• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G24 16-4-3 Kings @ Fish Sticks 12/9/23

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be in Newport Beach for a harbor tour with the kids at 2pm but hoping to be home in time for the game at 430pm.

Isles have been pretty good recently, 6-1-3 (.750) in their last 10 and of course the Kings 11-0-0 on the road and 8-2-0 in their last 10 (.800). Should be a good game, Talbot to start for LA and Sorokin to start for NY.

Checked out the NY lineup and Clutterbuck is on the 4RW, he's always looking to deliver some big hits so the Kings will need to keep their heads up and stay alert. Kings aren't making any line changes from Thursday and the Montreal game so expect Englund in the lineup and keeping him honest. Matt Martin can throw too but appears to be a healthy scratch tonight. I can't remember who it was but there is a YT video of Martin with pretty good zingers from the bench on someone, funny stuff. He was a solid fourth liner at one time with some decent offensive skills. As always have to watch out for Barzal, great size and can make things happen.

Kings going for 12, I don't care if they get it or not now that they own the record but would be nice. It's the first of a B2B, facing the Rangers and most likely Quick tomorrow which will be fitting since Copley will start tomorrow - the dude who replaced Quick roughly a year ago. Ah tye games within the games, Talbot was penciled in for this one no question.

Prediction: Kings win 3-1, Kempe, Fiala and PLD with the goals.

Let's Go Kings!

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok how do you guys stream again? A firestick or something?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just messaged you, Stunner sent me something un a DM. I have DTV so it's on BSW but I believe you can stream off the Bally app as well.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tight game, Isles playing tough but so are the Kings.

Englund answering the bell for leveling Barzal, good tilt with Mayfield. Hopefully they score here on the PP.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On cue, as I hit the post button Kempe scored. Called that one, Fiala has been hot and has had some chances, PLD very noticeable in this game. Hopefully they can cash in.

Spence is a shooting machine, plus his shots seem to find their way to the goalie, reminds me a lot of Burns and how so many of his shots have eyes and hit the net with a traffic all around. Should pay off for him soon enough, his emergence has allowed the Kings to be patient with Clarke in the AHL and he's cheap too. And speaking of, I read Turcotte took a high head hit yet AGAIN today in the Reign game and didn't return to the game. Hope it isn't bad, dude just cannot stay healthy at any level he's played at. I don't know hit him but read it was an elbow to the face.

Good defensive effort so far, clean road game. Talbot looking good, Islanders seem to be getting frustrated. I don't know why they challenged Gavrikov's goal, even at live speed Moore never interfered with Sorokin, that was clear as day. Isles lucky that PP didn't burn them for a third goal, they're definitely still in this game.

All in a typical road show for LA, 20 minutes to go. Keep the pressure on, get another goal and lock it down.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anders Lee, what a shitbag kneeing Gavrikov sending him out of the game, then slew footing Arty Retardy and adding insult to injury gets them on the board - he shouldnt have even been in the game after the knee on knee. I hope someone decleats Barzal or Horvat hard. Refs totally blew both those non calls, either one was at least a minor if not a major.

Hope those are both reviewed by the league too, total bush league.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...that didn't go as planned, good fight back by NY. Talbot looked a little shaky in the third, haven't seen him that scrambly this season so far. Annoyed Lee got both goals.

OT coming, PLD us due.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kempe missing wide set that whole sequence in motion, puck wrung around, Doughty couldn't seal it off, game over.

Kings get a point but they had that in the bag. I'll have to look but I think that's the first game this season they've entered the third with a lead and lost.

Overall I thought Spence, PLD, Fiala, Kempe, Laferriere had great games. Only one got on the board but all 5 had chances. Can't really complain, they weren't going to win them all and fatigue may also be an issue, tomorrow will be 4 games in 6 nights.

Short jaunt tomorrow to MSG and Shesterkin lost 4-0 tonight to the Caps so it will be Quick against his former team. That's going to be really weird to see - our Knotts passes are expiring on 12/31 so we will be there all day but should be back in time to catch most of the game.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure hope the Kings ask the League to review that game, especially Anders Lee's play. One thing to miss the knee on knee because it wasn't until you saw on the replay how Lee stuck his leg out. But the slew foot on Kaliyev was as blatant as can be. I've noticed slew-footing is becoming more frequent in the game, and the league needs to clean that up.