• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BP likely for Panda soon; setback for Sanchez

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it.

Yes indeed, Wheeler could very well be like one of those guys. In fact odds are he will be, and not another Bum, Cain, or Timmy.

AND...

Who were the big 3 pitching prospects the Mets had in the early/mid 90s?

Issringhousen, White, Wilson?

Izzy did great, but only after he crashed and burned as a starter. I dont even remember the names of the other two. The Mets have their own troubles bringing up pitching prospects.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND...

Who were the big 3 pitching prospects the Mets had in the early/mid 90s?

Issringhousen, White, Wilson?

Izzy did great, but only after he crashed and burned as a starter. I dont even remember the names of the other two. The Mets have their own troubles bringing up pitching prospects.

Paul Wilson: He pitched in 26 games and posted a 5-12 record with a 5.38 ERA.

Bill Pulsipher: Started off well, then fought injuries. He finished with a career 5.15 ERA and a 13-19 record in 106 games.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would have been heard as "we're giving up on 2011." Not an option in this park, with this fanbase.

I understand your reasoning, but you're completely ignoring a horrific fan reaction to that position. Untenable.

I don't feel as if the fan reaction would be as bad as you think given how much in contention we were around the trade deadline, even with season ending injuries to Posey and Sanchez. Especially considering how well we have drafted and developed players since Barr was brought on, saying that "our future is bright" actually means something.