• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boldin and "The Process"

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We Lions fans are no stranger to "the Process" when making a catch. Boldin just caught a pass and replay shows the ball moved as it hit the ground. Hence, he didn't complete the process. The ref was looking right at it as it happened....no call.

Fine. Don't call it. But the Chris "Dumbass" Collinsworth has the audacity to say it "could've" been ruled an incompletion. No, it should've, not could've. I can't stand that refs and announcers just can't be consistent.

Ok, rant over.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It probably would have been overturned if they'd challenged it. That said, I played the game for 8 years and have been watching for nearly 50 years and I no longer have any idea what a "football move" is.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a ton of these plays where even they're reviewed and not called correctly in conjunction with CJs actual catch. Anyone see Michael Crabtrees TD grab vs the Bears a few weeks back???

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the above posts make way too much sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get how the explanation was "going to the ground" when Calvin clearly was getting up, using his hand with the ball when he loses control

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't get how the explanation was "going to the ground" when Calvin clearly was getting up, using his hand with the ball when he loses control

Exactly. I'll never let that one go. He made the catch, fell down, and then let the ball go as he was getting up off the ground, pushing off on it...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion on the process. The NFL is a business and lots of money is exchanging hands. The process was created for one reason only. Money. Much easier for outcomes to be manipulated when all of the sudden NFL fans that have been watching games for years can never be sure if a catch in the end zone is a TD thanks to the bullshit of the process. I used to know what the fuck a catch in the end zone was. Now, sometimes a WR completes this process and sometimes he doesnt. What I can tell you is that just like armando galarraga threw a perfect game for the tigers a few years back, so did CJ win the game for the lions against the bears. That was and is a TD catch. If the NFL continues to let refs have that kind of discretion on important plays they will begin to look like the NBA, a clearly corrupt league where championships are determined solely on money.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion on the process. The NFL is a business and lots of money is exchanging hands. The process was created for one reason only. Money. Much easier for outcomes to be manipulated when all of the sudden NFL fans that have been watching games for years can never be sure if a catch in the end zone is a TD thanks to the bullshit of the process. I used to know what the fuck a catch in the end zone was. Now, sometimes a WR completes this process and sometimes he doesnt. What I can tell you is that just like armando galarraga threw a perfect game for the tigers a few years back, so did CJ win the game for the lions against the bears. That was and is a TD catch. If the NFL continues to let refs have that kind of discretion on important plays they will begin to look like the NBA, a clearly corrupt league where championships are determined solely on money.

While I can agree with theories of Mel Gibson status. Wouldn't you think Goodell did a bad job manipulating the Broncos asswhooping last year.

Conspiracy theories easy to create. Hard as fuck to debunk. Therefore no debating here. I will agree to disagree sir.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fine. Were the broncos supposed to win it all last year? I picked the seahawks. I think its more about covering point spreads than anything. Anytime theres a multibillion dollar business there will be corruption and greed. No getting around that. Some nba ref got busted a few years for something similar.