• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boise St. in the AP

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There is always one measly #1 vote for Boise in the AP. LOL, always one guy that sticks with them and never falters. It started last year and has carried over to this year. At times they get multiple votes, but even when all of those votes move on to other teams this one vote hangs in. Here is what this thread is about. Who is this one AP voter that is so relentless with his Boise St support? Something tells me that he works for ESPN...

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't you look at those votes somewhere?

ida one

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
There is always one measly #1 vote for Boise in the AP. LOL, always one guy that sticks with them and never falters. It started last year and has carried over to this year. At times they get multiple votes, but even when all of those votes move on to other teams this one vote hangs in. Here is what this thread is about. Who is this one AP voter that is so relentless with his Boise St support? Something tells me that he works for ESPN...

He's from Alabama :nerd:

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks man, I didn't know about that site.

Scott Wolf...

The guy has Auburn at #12 this week. :L

it's a pretty big eye opener when you really delve into these rankings.

Homerism.

uninformed voting

They're really no better than any of us doing our own voting here on a message board.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They should let the fans vote on who gets to keep voting...

Make sites like this known to everyone and expose the idiots. Put their heads on the chopping block every year. If they cast bone headed and uninformed votes then they get axed.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should let the fans vote on who gets to keep voting...

Make sites like this known to everyone and expose the idiots. Put their heads on the chopping block every year. If they cast bone headed and uninformed votes then they get axed.

I'm not sure if there is some sort of oversight on voters but there really needs to be. Some are WAY off the reservation and usually their votes reflect their own agenda. Take Ted Miller. The guy tends to vote PAC 12 teams higher than others. Of course the other bloggers vote the same way on their conference. Bias in polls is a huge problem.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if there is some sort of oversight on voters but there really needs to be. Some are WAY off the reservation and usually their votes reflect their own agenda. Take Ted Miller. The guy tends to vote PAC 12 teams higher than others. Of course the other bloggers vote the same way on their conference. Bias in polls is a huge problem.

but that's always going to be a problem, sir

while it happens not as badly, the SportsHoopla poll tends to have bias too, I noticed that posters tend to rank teams from their teams conference a few spots higher than others would.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but that's always going to be a problem, sir

while it happens not as badly, the SportsHoopla poll tends to have bias too, I noticed that posters tend to rank teams from their teams conference a few spots higher than others would.

Yep for sure. Sometimes it's almost in an attempt to counter some of the other silliness from others.

Like Nate putting Oregon at 25 and OD at 3.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep for sure. Sometimes it's almost in an attempt to counter some of the other silliness from others.

Like Nate putting Oregon at 25 and OD at 3.

yeah that is true, sir

but for the most part its not any major bias, just a small amount ;)

daglafe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree, ranking them #1 is too high. perhaps it helps to balance out someone like....Craig James.... who ranks them at #10.