• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bobby Hurley to ASU

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fear thy spork For we are ASU!

569-spork.jpg

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From an outside perspective, I think this is a really good hire for ASU. He was part of a turnaround at Wagner as an assistant and completely turned Buffalo in a couple of years, in what was a very competitive MAC conference this season. I think he'll have the ability to recruit very well at ASU. After Arizona and UCLA there really isn't a program in the PAC that will consistently be atop the standings. The room is there to make ASU an annual top 5 conference team.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From an outside perspective, I think this is a really good hire for ASU. He was part of a turnaround at Wagner as an assistant and completely turned Buffalo in a couple of years, in what was a very competitive MAC conference this season. I think he'll have the ability to recruit very well at ASU. After Arizona and UCLA there really isn't a program in the PAC that will consistently be atop the standings. The room is there to make ASU an annual top 5 conference team.

I think Utah will be atop the standings. Krystowiak might be doing some things for a few years in SLC.

But generally speaking, and more toward the top 5, I certainly think it's possible. Sting said this season might be a solid one for the conference (6 teams dancing or so), but that just gives Hurley the ability to cut his teeth when no one expects much from him. If the conference takes some hits by a lot of kids bailing for the draft, Hurley could have a head start.

My early top 4 four next year include (in no particular order) Utah, AZ, Cal, and UCLA. After that, ASU, UW, and Stanford all have a chance to make that 5th slot. Might even sub one of them out with Oregon, USC, or OSU depending on how their recruiting classes turn out.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Herb had a .538 winning % with .442 % in the Pac. I honestly hope BH does better than 16-15 (8-10). But the bar is pretty high!
He just offered a 5 star , 17 yr old PG a scholarship out of California. Pretty good start.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have. The last time I was there 70% of the fans were in red and blue yelling "This is our house!"
yea sure you were. I dare you to step over to our *Curtain.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea sure you were. I dare you to step over to our *Curtain.

It was two years ago when we embarrassed Jahii Carson because he was talking shit about AZ. I know you remember it well; us AZ fans had a good laugh over it. About 50-60% of the crowd was AZ, and the chant rang out in McKale North with a couple minutes left. You may win a few games there, but you're still paying rent.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was two years ago when we embarrassed Jahii Carson because he was talking shit about AZ. I know you remember it well; us AZ fans had a good laugh over it. About 50-60% of the crowd was AZ, and the chant rang out in McKale North with a couple minutes left. You may win a few games there, but you're still paying rent.
look at our winning % the past several years as I beg to differ. You make it sound like you win 90% of your games vs ASU the past 10 years or something. Yea, Jahii had a busy mouth.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look at our winning % the past several years as I beg to differ. You make it sound like you win 90% of your games vs ASU the past 10 years or something. Yea, Jahii had a busy mouth.

No, I'm saying that while AZ has won the majority of its games in McKale North, we own it, Tempe, PHX, and the state. It's all Wildcat country. And you have a long way to go before you take it back. For instance, when there is about a 50-50 mix in Tempe every year (and always being your only sellout of the season), while also having about a 98-2% mix in McKale, it's safe to say that we own the state, let alone the head to head. There really isn't even a serious debate to the contrary. And it's going to take far more than Bobby Hurly and your Curtain of Embarrassment to change that.

Macho Grande

Would Sacrifice You In An Emergency
The Magumba Bar in Drambuie, off the Barbary Coast
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,889.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just offered a 5 star , 17 yr old PG a scholarship out of California. Pretty good start.

Oooooooo. A scholy offer to a 5 star? Boy, that is a good start. Ya think the rest of the conference will be able to recover?

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'm saying that while AZ has won the majority of its games in McKale North, we own it, Tempe, PHX, and the state. It's all Wildcat country. And you have a long way to go before you take it back. For instance, when there is about a 50-50 mix in Tempe every year (and always being your only sellout of the season), while also having about a 98-2% mix in McKale, it's safe to say that we own the state, let alone the head to head. There really isn't even a serious debate to the contrary. And it's going to take far more than Bobby Hurly and your Curtain of Embarrassment to change that.
CTP, it is simple, we have a ton of sport teams to support here in Maricopa County. (Tucson is all Tucson has). Shit, that is all have in the greater Nogales, Tucson area. Our baseball crowds have been on the rise and hoops are not far behind.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooooooo. A scholy offer to a 5 star? Boy, that is a good start. Ya think the rest of the conference will be able to recover?
give it a few years bitch

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A subtle reminder we have a new coach.

Last edited:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CTP, it is simple, we have a ton of sport teams to support here in Maricopa County. (Tucson is all Tucson has). Shit, that is all have in the greater Nogales, Tucson area. Our baseball crowds have been on the rise and hoops are not far behind.

I think if you look at the combination of quality and quantity of in-sport success and national recognition to the state in terms of sports, AZ Basketball is the most successful program/franchise in state history. And it is certainly the best thing going right now. So when you talk about what the state has, you start with Arizona Basketball.

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But how about that Jahii dunk with 6 seconds left in the game at Wells Fargo Arena. Us ASU fans had a 'good laugh' at that, too...

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roasted...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2