• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo Nix named starter

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched the All-22 of some of the games and boy howdy there are about 4-5 plays or more per game that WR's are running wide open and could be TD's that he is missing. A lot of those end up not even being negative plays because he will hit the check down or take off running, but he is making the game so much harder than it needs to be. Hopefully as time goes on and he begins to trust his eyes of what he is seeing he can start to see the big plays available.
I would expect this to improve with time and experience. How many times have we said the speed of the game from college to the NFL is a huge adjustment? Nix looked great in the pre-season but we all know defenses are shooting blanks in the pre-season. These first games are Nix's first with live ammo. I'm enjoying what I've seen so far because it's not like we're seeing the ceiling here. The offense is better than last year's and with Wilson running the show that unit was not going to get better that what we saw last year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expect this to improve with time and experience. How many times have we said the speed of the game from college to the NFL is a huge adjustment? Nix looked great in the pre-season but we all know defenses are shooting blanks in the pre-season. These first games are Nix's first with live ammo. I'm enjoying what I've seen so far because it's not like we're seeing the ceiling here. The offense is better than last year's and with Wilson running the show that unit was not going to get better that what we saw last year.

I would agree. We knew heading into the season there would be growing pains for the kid. The fact the team is still winning while he gets some things figured out is a testament to the talent on this roster around him. He really does have a decent situation for a rookie QB. Top-3 defense, top-3 special teams play, great OL. Only thing missing is a couple of weapons for him to work with and there might be a couple of those guys emerging with Franklin looking more comfortable and Vele looking like he brings something to the table.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree. We knew heading into the season there would be growing pains for the kid. The fact the team is still winning while he gets some things figured out is a testament to the talent on this roster around him. He really does have a decent situation for a rookie QB. Top-3 defense, top-3 special teams play, great OL. Only thing missing is a couple of weapons for him to work with and there might be a couple of those guys emerging with Franklin looking more comfortable and Vele looking like he brings something to the table.
all while being significantly disadvantaged in the salary cap! This is actually an exciting undercurrent about this team because they weren't really able to pursue top FA talent.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all while being significantly disadvantaged in the salary cap! This is actually an exciting undercurrent about this team because they weren't really able to pursue top FA talent.
I actually think they should be cautious with FA signings again this next offseason and see where the growth of this young roster takes them. The two positions I would invest a little more in are MLB and TE.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think they should be cautious with FA signings again this next offseason and see where the growth of this young roster takes them. The two positions I would invest a little more in are MLB and TE.
I actually agree. Let's fill the most important hole or two but focus on winning by developing the talent we draft.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would have been nice if we could have added one more receiver to this roster that is established. Say Calvin Ridley (I know he hasn't done all that well this year but I put a big chunk of that on the team he is on) across from Sutton and how much more difficult does that make the broncos look compared to having added Reynolds. I will give it to Reynolds that before he got hurt he was doing decent for us but I would rather see him as WR 3 or 4 on a roster than WR 2

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to get Troy Franklin and Marvin Mims the damn ball.

(ref to Keyshawn Johnson's book)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is there will be a time this season when Sean Payton takes the rubber band off the deep passing game - and when he does - I think these questions about Mims and Franklin will be forgotten.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Payton did a great job today answering the question about footwork. He said they shouldn't do much right now to try and fix it as that will lead to problems. Said right now they are working on trying to sync up his footwork with the play more so which has been a problem. He is late on some of his reads leading to bad footwork/accuracy.
3 step drop ball has to be out on the 3 step otherwise the play is a free for all.

he’ll learn that with game experience.

Orangeisback

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 step drop ball has to be out on the 3 step otherwise the play is a free for all.

he’ll learn that with game experience.
Don't know about that him learning. Hopefully. My concern is he is NOT that and in my mind as of now as a fan now and wanting to win....now is I wish Payton would incorporate some RPO with NIX. I don't think he is a Brees, Brady Manning type who is this 3 step passer. That takes imo specific type of mental or confidence skill....

Hoping it isn't Payton trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole. That rarely if ever works and hoping for some adaptability by Payton.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about that him learning. Hopefully. My concern is he is NOT that and in my mind as of now as a fan now and wanting to win....now is I wish Payton would incorporate some RPO with NIX. I don't think he is a Brees, Brady Manning type who is this 3 step passer. That takes imo specific type of mental or confidence skill....

Hoping it isn't Payton trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole. That rarely if ever works and hoping for some adaptability by Payton.
Welcome Orangeisback - nice to see you posting over here,