• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Blue Jackets vs Pens - or "the battle to end stupid seeding rules"

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again: It ain't over with MAF in net.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate being wrong, but in this case, I'll take it.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, you bastards better make the conference final at least. I hate everything about the Penguins right now, but God Damn do I respect them.

Jackets shouldn't hold their heads too low. 108 points, emergence of some solid recent draft picks and that 16 game streak. Still have some tweaks to make, but overall they should be on the rise.

Now those young guys who rolled to a Calder Cup last year have all gotten collectively kicked in the nuts. You have to taste bitter disappointment before you can go to that next level usually. Wings punched the Penguins a few years ago and look what it did for them. That Oil dynasty started with an absolute ass whooping by the Islanders. I hope this is that moment for the Jackets.

I also hope the expansion draft doesn't wreck it too much. Anderson and Karlsson are tagged as guys who could go and we should do everything we can to hold onto both. Calvert, Johnson or even Dubinsky would not upset me at all.

Although Dubinsky might actually have trade value.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Columbus gave everything they had, never let up. This game and the series was not as lopsided as the results. Home ice I think made much of the difference. Their late-season drop off hurt them here.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, you bastards better make the conference final at least. I hate everything about the Penguins right now, but God Damn do I respect them.

Jackets shouldn't hold their heads too low. 108 points, emergence of some solid recent draft picks and that 16 game streak. Still have some tweaks to make, but overall they should be on the rise.

Now those young guys who rolled to a Calder Cup last year have all gotten collectively kicked in the nuts. You have to taste bitter disappointment before you can go to that next level usually. Wings punched the Penguins a few years ago and look what it did for them. That Oil dynasty started with an absolute ass whooping by the Islanders. I hope this is that moment for the Jackets.

I also hope the expansion draft doesn't wreck it too much. Anderson and Karlsson are tagged as guys who could go and we should do everything we can to hold onto both. Calvert, Johnson or even Dubinsky would not upset me at all.

Although Dubinsky might actually have trade value.

Good series 43, BJ's are young with a bright future.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could have sworn Bobrovsky was vezina...oh where oh where did the bob go?

Way to go Pens! Rest up!

And I love that MAF severely outplayed the Bob and yet so much angst about him in net from fans...best Pens goalie ever!

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
76697223.jpg

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a sneaking suspicion that this might be the year the Caps break their playoff funk against the Pens...1-8 in playoff series against the Pens, 0 for the last 6.

That's assuming they advance to the 2nd round.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I love that MAF severely outplayed the Bob and yet so much angst about him in net from fans...best Pens goalie ever!
True, goalie hasn't historically been one of the stronger Pens' positions.

Short lived, but the best goalie to cross the Pens path was Lalime.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their late-season drop off hurt them here.

Fuck whoever shot that puck into Ryan Murray's hand.

And I would say Fuck OV for the hit on Werenski, but I wouldn't want to trigger anyone.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, goalie hasn't historically been one of the stronger Pens' positions.

Short lived, but the best goalie to cross the Pens path was Lalime

Barass-hole?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. What the hell was with Bob? Man alive. I mean most of the goals were pretty well earned, but the guy was giving up some atrocious rebounds out there.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michel Dion or Denis Herron.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tortellini play goon trap crap against Sid cause they can't win and try to emulate crap Hitchcock.

Hey, speaking of tortellini, the Penguins are going to be on the big screen at the Olive Garden on Peach Street in the greatest town on the greatest of the great lakes, Erie, PA. You should come on down.

Sid has ability to will his team to the Finals where other spare parts like Geno and Phil can then take over once the opposition shadows the Kid. Just sit back in bask in Sid's greatness while OV is probably scoring a 5 on 3 goal for mother Russia in the bronze medal match of the worlds.

/and Michel Dion is the correct answer because without him no way do the Pens get a chance to draft Mario

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tortellini play goon trap crap against Sid cause they can't win and try to emulate crap Hitchcock.

Hey, speaking of tortellini, the Penguins are going to be on the big screen at the Olive Garden on Peach Street in the greatest town on the greatest of the great lakes, Erie, PA. You should come on down.

Sid has ability to will his team to the Finals where other spare parts like Geno and Phil can then take over once the opposition shadows the Kid. Just sit back in bask in Sid's greatness while OV is probably scoring a 5 on 3 goal for mother Russia in the bronze medal match of the worlds.

/and Michel Dion is the correct answer because without him no way do the Pens get a chance to draft Mario

Well, this is the funniest thing I will read all day. Well done esls.