• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

bob stoops: SEC is not overwhelming

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Stoops was saying is what I've been saying for years: TEAMS WIN TITLES, NOT CONFERENCES. The majority of the teams in the SEC suck major ballsack, but that's not any different than the other AQ conferences. I think everybody outside SEC country understand this logic. When Team SEC sack sniffers start claiming how their shitty teams like UK, Vandy, Tenn, Arky, Mrs State, etc would win other conferences, that's when jimmies start getting rustled.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M is 0-2 vs LSU in the SEC since joining. Mizzou is doing decent in the East and then loses to the west in the SECCG so meh. One thing is for sure since joining the SEC... A&M and Missouri have both crapped on the state of Oklahoma.

:laugh3: :agree:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Stoops was saying is what I've been saying for years: TEAMS WIN TITLES, NOT CONFERENCES. The majority of the teams in the SEC suck major ballsack, but that's not any different than the other AQ conferences. I think everybody outside SEC country understand this logic. When Team SEC sack sniffers start claiming how their shitty teams like UK, Vandy, Tenn, Arky, Mrs State, etc would win other conferences, that's when jimmies start getting rustled.

You saying Mississippi State can't win the Sun Belt?

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But let's be honest, the Sec was the higher ranked team in every single game. Sometime way higher and you even had a couple of your ranked teams playing unranked teams. Cards where a little stacked....

Maybe ESPN will sell some of their bowl games...

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we get you don't like Bama. I have the only logical repsone for that:

:kiffin: :suds:

that's the response to facts oh you hate Alabama....I just point out clear advantages in scheduling. dare I ask if there is a road game in non conference play...or do we both know the answer to that without looking

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same Michigan State that needed 3 turnovers inside Nebraska 10 yard line and 2 others inside the Nebraska 30 to barely win? 5-0 Turnover margin and barely squeaked out a win. A Michigan State team that easily handled heavily favored Stanford.

Quit being ignorant. All of your bowl games were lopsided picks set to make you look better. Nebraska beat Georgia. Iowa stayed right up with LSU, and Wisconsin played right up with USCar. Let's not forget that "unbeatable" Alabama lost to a team that got ABSOLUTELY CRUSHED by Baylor and lost to a lousy Texas team this year. Auburn needed a fluke to beat a crippled Georgia team that lost to a crippled Nebraska team and they are in the BCSNC game. FSU is likely set to dominate Auburn and embarrass your entire conference.

Heavily favored? Stanford was -6, that's not heavily favored. Heavily favored was Bama -17 and Baylor -20 something. Plus, Stanford was already a 2 loss team going into the game against MSU.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might want to put the brakes on the 7-2 SEC record with Vandy choking like the old Vandy we all know all too well! 24-24 from 24-0 at half!!! :L

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record teams have bad games or off nights. I don't think anyone would disagree that OU played great (assuming their best game of the year?). Most people will agree that Bama was a little off. I also think it was obvious they were focused and wanted to be there (unlike Utah)! With all that said, OU leading by 7 and on it's own 12 facing about a 3rd and 8 threw a screen pass, made a great run and got the first down by about half a yard. That was with 4 minutes to go. If they don't get than Alabama is going to get good field position with plenty of time and chance to tie. In that same drive, again with enough time to drive the ball, Alabama got a PI called against them on 3rd down. This drive pretty much sealed it for OU. Until then it was still undecided. That's with a punt return TD called back for block in back. 3 turnovers leading to 21 OU points. A missed chip shot field goal. All those penalties were legit and Bama did not execute when they needed to. My point was this was one game with it's own identity and don't think the very next game Bama couldn't be sharp and, if so, I wonder how that game would play out? There are no do overs in football but don't think it's the end all /tell all and all of a sudden Alabama sucks. No top 10 teams and Auburn is playing for the NC on Monday? :L South Carolina won, LSU won, Texas A&M won. Those are all lesser bowl teams you're speaking of?

Pretty much the same thing Texas fans bring up when we played Bama in '09 when the game was 24-21 with 3 minutes to go after a true freshman QB with no experience almost beat Bama. But you Bammers still claim it was a beatdown. Hypocrite much?

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's the response to facts oh you hate Alabama....I just point out clear advantages in scheduling. dare I ask if there is a road game in non conference play...or do we both know the answer to that without looking

What we have seen is Bama opening up with Virginia Tech when they were good (and bad), Clemson, Michigan, and will open with WVU (who was good when we scheduled them). Bama played a home and home with PSU before the scandal. I get that you want to knock on Bama, but this argument holds no water.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much the same thing Texas fans bring up when we played Bama in '09 when the game was 24-21 with 3 minutes to go after a true freshman QB with no experience almost beat Bama. But you Bammers still claim it was a beatdown. Hypocrite much?

That game was never as close as the Sugar Bowl! Texas had the ball on their own 5 for about 30 seconds and trailing by as close as they had been all night,3, then in a blink it was over again! Someone would have to be blind to compare those two games but whatever makes you feel better! :rollseyes:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TexasExes

And for the record a hell of a lot more than just "Bammers" saw it as a beatdown! :nod:

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we have seen is Bama opening up with Virginia Tech when they were good (and bad), Clemson, Michigan, and will open with WVU (who was good when we scheduled them). Bama played a home and home with PSU before the scandal. I get that you want to knock on Bama, but this argument holds no water.

no water? I think the fact that you have only played 3 or 4 non conference road games in over 10 years speaks volumes...find me another team that can say that....even other teams in sec don't do that its a gump thing. these kickoff classics aren't road games either. sure penn st but how long ago was that.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TexasExes

And for the record a hell of a lot more than just "Bammers" saw it as a beatdown! :nod:

Bama only gained 260 yds of total offense. Bama's D capitalized on stupid turnovers by our true frosh QB who had 0 experience. Again, it was 24-21 with only 3 minutes to go. It wasn't a beatdown, and remember, "If only Colt had played".........:yahoo:

BamaFanAlways

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no water? I think the fact that you have only played 3 or 4 non conference road games in over 10 years speaks volumes...find me another team that can say that....even other teams in sec don't do that its a gump thing. these kickoff classics aren't road games either. sure penn st but how long ago was that.

Penn State? 2010 and 2011. Yeah, sooooo long ago.

I really don't get your argument. Bama usually opens with a decent OOC opponent. Just because it's not at THEIR stadium, it's an advantage for Bama? If we had scheduled a home and home with WVU, our schedule wouldn't be any tougher than playing them once and playing someone else next year. If we were scheduling Illinois or Iowa State, I'd see your argument. But the teams we schedule are supposed to be decent when we play them.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like that Bama has had these OOC opponents over the last few years, but I would like to see Bama grow a pair and play some home and homes rather than this neutral site stuff.