• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boone expected to compete for RG

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boone expected to get chance to compete at guard

I was kind of hoping that he'd continue to push Anthony Davis and Joe Staley for the starting job, but I also get the concept of trying to get the 5 best O-Linemen in the starting lineup.

Completely hypothetically, if Boone wins the RG job... do you think he stays as the first backup for LT or RT in case of injury and then say Kilgore fills in at RG until Staley or Davis are healthy again... or do you think the 49ers bring in another guy to be the backup at tackle?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis at RG and Boone at RT. That would be unexpected.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis at RG and Boone at RT. That would be unexpected.

that is what i wanna see. boone seems to be a bit more nimble than davis so i'd rather slide davis inside but boone should work.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lecharles bentley agrees with me. hopefully the coaching staff keeps an open mind to moving davis inside.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate to say it I agree with Iguana. I'd like to see Davis slide to RG and Boone on the outside. Though I really liked what I saw at RG from Kilgore in preseason last year.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate to say it I agree with Iguana. I'd like to see Davis slide to RG and Boone on the outside. Though I really liked what I saw at RG from Kilgore in preseason last year.

+1

But too bad the preseason is such a crapshoot in evaluating potential. I remember watching a rookie Clinton Portis tear up SF in the preseason and thinking he would be a star with Denver. On the other hand I remember countless times thinking someone was a savior in the waiting only to find out there were actually Cody Pickett.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was kind of hoping that he'd continue to push Anthony Davis and Joe Staley for the starting job, but I also get the concept of trying to get the 5 best O-Linemen in the starting lineup.

Completely hypothetically, if Boone wins the RG job... do you think he stays as the first backup for LT or RT in case of injury and then say Kilgore fills in at RG until Staley or Davis are healthy again... or do you think the 49ers bring in another guy to be the backup at tackle?

I like the idea of him moving to Guard. He's too slow and top heavy to play Tackle very well out in space. They need someone at Guard now anyway since Snyder left and Rachal looks like he's just not going to develop..

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

agree with Boone concentrating on his job at OT. whether its LT or RT, we want a quality OT even if he one day replaces Staley or Davis. then Staley or Davis becomes the swing OT.

if Bentley feels Boone is a good OT in the making, with the physical make up of an OT, keep him at OT. every year we read about college OT's making good NFL OG's, but you never read of college OG's projecting NFL OT's. it IS harder to find quality NFL OT's.

Last edited by a moderator: