• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brace yourself for a lot of ugly football...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate being right. Holy fuck we are horrible.

I disagree. Obviously the OL is having problems, but the Seahawks are getting back to what the do best on offense, which is running Lynch and then letting RW do his thing. Richardson got his feet wet today and I'm hopefully he'll play a bigger part as time goes on. Need to work on that OL, penalties from this unit is just really bad. I'm think the OL well get better once Unger returns, I'm not at all impressed by the backup. Britt made some mistakes today, with some more snaps he'll get better.....I hope.

Defensively you can see where injuried players are costing the Seahawks. Burley is getting targeted on a regular bases ( big surprise right ). Also you can see the difference on defense with Wagner out and Kam playing hurt. Once we get some starters back, the defense should be fine.

Have some faith guys, the Seahawks will bounce back, but for the next few games expect games like today games, only hopefully the Seahawks pull a W out.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering No Unger and no Miller and then losing Coleman pre game and Harvin during the week I thought the offense was pretty good today. Should only improve once Unger and Miller are back in there.

Defensively I dont know. The pass rush is killing us and guys just dont seem to be flying to the ball like they were last year. Not sure what to expect there.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the big problem today was our defensive pass rush and special teams. I thought Baldwin stepped up like a boss today.

To give the O.P. prpls though, it was some ugly football today.

Last edited by a moderator:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the offensive line play, such as it was, was to be expected. It wasn't a particularly good pass blocking group with the original starters in there, so it makes sense that it would suffer even more with a third string center, third and fourth string tight ends and a rookie right tackle in his sixth NFL start. It didn't help matters that our starting fullback was scratched at the last minute either. It put a few guys in unfamiliar territory and took a toll on both the run and pass blocking in the first half. It was also just a matter of time before that St. Louis defensive line started looking like the defensive line that led the Rams to finish 3rd in the league in sacks last year. They weren't going to be dead last in that category forever.

Defensively, even with the injuries to some key starters, the tackling was poor.

The most disappointing thing about this game, other than the usual lopsided penalty situation, was the special teams coverage. Two long returns allowed, including on an embarrassingly easy fakeout return, and a fake punt conversion allowed sealed it for St. Louis. I haven't seen the special teams look that bad in a while. That needs to be fixed.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP forgot that we have Richardson (2nd round) and Norwood (4th round). They maybe rookies, but I saw them both out there today contributing.

Harvin was supposed to be a god at the slot. He ended up being useless as a deep ball receiver. It's possible the hip may be healed up enough to play, but he was still very fragile and will continue to be for some time. For 12 mil a year, we ended up with a irregular used returner/Screen passer/sweep play guy. He maybe explosive and has nice hands, but where in the hell was the slot god action on anything more than 5 yds from LOS.

We simply need to get back to our bread and butter. Lynch to open up the passing game. And a good mix of short and deep passes. Let RW do his thing.

Just what the doctor ordered.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug Baldwin is similar to Golden Tate in that he would absolutely shine, if he was in a passing friendly scheme.

The guy is a complete stud. He's Bobby Engram with more explosiveness. If we hit on one of Richardson or Norwood, I'm ok with our receivers. Still would like a taller guy though.