• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowe signed long term tag Alberts

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant if the Chiefs signed hm to a long-term deal it would be a hell of a lot of money for a non-LT. But like I said, I'm not against the idea. At the very least, playing for a year under the tag is well worth the money.

As far as Alex is concerned, yes it's a huge upgrade. That doesn't mean it's a good move. But making Alex the QB, they're essentially saying, "Getting to an AFC Championship game is the best we're going to possibly do, and that's all we want," Because Alex Smith will NEVER... ever win a SB.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it but I disagree. Alex Smith should have won his SB last season. We did not lose the NFC championship because of Alex, I know some will say "he didn't do enough, blah blah blah" but he did do enough, he put his team in a position to win the game and special teams dropped the ball (literally). My opinion is that is KW doesn't completely lose his mind in that game, then we go on to win the Superbowl.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We should all be pulling for them. A good year likely nets us a 2nd in 2014. That would be nice.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
We should all be pulling for them. A good year likely nets us a 2nd in 2014. That would be nice.

I'm pullin for him! Alex Smith is the perfect guy to get a talented team like the Chiefs to 9 or 10 wins and then lose in the first round of the playoffs.

Extra 2nd round pick in 2014 here we come!

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pullin for him! Alex Smith is the perfect guy to get a talented team like the Chiefs to 9 or 10 wins and then lose in the first round of the playoffs.

Extra 2nd round pick in 2014 here we come!

Why do you say he is the perfect guy for that? Has he had a history of that?

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
LOL. So if you had to choose (no ands ifs or buts about it) whom would you choose between the two to play for your team? If your life depended on it.

Between Vontaze Burfict, Chris Henry, Pacman, Travis Henry, Adrian McPherson, Janoris Jenkins, who was the worse prospect ever you evaluated? (skill set aside, just their mindset and goals in life).

I need to be a bit more like you (not too much just a little)! At times I could be too lenient in giving young kids second chances in life.

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. I forgot how crappy he was

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Why do you say he is the perfect guy for that? Has he had a history of that?

I just think Alex is the kind of QB who's efficient enough to get to the playoffs, but he's not talented enough to WIN in the playoffs (1 game against the Saints notwithstanding). He's like Jeff Garcia IMO.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant if the Chiefs signed hm to a long-term deal it would be a hell of a lot of money for a non-LT. But like I said, I'm not against the idea. At the very least, playing for a year under the tag is well worth the money.

As far as Alex is concerned, yes it's a huge upgrade. That doesn't mean it's a good move. But making Alex the QB, they're essentially saying, "Getting to an AFC Championship game is the best we're going to possibly do, and that's all we want," Because Alex Smith will NEVER... ever win a SB.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it but I disagree. Alex Smith should have won his SB last season. We did not lose the NFC championship because of Alex, I know some will say "he didn't do enough, blah blah blah" but he did do enough, he put his team in a position to win the game and special teams dropped the ball (literally). My opinion is that is KW doesn't completely lose his mind in that game, then we go on to win the Superbowl.

I feel that there are other QBs that play well enough and the stars align, so I would never say never. 2011wS agreat opportunity, but oh we'll. Iam interested in seeing him in a pass first offense witha good RB. I won't say great be ause I don't know Charles well. Iwon'tmake any grand predictions, butIdoseemoreyards, moreTds, moreINTs, lower completion percentage, anda chance at the playoffs and maybe a win in a weak AFC. But that could all not happen, too.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel that there are other QBs that play well enough and the stars align, so I would never say never. 2011 was a great opportunity, but oh well. I am interested in seeing him in a pass first offense with a
good RB. I won't say great be ause I don't know Charles well. I won't make any grand predictions, but I do see more yards, more TDs, more INTs, lower completion percentage, lower YPA, lower rating, and a chance at the playoffs and maybe a win in a weak AFC. But that could all not happen, too.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that there are other QBs that play well enough and the stars align, so I would never say never. 2011wS agreat opportunity, but oh we'll. Iam interested in seeing him in a pass first offense witha good RB. I won't say great be ause I don't know Charles well. Iwon'tmake any grand predictions, butIdoseemoreyards, moreTds, moreINTs, lower completion percentage, anda chance at the playoffs and maybe a win in a weak AFC. But that could all not happen, too.

Charles is an absolute stud, to think that he had such success this past season coming off of a torn ACL. When healthy the dude is a top 5 back.

I certainly think that he will have a lower completion percentage, 70% is absolutely unheard of. He also will likely have a lower QB rating as it is hard to maintain that type of number. I DO however see him improving in the other areas, he has two HUGE receviers that can get open at any time and a very good slot men. I see him having big success in that offense.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Alex is the kind of QB who's efficient enough to get to the playoffs, but he's not talented enough to WIN in the playoffs (1 game against the Saints notwithstanding). He's like Jeff Garcia IMO.

let's be honest here for a minute. Right now all the Chiefs care about is a winning season and possible playoff birth. Alex is there to get that franchise back on course not really win multiple Super Bowls. He will be an interesting player to watch though now that he is away from Harbaugh. He had one of the top QB Ratings in the league the past 2 and half seasons. The division the Chiefs play in is weak enough that they can win it. You figure it should come down to them and the Broncos anyway.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let's be honest here for a minute. Right now all the Chiefs care about is a winning season and possible playoff birth. Alex is there to get that franchise back on course not really win multiple Super Bowls. He will be an interesting player to watch though now that he is away from Harbaugh. He had one of the top QB Ratings in the league the past 2 and half seasons. The division the Chiefs play in is weak enough that they can win it. You figure it should come down to them and the Broncos anyway.

