• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boston: "Oh no, we suck again!"

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So since the Angels managed to turn around their season last year (they still missed the playoffs), means that it's a guarantee that this year's Blue Jays will do the same?

I don't see the logic that would lead you to this conclusion

the logic in my conclusion is that the division is still winnable. especially with no dominant team in it at this very moment. his theory was that teams don't come back and make runs of .600 ball i just proved it does and can happen. the blue jays have the talent to do it just the same

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the logic in my conclusion is that the division is still winnable. especially with no dominant team in it at this very moment. his theory was that teams don't come back and make runs of .600 ball i just proved it does and can happen. the blue jays have the talent to do it just the same

The logic in your conclusion is because the Angels last year were able to finish in 3rd place, therefore the division is winnable?

Like I said, I don't see how anyone can read HW's posts and not think affirmative action has been a colossal failure

Kate Upton

Hotter than Kate Upton
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a do the running man after shopping at Merry-Go-Round tune.

Fucking blows.

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last years angels. thank you very much for playing. yes, i will go on thinking my team will turn things around.

You mean the team that called up ROY, had a strong pitching staff and Albert Puljos

AND

Missed the Fucking Playoffs!!!!

"Ha fuckers if the Angels can do it, so can my Jays....wait, what?!? they didn't win shit?!"

"If the Jays even make a run, I will be a genius! Thats' all I predicted in March, April and May...just a run, never said they WILL make the playoffs and win the division" - Heat Gammons

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corban Joseph just figured out about the honor and tradition that goes with pinstripes (and by extension, the gray pinstripe-less road uniforms)

heatwave31

i'll have the last laugh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got a Mike Trout-caliber player coming soon, huh?

nope.. we don't. but we do have a reyes coming back and we do have players that can hit and run and hit for power. and we do have a shut down closer...

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok lets say the Jays play .600 for the rest of the season.

That means they go 74-49 you add that to their current record of 15-24 and you have 89-73.

Does anybody believe that 89 wins will win the division?

Village Plumber

Consider it circumcised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Ha fuckers if the Angels can do it, so can my Jays....wait, what?!? they didn't win shit?!"

It's not even like they were close

They finished 4 games out of a wild card, 5 games out of the division, 3rd place in the AL West

And that's the example HW wants to go with about how the division is still winnable

"the Jays won't win the division because VP says so"

PeteNYC

Smart!Rich!Good Looking!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope.. we don't. but we do have a reyes coming back and we do have players that can hit and run and hit for power. and we do have a shut down closer...

FACE PALM!!

Guys need to get on base in order to hit and run. Guys need to not swing and miss 28% of the time to hit and run. Guys need to stay healthy in order to hit and run. Team needs to have a lead in order for your shut down closer.

Speaking of which - isn't he playing over his head and is bound to normalize with a bunch of blown saves? Or is he gonna be perfect all season?

Jays only normalize good
Yankees only normalize bad

Got it!