award of 2013.