• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bottom Line.. who would you take?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
V-Mike
You seem to always try to find fault in my posts rather than understand what my post is really all about. You missed my point on what I beleive would HELP Sam. Does this make me a hater?? Whether you realize it or not, I am a RAM FAN and I really do want to see him succeed. Otherwise why would I suggest this?

So you were correct about the 65% running the ball, and yes I did forget about Sams rookie of the year success (that was a long time ago)

Please let me rephrase
I would absolutely love to see Sam Bradford lead this team.:rollseyes: I would absolutely love to see Sam to be able to control the tempo of the game by running the ball more.:rollseyes: Run the ball 40 times and only pass 20 times (there, hows that). Bang the rock on 1st down. Wear the defense down! The ONLY way to be able to do this is to win the battle up front.:rollseyes: It seems like all I've watch us do, is get behind by 14 pts early in the game we go into desparartion mode and PASS,PASS,PASS. This will get Sam KILLED is this what you want??????(aka Sam Watkins) We need to win the time of possesion battle. We need to win the battles of front. If we dont, you might as well Stick a Fork in Sam and hope and pray there's a good qb in next years draft.

That is what I would like to happen ......by ZEKE :rollseyes:
Forgive me Zeke, I am not seeking fault in your posts. I think you are actually a very good read and your rhetoric is very persuasive. However there are unrealistic expectations that get put into place and revisionist history which gets set in motion that I feel should be addressed. You know, like running the ball 65 percent of the time to be successful or that it's been 5 years of failure. I've heard the 5 years thing from others before.

Look, I'm with a lot of people here and say despite the reasons, this year it's a make or break for Sam. We are no longer just waiting on the potential at QB it must be realized or we move on.

I just think we all need to be honest with ourselves and have a true base line to mark improvement measures.

So call out his injuries, we get it. Call out his 2011 & 2012 seasons, nobody can can speak of anything other than the challenges but as I've always done when it comes to Sam is to challenge the misinformation and unrealistic expectations because unchecked these things pick up steam.

Sorry Ram fan and I do know your a good one, but with all the negative propaganda spewed on Sam I've kind of taken up the cause to right the wrong, it has nothing to do with you and me.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more Zeke. I don't really hate Bradford.....personally. I'm sure he's a nice guy. Never hear him getting into trouble or anything like that. But again in context, he just stinks on the field. I like Ozark's quote about Sam's performance. "I guess you can put polish on anything"

I was on the fence with Bradford for 4 years. I was rooting for him to succeed as much as the next guy because first and foremost I am a Rams fan. But don't you eventually have to wake up and smell the coffee?

Now looking at it from a purely OBJECTIVE viewpoint, and taking off the rose colored lenses, The only thing Bradford has lived up to is supplying his sympathizers material for a 3 set volume of "Excuses for Every Occasion. Probably a best seller on this board.

Is it possible that Bradford turns it around this season and has a breakout year? Certainly. But is it probable? Judging from his past performances, probably not. And that is just the objective, realistic outlook. If I was betting my house on it, I wouldn't bet with my heart, which is rooting for Bradford to succeed, but I'd bet with my head, which says that he's destined to be an eventual bust after everybody gets to the end of volume 3 of the excuse encyclopedia.
That doesn't surprise me a bit Boss because conversely with enough abrasion you can obscure just about anything and with Sam that has been your modus operandi.

Oh and your purely 'OBJECTIVE' viewpoint made me :laugh3:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't surprise me a bit Boss because conversely with enough abrasion you can obscure just about anything and with Sam that has been your modus operandi.

Oh and your purely 'OBJECTIVE' viewpoint made me :laugh3:

Obscure? Exactly what am I trying to obscure Vita? On the contrary, Sam's performance speaks for itself over his career. If anything, you are one of the sympathizers trying to obscure things by constantly making excuses for him. I'm afraid the majority of the fans are in agreement with me. The only difference is that I'm the most vocal about it. And I don't try to be diplomatic about it either or worry if I'm politically correct. Putting lipstick on a pig doesn't change the fact that a pig is still a pig.

So I guess you're suggesting that I have a personal vendetta against Bradford? Get real would you.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obscure? Exactly what am I trying to obscure Vita? On the contrary, Sam's performance speaks for itself over his career. If anything, you are one of the sympathizers trying to obscure things by constantly making excuses for him. I'm afraid the majority of the fans are in agreement with me. The only difference is that I'm the most vocal about it. And I don't try to be diplomatic about it either or worry if I'm politically correct. Putting lipstick on a pig doesn't change the fact that a pig is still a pig.

So I guess you're suggesting that I have a personal vendetta against Bradford? Get real would you.
Sure, obscure. Your constant demeaning and undignified remarks conceal actual bench mark attributes going into this year.

I'm mean it is what it is....

So here's what's real, just in the last week you said Sam is a

• Scared field mouse
  • Locks onto receivers
  • Would make a great spokesman for Depends
  • Stinks on the field
  • Will be an eventual bust.
All of those things you've posted are not real and are merely slanderous or subjective at best which obscure an overall impression of the man. There are many more that you've spewed over the off season and it's been overly harsh to say the least.

You know we actually see eye to eye on a lot of things Boss however not this one.

I've said before I'm not a huge advocate for Sam just an advocate of truth, so go ahead, tell me the 'excuses' I've made for Sam. In my opinion, I only address the slander to allow for true objectivity. Like you, I want him to either excel or fail so we can have clear direction in 2015. I've have suggested QB's to draft next year even started a thread about it so I too need the excuses to stop and the QB questions settled once and for all. Unlike you, I believe Sam does have the ability to be a league leader however many before him in similar situations have failed and teams just move on. If this is the case, then so be it. We could just come up and find gold in the draft next year and our cap will be all the better for it but until then I will support our QB instead of tear him down at every turn.

Last, who cares what the 'majority' of fans think and I'm not convinced it's even true. Nobody is booing Sam when he goes into games, usually a display of discontent by the majority. The bottom line, Jeff Fisher supports Sam, Les Snead supports Sam and those two are the only two opinions that matter.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:what::drama::attention:Bradford is the Rams QB for 2014. He does have a lot to prove. There will be no more excuses. If he doesn't get it, he won't be with the Rams in 2015.:nod: Draft a QB for the Practice Squad in the draft and we will all wait to see the real Sam Bradford this next season, real deal or real gone:noidea:

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically there has been no slanderous comment on here because slander is spoken and libel is written or printed. I figured since we're poking bears and beating dead horses I'd throw is something negligible but new.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this what a message board is all about. Sometimes I believe this board is wound up tighter than dicks hatband. Its about discussion,debate,and arguments. Without differing opinions whats the point? Does it matter how many times Sam is discussed? Is it any different than the endless droning on about the multiple draft options? I personally enjoy the give and take it allows me to see different angles and points of views. Everything doesn't have to be a fight. But there is nothing wrong with standing up for your opinion. :director:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically there has been no slanderous comment on here because slander is spoken and libel is written or printed. I figured since we're poking bears and beating dead horses I'd throw is something negligible but new.
:lol: Good deal mutigers!

Oh by the way, technically when being a smart ass, it's a good idea to get it right when you throw 'is' something. :lol:

:suds:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this what a message board is all about. Sometimes I believe this board is wound up tighter than dicks hatband. Its about discussion,debate,and arguments. Without differing opinions whats the point? Does it matter how many times Sam is discussed? Is it any different than the endless droning on about the multiple draft options? I personally enjoy the give and take it allows me to see different angles and points of views. Everything doesn't have to be a fight. But there is nothing wrong with standing up for your opinion. :director:
:agree:

STLADAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade with ATL
@6 take Jake Matthews (personally at 6'5 305 I see him more fitting as a guard say left)
@13 Anthony Barr Justin Gilbert or HAHA in that order
@37 (from ATL trade) Ra Shede Hageman take over for Langford... two 6'6 300 plus monsters up the middle just makes me giggle
@44 Cyrus Kouandjio Take a Risk on even though he didn't pass physicals
@75 AJ McCarron or Zach Mettenberger to take over or push Bradford to be better

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, obscure. Your constant demeaning and undignified remarks conceal actual bench mark attributes going into this year.

I'm mean it is what it is....

So here's what's real, just in the last week you said Sam is a

• Scared field mouse
  • Locks onto receivers
  • Would make a great spokesman for Depends
  • Stinks on the field
  • Will be an eventual bust.
All of those things you've posted are not real and are merely slanderous or subjective at best which obscure an overall impression of the man. There are many more that you've spewed over the off season and it's been overly harsh to say the least.

You know we actually see eye to eye on a lot of things Boss however not this one.

