• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braun Done For The Year

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another liar and cheater. I knew his MVP was bullshit and it should've been Kemp that year. 65 games is not enough if you ask me.

More to come on the possibility / likelyhood of a greater suspention time.

gunnarthor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess on why he agreed to 60+ games was twofold. 1) MLBPA said it wasn't going to defend PED users 2) MLB wanted to hit him with 100 and had a bunch of evidence. So it made sense to come to a deal. He doesn't get 100 game ban and I would suspect that the agreement between him and MLB categorize this as a one time offense under the CBA so he could still get two more strikes. But that's just a guess. I haven't read anything on how many violations of the CBA plan it's considered.

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. MLB Should have Pete Rose'd his ass. Not enough done but at least MLB is taking a real stance and sending a semi-serious message. He took it without contesting it only reaffirming what everyone knew the first time he tested positive.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, we all know Braun was the guy they wanted. Do they back off this thing some now?

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, we all know Braun was the guy they wanted. Do they back off this thing some now?

I know you are a Rangers fan and hoping they do, but I have a feeling by Braun not contesting the suspension it speaks for the amount of evidence they have against everyone. AROD to follow, and I think Nelson Cruz isn't far behind. Sorry dude :|

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braun was and always will be a douche.

Lets apologize to that courier that was blamed after the 2011 season.

The reason he took the deal was the suspension will be this year for the ones that dont appeal, or 65 games and that pay. Braun only loses 3.5 million.

The playoff contenders that wont lose the player now because of appeal will end up having the off season to replace them for the full 100 game suspension. So losing teams will take the suspension immediately and get ready for the next full season.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they go full force now. They want a reckoning.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you are a Rangers fan and hoping they do, but I have a feeling by Braun not contesting the suspension it speaks for the amount of evidence they have against everyone. AROD to follow, and I think Nelson Cruz isn't far behind. Sorry dude :|

Braun and A-Rod are in very different situations than Cruz. The rangers have seemed pretty confident that Cruz won't miss any games this year due to suspension. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I won't panic until something happens.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of evidence they have is from a guy who wants to cover his ass. In a real court of law, MLB would struggle to prove their case against players on a "list"

But for their own court......it's good enough.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they go full force now. They want a reckoning.

Even if they do, they'll have to deal with the appeals process. I doubt many, if any suspensions get served this year.

depraved

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,130.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of evidence they have is from a guy who wants to cover his ass. In a real court of law, MLB would struggle to prove their case.

But for their own court......it's good enough.

But in this case two guys are known cheaters that have serious ties to this guy, and early rumors of Arod trying to cop a deal. It's all odd and we're not on the inside so they may just have more than one guy trying to cover his ass. The truth is this guy is just telling us fans what we all already know, and that's there is still a problem with PEDs even with the "stars" of the game.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he bother appealing?

He's been battling injury, the Brewers are out of it, and I'm sure it's a relief to just have this all over and done with. He knew MLB was going to hit him and really this is best case scenario.

I still blame his mentor, ARod

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they do, they'll have to deal with the appeals process. I doubt many, if any suspensions get served this year.

Good point, and on another thread awhile ago, I said that the MLBPA will serve up a sacrificial lamb, so maybe Braun and A-Rod are those lambs. You know damn well A-Rod's toast...although, he was pretty much toast anyway.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there is always the question, you go to a supplement provider and trust the stuff is legal. Now, the name of this company makes it sound like its concocted to synthesize the illegal junk with the same results. What is happening to the dealer and pusher?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point, and on another thread awhile ago, I said that the MLBPA will serve up a sacrificial lamb, so maybe Braun and A-Rod are those lambs. You know damn well A-Rod's toast...although, he was pretty much toast anyway.

That's what I'm saying. If they get the guys they really want (Braun and A-Rod) do they ramp down their efforts somewhat?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's already released a public apology, he had to have made some kind of deal. What follows will be interesting.

His cooperation had to be a bargaining chip. Maybe instead of 100 games, they settled for the rest of this season, allowing him to be back on Opening Day?

A few other thoughts:

1.) The evidence must have been overwhelming and undeniable.

2.) Did he sing?

3.) I expect the rest of his career to mirror that of Nomar's. Tons of futility and similar injuries.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm saying. If they get the guys they really want (Braun and A-Rod) do they ramp down their efforts somewhat?

Maybe. The Player's Association and MLB must be doing some hard negotiating behind the scenes. But I can see Selig going crazy with a vengeance if he can do it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. The Player's Association and MLB must be doing some hard negotiating behind the scenes. But I can see Selig going crazy with a vengeance if he can do it.

I agree. There's deals being cut right now that we'll never really know about.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His cooperation had to be a bargaining chip. Maybe instead of 100 games, they settled for the rest of this season, allowing him to be back on Opening Day?

A few other thoughts:

2.) Did he sing?

3.) I expect the rest of his career to mirror that of Nomar's. Tons of futility and similar injuries.

To # 1 - But word from people familiar with the case suggests that Bosch's testimony is merely the beginning of the evidence.
"MLB has receipts, checks, the whole nine yards," a person with ties to an investigated player said.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A few other thoughts:

2.) Did he sing?

Did he sing? That's a REAL interesting question...nothing worse than a rat.