• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brace yourself for a lot of ugly football...

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our WR situation is complete trash now. Baldwin, Kearse, Walters, and Lockette. All UNDRAFTED. They have proven they can make plays every now and then but they were not drafted for a reason and it showed on Sunday. Nobody could make contested catches for the life of them. Not to mention Luke Willson has been a big disappointment so far this season and he's taking over for Miller for a while. Also our Oline sucks and Okung is playing through a torn shoulder tendon so he won't be good all season.

Also injuries are starting to hit our D pretty hard. It's obvious our D is nowhere near as good as last years and the offense not keeping them off the field will ultimately only make them worse. I know I sound Pessimistic but I'm just being realistic. Brace yourself for some ugly football folks.

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have to do any stupid gimmick plays anymore to get percy harvin the ball. Our passing game may actually improve because of the trade. How many down the field routes did percy ever run? The sky isn't falling and early injuries will allow our backups valuable playing time. And with our upcoming schedule, it couldn't come at a better time as our next five opponents have a combined record of 9-17-1. Hopefully we can weather the storm and come away with some wins. It'll make us all the more stronger when our starters get healthy and may not even negatively affect our record.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what we still have? Marshawn Lynch and and good running offensive line.

Coincidentally that's also what we got away from recently. Add Russell's read option ability to that and we're right back to being effective.

I agree the D needs to step up, mainly the rushers getting home, but we're going to be fine as long as we get back to power running.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will be good for our offense, no more be play calls. Stick to running and play action.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smash mouth football is not ugly football, it is a thing of beauty

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning ugly games is what this team does best. Take the chicken little noise down the road, this is a good move.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our WR situation is complete trash now. Baldwin, Kearse, Walters, and Lockette. All UNDRAFTED. They have proven they can make plays every now and then but they were not drafted for a reason and it showed on Sunday. Nobody could make contested catches for the life of them. Not to mention Luke Willson has been a big disappointment so far this season and he's taking over for Miller for a while. Also our Oline sucks and Okung is playing through a torn shoulder tendon so he won't be good all season.

Also injuries are starting to hit our D pretty hard. It's obvious our D is nowhere near as good as last years and the offense not keeping them off the field will ultimately only make them worse. I know I sound Pessimistic but I'm just being realistic. Brace yourself for some ugly football folks.

Miller will shore things up a bit... WE need Miller out there... I"m thinking we bring in another receiver at some point... But hey Baldwin is a good receiver and Kearse can hold his own... O-line worries me more than anything ...

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we never trade for a wr again. OL please.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we never trade for a wr again. OL please.

Trades rarely work out regardless of position. Only at a slightly better rate than free agents really.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often do you see ol trades?

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We sure were playing ugly last season with Harvin missing 15 regular season games....... no..... wait a second....

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately, I agree with all of this. Not a pretty picture, but its accurate.

As for the passing game becoming better now that Harvins gone,,,,how? I realize we never used Harvin downfield anyways, but we have seen firsthand that our receivers cannot get open. That's why Wilson is back there doing his 'chicken with his head cut off' routine constantly. Unless something miraculous happens, I see more of the same regarding our passing attack.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We sure were playing ugly last season with Harvin missing 15 regular season games....... no..... wait a second....

The defense, O-line, and the receiving corp was better. Not a fair comparison.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because of the injuries we have we were going to see our two rookie WR's activated likely anyway. Harving gone means there's no doubt about it. Time to see what they have learned. You add speed and size between them.

The injuries are a problem for sure. Simon coming back will help a bit at CB, but they have other issues. Wagner out is big. Kam isn't at full speed. KJ hasn't been right.

Still I fully expect a bounce back game tomorrow and a decent win.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping to see a lot of Richardson tomorrow. Somebody needs to be in there to stretch the field or else the Rams can just load up on the run. Would not be surprised if we see them in a lot of man coverage since none of the WRs can seem to get open.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about the group of receivers we have now. They're underrated and they were underrated last year when all the media kept saying was how mediocre they were without Harvin out there. They're not flashy, but they get the job done. With Harvin gone now, it shouldn't be too hard to reconfigure the gameplan to get rid of the "Percy Package" and replace it with more of what the offense does best.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not scared about the harvin trade. I'm happy

I think our passing game improves bc we can not listen to what a diva like prissy harvin wants to do.
Those quick throws and jet sweeps are gone. We now pass down deep field.

We power the ball down the rams necks and make them like it

We do play actions.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The move should also result in less congestion at and behind the line of scrimmage outside of the tackle box.

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate being right. Holy fuck we are horrible.