• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Blue Jackets vs Pens - or "the battle to end stupid seeding rules"

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm having 2012 Pens-Flyers flashbacks. MAF vs. Bobrovsky. Though that was the only game the Pens won handily.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two more vintage LMAFO goals against in the third.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, guys. When you pull the goalie you only get one extra skater. :thumb:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should've been conceding the game a lot earlier. It might have helped.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that loss cost me another 140$! See ya at game 5.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats, Jackets! Now make it a series so you can win or at lest wear out the Pens before they play the Leafs.

Man, that Guentzel kid is going all John Druce this playoffs.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAFO is back, baby!

He looked good the first 2 and then progressively worse. Back to vintage 2012 MAF tonight. Silver lining, if there was any doubt where the future lies, this sealed it. My prediction? Pens need five goals to win the next one, otherwise we see Jarry make his debut in Game 6.

Also, Jackets had their best game, I thought. Shouldn't take that away from them.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*whew*

I didn't want to be swept.

Three differences in that game:
1) Jackets stayed in front of the net and capitalized on Fleury's bobbles. All series they were getting caught below the goal line and not getting second chances. In some cases, no first chances.
2) Jackets stopped chasing bad hits and filled the quiet space. Less odd man chances against. Figured out what the Pens have been doing all series and fed it back tonight. Evened it all up a bit. This is what it should have been all along, punch for punch. Battle for battle. These teams can be pretty even when both play their game. Pens pressured the Jackets into cracking last two games. Jackets pushed back tonight. And Pens still almost took it.
3) Three new guys in the lineup made a difference. Nutivaara with a goal, Sedlak didn't lose a faceoff and Quincey was physical but smart. I only wish we'd seen Quincey and Nutivaara all along...

Bob hasn't had a "good" (by his standards) game yet. I hope he has one in him on Thursday.

Reactions: gob

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win by the Jackets, but they have a propensity to take stupid penalties at the most inopportune times. Hope they grow out of that in the future.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So this is making the rounds.

Some hockey fans are assholes. Film at 11. Anyone who looks at something like this and tries to fuck the chicken using it as pump up material or as justification to hate an entire fanbase is pathetic. And I am sure that it was completely unprovoked. I am sure the Jackets jersey wearers were COMPLETELY innocent. :rolleyes:

What is important here is that the Market there is FUCKING AWESOME. You can buy a thing of ranch or onion dip for 2.99, and they give you a bag of hand cut and hand cooked potato chips FOR FREE.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some hockey fans are assholes. Film at 11. Anyone who looks at something like this and tries to fuck the chicken using it as pump up material or as justification to hate an entire fanbase is pathetic. And I am sure that it was completely unprovoked. I am sure the Jackets jersey wearers were COMPLETELY innocent. :rolleyes:

What is important here is that the Market there is FUCKING AWESOME. You can buy a thing of ranch or onion dip for 2.99, and they give you a bag of hand cut and hand cooked potato chips FOR FREE.

looked like a lot of wobbly knees there lol

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha...I'm sure some CBJ guys were ragging on him hard. For game 1, two pens guys walked into RBar and got harassed pretty bad (nothing physical or anything), about to the point where I thought it was a little too much, but whatever...you have to expect that. I'm a little surprised there wasn't a fight though, because the one had a BIG mouth on him, which just isn't smart if you're outnumbered 100-2.

I've been a visitor to opposing teams stadiums/arenas many times, for multiple sports (mainly cfb). I got yelled and cussed at by some drunken fans. I also had some good conversation, and joked around with plenty more. When you're a visitor, you have to expect to deal with some assholes, and be prepared to just walk away.

Also, I did not know that about the Market. I've walked by it several times, but never gone in it. Good to know.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha...I'm sure some CBJ guys were ragging on him hard. For game 1, two pens guys walked into RBar and got harassed pretty bad (nothing physical or anything), about to the point where I thought it was a little too much, but whatever...you have to expect that. I'm a little surprised there wasn't a fight though, because the one had a BIG mouth on him, which just isn't smart if you're outnumbered 100-2.

I've been a visitor to opposing teams stadiums/arenas many times, for multiple sports (mainly cfb). I got yelled and cussed at by some drunken fans. I also had some good conversation, and joked around with plenty more. When you're a visitor, you have to expect to deal with some assholes, and be prepared to just walk away.

Also, I did not know that about the Market. I've walked by it several times, but never gone in it. Good to know.

Same here. The general rule is don't be a dick. I was in a Senators Jersey in Philly the night of the 419 penalty minute fiasco. I made it out alive. When I had season tickets, the folks next to us were originally from Chicago. Jackets fans every night except that one. Those Pens fans probably live here. THAT'S YOUR NEIGHBOR!

And yeah, in the cooler facing the registers in that market. Pick up a little vat of dip and the chips are free. Good friggin' chips too. And a healthy sized bag of them. The chips are in the basket on the front of the cooler.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hockey fans can be dicks, no surprise there. They're part of the general population after all.

What is REALLY shocking here is that a guy in a #87 Penguins jersey would take a cheap shot and then just sail away. Unbelievable. :heh:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn NHL network.

I can get NBC sports on my work computer, but because of the game being on the NHL network it is not airing on NBC Sports.

giphy.gif