• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bottom Line.. who would you take?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line who do I think Fisher/Snead take...
Agreed, which is why its important to note that the Tavon Austin pick and the Brian Quick picks. The Rams have already allocated a lot of resources into young wide receivers and wide receivers are still secondary players

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would seem to follow that #13 would be 1) FS (Dix/Pryor) 2) CB (Dennard/Verrett/Gilbert)
I wondering if we don't take a hard look at FS Dion Bailey out of USC. It would reunite him with TJ Mc Donald and we probably get him in the 3rd or 4th.... Dude is fast and decent sized who can hit. Imagine those two in the back field together once again...

Agreed, which is why its important to note that the Tavon Austin pick and the Brian Quick picks. The Rams have already allocated a lot of resources into young wide receivers and wide receivers are still secondary players
I've just got a feeling about this Clayton, that is, if we indeed stay at the No. 2 spot. It would put to rest the Bradford question marks which they need to iron out by mid season to offer a possible extension or not. Again with the maturity of our young WR corp, and a true No. 1 would really put our Division on notice for years to come should Sam work out in the long run.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wondering if we don't take a hard look at FS Dion Bailey out of USC. It would reunite him with TJ Mc Donald and we probably get him in the 3rd or 4th.... Dude is fast and decent sized who can hit. Imagine those two in the back field together once again...

I've just got a feeling about this Clayton, that is, if we indeed stay at the No. 2 spot. It would put to rest the Bradford question marks which they need to iron out by mid season to offer a possible extension or not. Again with the maturity of our young WR corp, and a true No. 1 would really put our Division on notice for years to come should Sam work out in the long run.

I don't think Fisher or Snead have any doubts about Bradford's ability like some of you. They have said he is the QB many times. I would be shocked if Watkins is picked #2

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Rams could easily draft 2 safeties this year, plus at least one corner.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bradford doesn't work out, there is a good chance Fisher and Snead dont have jobs. Or at least one of them. We'll be hearing about the RG3 trade for the next decade if we fail to have at least a decent QB

I also think we are going to draft at least 3 secondary players

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bradford doesn't work out, there is a good chance Fisher and Snead dont have jobs. Or at least one of them. We'll be hearing about the RG3 trade for the next decade if we fail to have at least a decent QB

RG3 has just as much to prove this year too.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Fisher or Snead have any doubts about Bradford's ability like some of you. They have said he is the QB many times. I would be shocked if Watkins is picked #2
Well some of the Sam haters on this board can certainly tell you that I am far from that group of 'some of you' :lol:
Let's be honest though, even if the Rams are willing to extend Sam's contract right now to lower his cap hit, due to his injury it would be at a much cheaper rate than if he plays his way to a much better deal by year end. So it's a wait and see because there is no way the Rams should sign him to a huge deal at this point and that's the only way it would happen for Sam. Sam was having a career year prior to the injury and that was without a focus on the running game and the defense giving up huge leads early in games at the start of the season.

In otherwords cougar, this isn't about Fisher or Snead's doubts however more about a business decision based on health and performance. If they chose to not extend Sam's contract and seek to sign him to a lessor deal than Sam may chose to walk, much like SJax two years ago.

I doubt it. Fisher and Snead inherited Sam's deal. Not much they could do with it, except defer by restructure. It's not like he was Sanchez or something. Football people know that Sam was not the problem when these two took over the reigns.

As far as the RG3 trade, we won that long ago, probably the moment we had an agreement. The big dice were thrown by the Skins. The Rams, with a No. 1 overall QB in their stable, were in a no lose situation. The true value was all the Rams. Just look at the high end of that pick so far...

• 29 Game Starter Michael Brockers
  • 31 Game Starter Janoris Jenkins
  • 16 Game Starter Alec Olgetree
  • 2014 No. 2 Pick Overall!
And that's just the starters and this year pick...

What did the Redskins get...

• 20 Game Starter RGIII
RG3 has just as much to prove this year too.
More! When you consider he got a HOF HC fired IMO and now a rookie HC in Jay Gruden you better believe it.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not that I disagree, however for me with such a deep draft my question is where do we draft the first secondary player?

Sure we may get three, especially with all those compensatory picks....

I'm thinking our first secondary pick is Dixon in round 3 or 4. The round of course will depend on how the FS like Dix, Pryor, Brooks and Reynolds go before him in they all do go in some order before him.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well some of the Sam haters on this board can certainly tell you that I am far from that group of 'some of you' :lol:
Let's be honest though, even if the Rams are willing to extend Sam's contract right now to lower his cap hit, due to his injury it would be at a much cheaper rate than if he plays his way to a much better deal by year end. So it's a wait and see because there is no way the Rams should sign him to a huge deal at this point and that's the only way it would happen for Sam. Sam was having a career year prior to the injury and that was without a focus on the running game and the defense giving up huge leads early in games at the start of the season.

