• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bolles signs 4 year deal

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like $68 million over 4 years. Seems a bit high. $17 million per year for a guy that has played 1 good season. I hope it works out, but I would have liked to see that be a little more team favorable.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Job Elway

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good idea to strike now and get it done. Congrats to Bolles for working his way to be the player he is.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly love this deal for both sides. I need to see the guarantees before completely being on board with the deal but for the most part after seeing top tier tackles get deals in the $20+million range I think this is a fair deal. In a year or two this will look like a bargain even if he slips a little in play. I don't think this season is a fluke though as he does seem to have finally gotten it that technique matters. His last interview was one of the best I have ever heard from a player.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great deal for us. Like Carl said, it depends on how it is set up but to get this done before he hits free agency with other key free agents is big for us. I think Bolles really wants to be part of this team, and Bolles has always seemed very dedicated to us for believing in him on draft night. I am glad to see this work out, and hopefully he continues to play like this. That is the obvious concern, but the way he has played you have to do this. You have a LT playing well you have to wrap him up. This is a mega important position to lock down.

Kudos for Bolls for not pouting about his option not being picked up, and proving to Denver he deserved to sign long term and staying loyal to be willing to return before hitting free agency. He was smart enough to understand why Denver didn't pick his option up and open minded enough to stick around.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great deal for us. Like Carl said, it depends on how it is set up but to get this done before he hits free agency with other key free agents is big for us. I think Bolles really wants to be part of this team, and Bolles has always seemed very dedicated to us for believing in him on draft night. I am glad to see this work out, and hopefully he continues to play like this. That is the obvious concern, but the way he has played you have to do this. You have a LT playing well you have to wrap him up. This is a mega important position to lock down.

Kudos for Bolls for not pouting about his option not being picked up, and proving to Denver he deserved to sign long term and staying loyal to be willing to return before hitting free agency. He was smart enough to understand why Denver didn't pick his option up and open minded enough to stick around.

His growth in maturity has really impressed me. Came in as a player struggling to control his emotions and teams seemed to take advantage of that on a regular basis. I still like that he has a bit of that fire but has learned how to channel it into whooping up on the opponent and becoming one of the best tackles in the game. Who would have thought we would be saying that? And yes good for him understanding the business side of things and not taking it personally. So many of these players when they feel slighted even a little just lose it.

Also like you said the underrated part of all this is how it opens up the rest of FA for the Broncos. They can now dangle the tag towards Simmons once again if he doesn't get the long-term deal done keeping another All-Pro talent in the building for another season and also gives the Broncos some idea of how they are doing cap wise compared to having so many big named players needing to get signed.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how Bolles always has his teammates backs. You’re spot on about his emtions. He has learned how to be a professional this season. He is still the encorcer of the team but has controlled the way he deals with his emotions much better. He is a great teammate. You could tell from day 1 how much he cares about the people around him.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be Bolles - sir.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think how stupid the Broncos would look if they allowed Bolles to leave as a FA at high value after having stuck through the last 4 years. This was a no brainer. Good for Bolles and good for the Broncos.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think anyone could have blamed us for not picking up Bolles option at the time though.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think anyone could have blamed us for not picking up Bolles option at the time though.
I don't blame that for that - it was a rational move.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think how stupid the Broncos would look if they allowed Bolles to leave as a FA at high value after having stuck through the last 4 years. This was a no brainer. Good for Bolles and good for the Broncos.
Simple economics
Buy vs build.
It’s better to spend the money now then to gamble
Again and develop someone else.

Thomas in NYG is having issues adjusting

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just too bad that he can't play QB as well as he plays tackle.

Patriots got hit with a $350,000 fine yesterday for Cam Newton catching Covid back in October. Is that going to be the standard? $350K per player?
Three QBs on Denver would be $1.05M? 7 players and 3 staff on the Ravens would be $3.5M? Another stupid NFL move. Like the teams aren't trying to avoid the disease.

Santa Clara County just shut down all football games and ractice for three weeks. 49ers and the NFL are scrambling . Now LA is considering the same and the Chargers and Rams will be affected.

Stupid PC moves to make the powers that be look like their doing something positive. How would the feel if the teams decided that they'd had enough of california Dreamin'?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas in NYG is having issues adjusting
As you remember, I was never high on Andrew Thomas coming out. He was my #1 on the list of potential Bronco targets prior to the draft that I did not want to draft. Giants took him way too high. He is limited athletically. Doesn't mean he won't turn out, but I never cared for him as an early pick. I was also not on the Isaiah Simmons bandwagon who started off slow but is coming around now.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always felt since day 1 of drafting Bolles he has been invested in Denver like we were to him, by drafting him. The quote from him today proves that.

"They drafted me and they took a chance on me when they didn't have to"

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not here but did post back in aug that Denver would offer Bolles an extension half way through the seaSon

LT don’t hit the FA market normally so if you have a good one keep him

top 4 LT is a good deal for both sides

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolles looks night and day compared to last year, I’m leery when a player makes those kind of strides in a contract year, but I hope this Bolles is here to stay