I've said before I'm not a huge advocate for Sam just an advocate of truth, so go ahead, tell me the 'excuses' I've made for Sam. In my opinion, I only address the slander to allow for true objectivity. Like you, I want him to either excel or fail so we can have clear direction in 2015. I've have suggested QB's to draft next year even started a thread about it so I too need the excuses to stop and the QB questions settled once and for all. Unlike you, I believe Sam does have the ability to be a league leader however many before him in similar situations have failed and teams just move on. If this is the case, then so be it. We could just come up and find gold in the draft next year and our cap will be all the better for it but until then I will support our QB instead of tear him down at every turn.

Last, who cares what the 'majority' of fans think and I'm not convinced it's even true. Nobody is booing Sam when he goes into games, usually a display of discontent by the majority. The bottom line, Jeff Fisher supports Sam, Les Snead supports Sam and those two are the only two opinions that matter.

Well, excuuuuuuse me if my more imaginative language is not to your mundane politically correct liking Vita.
I have said nothing that anybody else hasn't said at one time or another. I've just said it in more colorful terms.
As far as all the things I've said being slanderous....what world do you live in pray tell? If you don't understand metaphors, sarcasm and cynicism....well Vita thats a you problem, not my problem. Seems nobody else seems to have a problem understanding my style.
OK, let me rephrase my criticism of Bradford for you point for point, removing the color;
Bradford is indecisive on the field...displaying a lack for any real leadership abilities. (Scared field mouse)
Bradford has a lack of field vision and tends to rely on his primary receiver more than he should. (Locks onto receivers)
Bradford has appeared to lose his composure at times when the game is not going the way he would like it to. (Bed wetter)
Bradford has not performed up to the standards that a #1 draft pick with his credentials and salary is expected to. (He stinks!)
There is some concern that Bradford will never realize his full potential and become a prominent NFL QB. (He's a bust, and not the Canton, Ohio type)
OK, is that sanitized enough for you Vita?
Everything I've said is completely accurate about Bradford. If I'm incorrect, then refute what I have claimed about him. I've taken my comments from the body of work that he has produced since he's been in the league. Never even a sniff of a Pro Bowl, and some years the league was scrapping the bottom of the barrel....just not that far down to scrape up Bradford.
Let me ask you something Vita. Do you remember a QB by the name of Archie Manning? He seemed to constantly be surrounded with some of the worst teams in the NFL, yet was still recognized as one of the better QBs in the league. Hmm, wonder why that isn't the case for wennie boy if he's all that you think he is.
And the consensus is not necessarily the fans that I'm talking about. Read some comments from anonymous sources around the league. The only one willing to put his name to those comments is Jaworski because it's his job. Nonetheless that doesn't mean they aren't valid. And you already know nobody else will risk their position and put their name to these comments so don't even go there)
And as far as opinions are concerned, you're right Fisher's and Snead's take priority over mine.....oh, and yours as well.
If you don't like my comments Vita, here's a suggestion.....simply don't read them. Or you can always put me on ignore....problem solved.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta admit BOSS429Mustang, anyone in their right state of mind that puts you on "ignore", must have a serious problem. Reading your post's every day puts a smile on my face whether we agree or not I really enjoy your humor....especially the Bradford stuff.

:thrasher::violin::drum::lalala::headbanger:

Last edited by a moderator:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke. I am going out on a limb here. And BOSS can correct me if I am wrong. But I'm pretty sure he (BOSS) is not kidding. In my experience BOSS says what he means and means what he says. Although some things maybe thrown in for effect. As I say I maybe all wet on this one and am not trying to put words in anyones mouth.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate the sentiments Zeke. And Ozark you are correct. I've never been one to try to say what people want to hear. I admit to being highly critical at times, but I'm just as critical of myself with the same style as well....some like it, some don't, and some don't understand it.

As far as people disagreeing with me, I have no problem with that. After all that's what makes these boards go 'round is it not? If we all had the same opinion it'd get pretty boring.

But I will stand up for my opinion and be willing to back it up. Never have been one to avoid a "throw-down" if it comes to that.

Bradford? Yeah, it's beating a dead horse at this point, but isn't everything we discuss on these boards right now until there is something else worth talking about. And in no uncertain terms I think Bradford is a BUM! (Baby Underpants Man) Oops, boy I hope I don't get sued for slander.