In otherwords cougar, this isn't about Fisher or Snead's doubts however more about a business decision based on health and performance. If they chose to not extend Sam's contract and seek to sign him to a lessor deal than Sam may chose to walk, much like SJax two years ago.

I doubt it. Fisher and Snead inherited Sam's deal. Not much they could do with it, except defer by restructure. It's not like he was Sanchez or something. Football people know that Sam was not the problem when these two took over the reigns.

As far as the RG3 trade, we won that long ago, probably the moment we had an agreement. The big dice were thrown by the Skins. The Rams, with a No. 1 overall QB in their stable, were in a no lose situation. The true value was all the Rams. Just look at the high end of that pick so far...

• 29 Game Starter Michael Brockers
  • 31 Game Starter Janoris Jenkins
  • 16 Game Starter Alec Olgetree
  • 2014 No. 2 Pick Overall!
And that's just the starters and this year pick...

What did the Redskins get...

• 20 Game Starter RGIII
More! When you consider he got a HOF HC fired IMO and now a rookie HC in Jay Gruden you better believe it.

Nobody hates Sam Bradford.
Everyone here wants just wants to see him lead this team. But at some point you got to ask yourself, how much of this are we going to stand? Sure, he is highly criticized and he should be because he was a #1 overall pick that is the highest paid draftee EVER! When this occurs people expect big things out of him. How long has he been on this team now? And we are paying him how much this year?? What has he done as a leader on this team? If he continues to fail after paying these MONSTER contracts, I would dare say its time for a change. This is what get coaches fired!

V Mike
I have been saying all along the only thing that will resurrect Sam Bradford's career is a successful power run game. I will continue to say this until I am blue :nod: in the face. If we can somehow develop a successful power run game where Sam hands off the ball 65% of the time and we are able to move the chains against great defenses, IMO, Sam will gain confidence and this will open up the pass. Heck if this works, we just might re-sign him to another long term deal at a reasonable price. Bringing in Sammy Watkins IMO will not help the run game at this point it will just make him sit in the pocket and eventually get him killed. Then we will have to start all over with a new qb. Sam needs to hand the ball off!!

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree Zeke nobody hates Sam. Except BOSS he may hate Sam. :lol: For me and I think many its frustration and what have we gotten for time invested,money etc.. We are finally putting the pieces together coaching staff, players. Building a contender or trying. And what is still our biggest question mark? The QB. Thats not good. I know the comment was made ,Sam was having a career year before he went down. But what does that really mean? If I have been fair to middlen to this point am I now mediocre? And its not so much if Sam is a bust in my mind its that we are not prepared ,like last season if he goes down or fails.

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said it before, I'll say it again. Drafting a WR at #2 is like feeding caviar to a pig. As long as Bradford, and neanderthal man Shottenheimer are there, we could have Walter Payton, Jerry Rice and Joe Montana, on the roster, and Shottenheimer would manage to consistently score in the high.......10s every game.

:agree::agree::agree::agree:

Schotty sucks.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree that this is a make or break year for Bradford. However, whoever intimated that his possible failure might cost Fisher or Snead their jobs is looney. Those guys inherited Bradford. Now the guy I think is on the hotseat is Shotty. Win or lose, if the team fails to average close to 20 points per game, he is done.
I feel that unless Bradford has a Matt Schaub like collapse in 2014, they will extend him but at rate much closer to what say Cam Newton makes right now in his rookie deal. I think 10-12 million AAV would be fine and would give the Rams room to takes more steps toward consistent playoff challenging every season.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Fisher isnt going anywhere unless he wants to make a move. He would literally have to lose every game for the next two seasons for it to even be considered.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the chance boss would assassinate Bradford

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree that this is a make or break year for Bradford. However, whoever intimated that his possible failure might cost Fisher or Snead their jobs is looney. Those guys inherited Bradford. Now the guy I think is on the hotseat is Shotty. Win or lose, if the team fails to average close to 20 points per game, he is done.
I feel that unless Bradford has a Matt Schaub like collapse in 2014, they will extend him but at rate much closer to what say Cam Newton makes right now in his rookie deal. I think 10-12 million AAV would be fine and would give the Rams room to takes more steps toward consistent playoff challenging every season.