He is away from Harbaugh, but he is getting Reid, not Chud in Cleveland or whoever they have in Jacksonville. Thank goodness he is not stuck with Rex Ryan, because whoever QBs with him, leaves with him, fault or not. He does not fit with Arian's system and the oiine is worse.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know how you come to that conclusion when the only time he's gone to the playoffs, he's won. Should of went to the SB but special teams gave the game away.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how you come to that conclusion when the only time he's gone to the playoffs, he's won. Should of went to the SB but special teams gave the game away.

Maybe he means without our guys. You know me, I won't count him out, but I won't predict he will. I wish he had won in 2011 and Kaep in 2012 and then Alex went on to win whenever we did not... but we are winning the next 16, right?

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he means without our guys. You know me, I won't count him out, but I won't predict he will. I wish he had won in 2011 and Kaep in 2012 and then Alex went on to win whenever we did not... but we are winning the next 16, right?

Lets start with the next one lol. I'm still majorly pissed about the way the past two seasons ended, one by our special teams and one by the refs.

I'm not going to predict that the Chiefs win any championships either, but I can tell you for a certainty that they will be much improved, night an day a better team.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good move by the Chiefs, Bowe has been their rock for a long time and he will end his career there most likely. This gives Alex two HUGE weapons on the outside with Bowe and Baldwin.

As for Culquitt, I don't think he is the best punter in the NFL. He is a very good punter but Andy Lee is better so I don't think he should be the highest paid punter.

I've actually heard that if they draft OLT with the #1 overall pick, this allows Albert to either slide in to LG where he might fit better or over to RT. They have loads of options now.

The Chiefs, Albert and Joeckel
March, 6, 2013 8:05AM ET
By Tom Carpenter | ESPN.com

The Kansas City Chiefs waited until the last second to finally slap their franchise tag on left tackle Branden Albert, but they will have one of the top pass blockers in the game for at least the next season. Football Outsiders Ben Muth believes that while Albert's technique is unconventional, it works.

"I don’t know how to describe his pass blocking technique except to say that it’s never the same thing twice. He’ll get hunched over, on one foot, or sometimes completely turned around. But no matter what his body position looks like he always keeps the rusher away from the quarterback, and at the end of the day that’s what the job is," he wrote.

Time will tell whether the Chiefs and Albert end up working out a long-term contract, but how they choose to use the No. 1 overall pick in the upcoming draft likely will have a huge impact on Albert's future with the club. Here is Football Outsiders' Vince Verhei's take:

Vince Verhei
Best, worst franchise tags of 2013

"The question isn't whether or not the Chiefs should have franchised Albert. The question is, what do they do now? Between Albert and Eric Winston, the Chiefs have an awfully good pair of bookend tackles. However, they also have the first overall pick in next month's draft, and the top overall player on ESPN's board is Texas A&M offensive tackle Luke Joeckel. If the Chiefs agree with that assessment and make Joeckel the draft's first selection, what will they do with him? Sit him for a year, then put him in the lineup in 2014 and let Albert leave in free agency? Put him at left tackle this season and slide Albert to the right? And if you do that, what happens to Winston? Can any of these guys play guard? Will the Chiefs pass on the best player available if he's a poor fit for their squad? Once again, there could be a lot of talented players in Kansas City, but they might not mesh together to make a quality team."

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs, Albert and Joeckel
March, 6, 2013 8:05AM ET
By Tom Carpenter | ESPN.com

The Kansas City Chiefs waited until the last second to finally slap their franchise tag on left tackle Branden Albert, but they will have one of the top pass blockers in the game for at least the next season. Football Outsiders Ben Muth believes that while Albert's technique is unconventional, it works.

"I don’t know how to describe his pass blocking technique except to say that it’s never the same thing twice. He’ll get hunched over, on one foot, or sometimes completely turned around. But no matter what his body position looks like he always keeps the rusher away from the quarterback, and at the end of the day that’s what the job is," he wrote.

Time will tell whether the Chiefs and Albert end up working out a long-term contract, but how they choose to use the No. 1 overall pick in the upcoming draft likely will have a huge impact on Albert's future with the club. Here is Football Outsiders' Vince Verhei's take:

Vince Verhei
Best, worst franchise tags of 2013

"The question isn't whether or not the Chiefs should have franchised Albert. The question is, what do they do now? Between Albert and Eric Winston, the Chiefs have an awfully good pair of bookend tackles. However, they also have the first overall pick in next month's draft, and the top overall player on ESPN's board is Texas A&M offensive tackle Luke Joeckel. If the Chiefs agree with that assessment and make Joeckel the draft's first selection, what will they do with him? Sit him for a year, then put him in the lineup in 2014 and let Albert leave in free agency? Put him at left tackle this season and slide Albert to the right? And if you do that, what happens to Winston? Can any of these guys play guard? Will the Chiefs pass on the best player available if he's a poor fit for their squad? Once again, there could be a lot of talented players in Kansas City, but they might not mesh together to make a quality team."

Both Eric Winston and Albert have played guard. Winston played a lot of guard last season an Albert was a guard in college.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I still think Albert would be a borerline all pro at guard.. I dunno if Oakland wants Joeckel, but if I was KC I would look to move down a couple spots and grab Fisher, who I think will be the better LT between him and Joeckel...

Draft Fisher, move Albert to LG, keep Winston at RT, sign a corner in FA, like a Chris Gamble for a couple years or a one year to prove himself and then they have a much improved team I feel. Hopefully get us another mid round 2nd next year.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I was going to joke that Oakland doesn't want Joekel because that would be a GOOD pick, but since Al Davis is gone, I'll wait & see if the front office is still inept.

So far so not good though. Carson Palmer was traded to 'em shortly after Davis died.