• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bradford gets team fired up - pregame

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford ? yes, Bradford ? gets Rams fired up : Sports

For those who think Sam Bradford isn’t passionate enough on the football field, you should have seen him on the field before Sunday’s game with Jacksonville at the Edward Jones Dome.
At the end of pregame warmups, just before the team heads into the locker room for the last time before kickoff, the players gather as a team in one big huddle. Normally, defensive end Chris Long stands in the middle of the group and gives a brief impassioned pep talk to get the team fired up.

This time it was Bradford. He was as animated as he has ever been, shouting words of encouragement with the rest of the team bobbing up and down around him and shouting themselves. So much for Silent Sam.

“I talked to Chris earlier,” Bradford said. “He kind of came up to me and was like, ‘Hey, we need you today.’ I thought it was the right thing. I thought that it was time for me, because I usually don’t say a whole lot. I’m pretty reserved.

“But I think today was a good time for me to get fired up. To let the guys know that it was time to roll. Hopefully, it worked. I think everyone was pretty fired up when I got in there.”

Judging by the result, a 34-20 Rams victory, maybe Bradford should replace Long in the pregame team huddle.

“I don’t know, he’s pretty good at it,” Bradford said. “And I realized afterwards it’s a lot of yelling. I was pretty tired after I got done with it. If that’s what it takes, I have no problem jumping in there doing it. But Chris is the one who usually gets everyone fired up, too.”

----------------------------------------------------
Was Bradford reading the boards? lol.

Seriously tho, he should get more animated and show this team he's a true leader. Good start Sam just keep it up.

/let the bashing begin. :whistle:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford ? yes, Bradford ? gets Rams fired up : Sports

For those who think Sam Bradford isn’t passionate enough on the football field, you should have seen him on the field before Sunday’s game with Jacksonville at the Edward Jones Dome.
At the end of pregame warmups, just before the team heads into the locker room for the last time before kickoff, the players gather as a team in one big huddle. Normally, defensive end Chris Long stands in the middle of the group and gives a brief impassioned pep talk to get the team fired up.

This time it was Bradford. He was as animated as he has ever been, shouting words of encouragement with the rest of the team bobbing up and down around him and shouting themselves. So much for Silent Sam.

“I talked to Chris earlier,” Bradford said. “He kind of came up to me and was like, ‘Hey, we need you today.’ I thought it was the right thing. I thought that it was time for me, because I usually don’t say a whole lot. I’m pretty reserved.

“But I think today was a good time for me to get fired up. To let the guys know that it was time to roll. Hopefully, it worked. I think everyone was pretty fired up when I got in there.”

Judging by the result, a 34-20 Rams victory, maybe Bradford should replace Long in the pregame team huddle.

“I don’t know, he’s pretty good at it,” Bradford said. “And I realized afterwards it’s a lot of yelling. I was pretty tired after I got done with it. If that’s what it takes, I have no problem jumping in there doing it. But Chris is the one who usually gets everyone fired up, too.”

----------------------------------------------------
Was Bradford reading the boards? lol.

Seriously tho, he should get more animated and show this team he's a true leader. Good start Sam just keep it up.

/let the bashing begin. :whistle:
Good article jacobarch!

Someone needs to tell Sam that yes he needs to do it every game just not every pregame. He needs to be that dude on the sidelines, cheering on good plays and chewing a hum I mean encourage and provide feedback on bad ones. The rolling the eyes shit on bad plays needs to stop!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just needs to be a leader because that goes with the QB job or get the hell out-one of the two.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense broke the string and had the first TD in the 2nd Q. Glad Bradford got everybody pumped.

Lol

It was Jax people. And Sam didn't wow anyone. He threw a few good throws in the 2nd half but he missed a few wide open WRs too.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only had to say like two lines.

Its the Jags if we lose we have no place playing in the NFL. Lets not embarrass ourselves.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense broke the string and had the first TD in the 2nd Q. Glad Bradford got everybody pumped.

Lol

It was Jax people. And Sam didn't wow anyone. He threw a few good throws in the 2nd half but he missed a few wide open WRs too.
Check me on this, but wasn't it you who stated 'tis better to throw an efficient 200+ yard game with 2-3 TD's, No Int's, in victory rather than throwing 350 yards, 3 TD's & 1 Int all in garbage time in a losing cause or something like that?

So he goes into the game manager mode, compliments the run and we win by double digits.

What's the problem now? It was the Jags? LOL he can only play who's in front of him. Or is it that he is still throwing the ball too hard?

Geez and you call HIM Samantha :bullshit:

Why aren't we hearing about Tavana Austin, Darylia Richardson or Jerita Cook?

After all these men are Professional Football players and they all should be able to hold on to the ball thrown by a guy you've dubbed Samatha. Damn those drops were fired right to the hands in stride. :lol:

I agree with you about the eyes thing and he is not as good as he should be right now or was but he's been there before, he can grow along side of this very, very young team.

Hey isn't it funny how those wide open eyes looks like a deer caught in the headlights on a QB but looks like an insanely crazy smash mouthed defender in the eyes of a LB!

Everett and Singletary come to mind.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's usually quite and reserved?? Yeah he's quietly cashing them million dollar checks at the end of the week with no problem. I'm happy that he fired up the team, but the thing is Bradford knew he was drafted first for a reason, he knew damn well all those millions come with great responsiblity AS A FRANCHISE QB! It is is his job to start a fire with his team..why should your Defensive leader do all the work. He needs to do this shit every week if that's what it takes or like Retro said get the hell out.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Vita I'm the one that thinks and has always thought that Samantha is a little bitch. I don't care what stats Bradford has Vita. He's a wuss. Did you see him beat that Jags team?

Wow

Everyone around him sux. He's so good!

:clap:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game manager mode? Seriously? Lmao

Missing open WRs and not throwing anything but an 8 yard pass is game manager mode?

C'mon man. Please.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The front 7 looked better? Or was that Jax too?

:L

Counselor Chris

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame most of the offenses struggles on the Shurmer-esq play calling to be honest Bradford isn't a bad option to have, hes not great but it could be a lot worse.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 OCs in 4 years. 3 head coaches. Red zone issues every year.

And it's still not the QB. The QB is not the problem. The guy pulling trigger is NOT the issue.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. :lol:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 OCs in 4 years. 3 head coaches. Red zone issues every year.

And it's still not the QB. The QB is not the problem. The guy pulling trigger is NOT the issue.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight. :lol:
Just who is saying our QB doesn't have issues or problems Junkie?

Arch City

Exce11ence in Baseball
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just needs to be a leader because that goes with the QB job or get the hell out-one of the two.

Yeah, it's kind of pathetic that Sam Bradford is new to the role of being a team leader now that he's in his fourth season with the Rams. Yes, I know, the team has a revolving door through which many coaches and coordinators have passed. And it isn't like Bradford ever had a lot of weapons to throw to in the first place either. But I'm still waiting to see leadership qualities from him- and that's just pathetic. One speech after the team gets waxed two weeks in a row and prepares to face a high school team doesn't cut it. Where's the leadership the rest of the time? :noidea:

Like the headline on The Big Lead blog says: "Sam Bradford: Not Quite Bad Enough to Make a Team Give Up on Him...Yet". But he's already collected about $44M and the Rams owe him another $27M between now and 2015. He carries one hell of a price tag, but he certainly doesn't carry a team...