you are probably right ksu... Snead and Fisher aren't dumb enough to watch Sam fail fro 2 more years. I'm sure you are well aware of his $17,610,000 hit we are taking this year as well as his $16,580,000 in 2015. IMO..if he chokes/fails miserably this year, he is as good as gone at the end of 2014. If he chokes and we don't cut him and he chokes again in 2015, I would dare say Snead would be on the hot seat. 5 years straight of failure is enough already. If they are dumb enough to watch 6 years of failure then he should be fired. This is Sam's last chance.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody hates Sam Bradford.
Everyone here wants just wants to see him lead this team. But at some point you got to ask yourself, how much of this are we going to stand? Sure, he is highly criticized and he should be because he was a #1 overall pick that is the highest paid draftee EVER! When this occurs people expect big things out of him. How long has he been on this team now? And we are paying him how much this year?? What has he done as a leader on this team? If he continues to fail after paying these MONSTER contracts, I would dare say its time for a change. This is what get coaches fired!

V Mike
I have been saying all along the only thing that will resurrect Sam Bradford's career is a successful power run game. I will continue to say this until I am blue :nod: in the face. If we can somehow develop a successful power run game where Sam hands off the ball 65% of the time and we are able to move the chains against great defenses, IMO, Sam will gain confidence and this will open up the pass. Heck if this works, we just might re-sign him to another long term deal at a reasonable price. Bringing in Sammy Watkins IMO will not help the run game at this point it will just make him sit in the pocket and eventually get him killed. Then we will have to start all over with a new qb. Sam needs to hand the ball off!!
Zeke, first of all, the 'hater' tag merely is a reference for those who call out others who support Bradford as 'lovers' and nothing more.

Next, nobody in the NFL these days runs the ball that much, even more so against great defenses. The Seahawks were tops in the league last year and in 16 games ran it nearly 55% of the time. The Rams were still in the top 10 in Rushing attempts however were still under 46 percent. I have read that Fisher wants neither to dominate and be as near to 50 percent as they can manage however game situations always influence these things.

Besides, I don't think Sam lacks confidence, again he was having a career year and even though he played a majority of games from behind last year in a one dimensional aspect he still had a great TD to INT ratio. Imagine what he might do with a true no. 1 WR like Sammy Watkins in those 50 percent pass run games!

I also mentioned getting a guy like Matthews or Robinson with our second pick with a possible trade up or Lewan at No. 13, that will help the run when you add one of those guys to Long, Wells & Saffold so much so we would be looking at a 1000+ yard rusher in Zac Stacy.

:agree::agree::agree::agree:

Schotty sucks.
Although I am not always pleased with Schottzie, I think he does a very good with half time adjustments. I look forward to seeing what he will do with a solid philosophy of 50/50 run pass this year, especially if we pick up Watkins and one of those OT's. Having a guy who can truly stretch the field will open our run game up. Sammy could be responsible at resurrecting Pead's career. LOL

you are probably right ksu... Snead and Fisher aren't dumb enough to watch Sam fail fro 2 more years. I'm sure you are well aware of his $17,610,000 hit we are taking this year as well as his $16,580,000 in 2015. IMO..if he chokes/fails miserably this year, he is as good as gone at the end of 2014. If he chokes and we don't cut him and he chokes again in 2015, I would dare say Snead would be on the hot seat. 5 years straight of failure is enough already. If they are dumb enough to watch 6 years of failure then he should be fired. This is Sam's last chance.
Somehow a Rookie of the Year season is relegated to failure :gaah:and a year where Sam in six-plus games prior to his injury, threw 14 touchdowns to just four interceptions, with a 60.7 completion percentage and 90.9 QB rating. That final number was the 11th-best in the league last season, just behind San Francisco’s Colin Kaepernick and ahead of Cam Newton, Tom Brady, Andrew Luck and others.

You see, where some of you haters may think that it's 5 years of failure, it's really not. So let's keep reality in play here.

Last edited by a moderator:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm. Seems like failure. I guess polish can be put on anything. Still seems like failure at least too this point.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke, first of all, the 'hater' tag merely is a reference for those who call out others who support Bradford as 'lovers' and nothing more.

Next, nobody in the NFL these days runs the ball that much, even more so against great defenses. The Seahawks were tops in the league last year and in 16 games ran it nearly 55% of the time. The Rams were still in the top 10 in Rushing attempts however were still under 46 percent. I have read that Fisher wants neither to dominate and be as near to 50 percent as they can manage however game situations always influence these things.

Besides, I don't think Sam lacks confidence, again he was having a career year and even though he played a majority of games from behind last year in a one dimensional aspect he still had a great TD to INT ratio. Imagine what he might do with a true no. 1 WR like Sammy Watkins in those 50 percent pass run games!

I also mentioned getting a guy like Matthews or Robinson with our second pick with a possible trade up or Lewan at No. 13, that will help the run when you add one of those guys to Long, Wells & Saffold so much so we would be looking at a 1000+ yard rusher in Zac Stacy.

Although I am not always pleased with Schottzie, I think he does a very good with half time adjustments. I look forward to seeing what he will do with a solid philosophy of 50/50 run pass this year, especially if we pick up Watkins and one of those OT's. Having a guy who can truly stretch the field will open our run game up. Sammy could be responsible at resurrecting Pead's career. LOL

Somehow a Rookie of the Year season is relegated to failure :gaah:and a year where Sam in six-plus games prior to his injury, threw 14 touchdowns to just four interceptions, with a 60.7 completion percentage and 90.9 QB rating. That final number was the 11th-best in the league last season, just behind San Francisco’s Colin Kaepernick and ahead of Cam Newton, Tom Brady, Andrew Luck and others.

You see, where some of you haters may think that it's 5 years of failure, it's really not. So let's keep reality in play here.

V-Mike
You seem to always try to find fault in my posts rather than understand what my post is really all about. You missed my point on what I beleive would HELP Sam. Does this make me a hater?? Whether you realize it or not, I am a RAM FAN and I really do want to see him succeed. Otherwise why would I suggest this?

So you were correct about the 65% running the ball, and yes I did forget about Sams rookie of the year success (that was a long time ago)

Please let me rephrase
I would absolutely love to see Sam Bradford lead this team.:rollseyes: I would absolutely love to see Sam to be able to control the tempo of the game by running the ball more.:rollseyes: Run the ball 40 times and only pass 20 times (there, hows that). Bang the rock on 1st down. Wear the defense down! The ONLY way to be able to do this is to win the battle up front.:rollseyes: It seems like all I've watch us do, is get behind by 14 pts early in the game we go into desparartion mode and PASS,PASS,PASS. This will get Sam KILLED is this what you want??????(aka Sam Watkins) We need to win the time of possesion battle. We need to win the battles of front. If we dont, you might as well Stick a Fork in Sam and hope and pray there's a good qb in next years draft.

That is what I would like to happen ......by ZEKE :rollseyes:

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
V-Mike
You seem to always try to find fault in my posts rather than understand what my post is really all about. You missed my point on what I beleive would HELP Sam. Does this make me a hater?? Whether you realize it or not, I am a RAM FAN and I really do want to see him succeed. Otherwise why would I suggest this?

So you were correct about the 65% running the ball, and yes I did forget about Sams rookie of the year success (that was a long time ago)

Please let me rephrase
I would absolutely love to see Sam Bradford lead this team.:rollseyes: I would absolutely love to see Sam to be able to control the tempo of the game by running the ball more.:rollseyes: Run the ball 40 times and only pass 20 times (there, hows that). Bang the rock on 1st down. Wear the defense down! The ONLY way to be able to do this is to win the battle up front.:rollseyes: It seems like all I've watch us do, is get behind by 14 pts early in the game we go into desparartion mode and PASS,PASS,PASS. This will get Sam KILLED is this what you want??????(aka Sam Watkins) We need to win the time of possesion battle. We need to win the battles of front. If we dont, you might as well Stick a Fork in Sam and hope and pray there's a good qb in next years draft.

That is what I would like to happen ......by ZEKE :rollseyes:

Couldn't agree more Zeke. I don't really hate Bradford.....personally. I'm sure he's a nice guy. Never hear him getting into trouble or anything like that. But again in context, he just stinks on the field. I like Ozark's quote about Sam's performance. "I guess you can put polish on anything"

I was on the fence with Bradford for 4 years. I was rooting for him to succeed as much as the next guy because first and foremost I am a Rams fan. But don't you eventually have to wake up and smell the coffee?

Now looking at it from a purely OBJECTIVE viewpoint, and taking off the rose colored lenses, The only thing Bradford has lived up to is supplying his sympathizers material for a 3 set volume of "Excuses for Every Occasion. Probably a best seller on this board.

Is it possible that Bradford turns it around this season and has a breakout year? Certainly. But is it probable? Judging from his past performances, probably not. And that is just the objective, realistic outlook. If I was betting my house on it, I wouldn't bet with my heart, which is rooting for Bradford to succeed, but I'd bet with my head, which says that he's destined to be an eventual bust after everybody gets to the end of volume 3 of the excuse encyclopedia.