• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blazers should trade Aldridge to Cavs

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you guys rushing the Cavs to pursue a short term plan to make the playoffs? Small and mid market teams that exercise patience and do it the right way, like the Grizzlies, Thunder and Pacers can build contending teams with a couple good moves. If you rush the process in an effort to make the playoffs, you end up like the Nets.

And Warriors next year :suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs best move might be to see how much they can get for Kyrie and then make a decision from there. Who knows who would give what for him?
He just always seems to be injured.

:pound: you have to be joking.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But reality is you need a post player to contend, an all-around player.

Yeah Noel will learn how to score, but I don't like him he more risk than reward eve though this draft isn't that good.

I say they get Porter. Which could eventually make into a KD, Westbrook, Harden trio, scoring wise. Then you hit free agency big, they have enough cap to do it.

They need a dominant post player inside and a reliable bench. I say they go after a Bynum or Jefferson.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But reality is you need a post player to contend, an all-around player.

Yeah Noel will learn how to score, but I don't like him he more risk than reward eve though this draft isn't that good.

I say they get Porter. Which could eventually make into a KD, Westbrook, Harden trio, scoring wise. Then you hit free agency big, they have enough cap to do it.

They need a dominant post player inside and a reliable bench. I say they go after a Bynum or Jefferson.

:agree:

Although I certainly hope they take Noel so that the Wizards can get Porter.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think striving for 5 or 6 seed is a bad thing. Look at the Warriors! I think you are doing something wrong if youre striving for the 7-8 seeds.

What about the Warriors? They had a great run and they were a lot of fun, but they were not serious contenders this year, nor will they be next year without some changes or some serious improvement by young players. Making noise in the playoffs is not the same as contending.

The Pacers elevated from noise makers to contenders with the way that they dominated the Knicks and have gone toe to toe with the Heat the first 2 games. This has been made possible by BOTH Paul George and Roy Hibbert taking their games to new levels.

Also, the Warriors would be an example of a team that has built the right way. The Bogut trade was vet for vet after they gave the Curry/Ellis plenty of time to evaluate whether or not it could work.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound: you have to be joking.

Not joking at all. The Cavs had some winning streaks when he played, and some when he didn't play. I know he's talented but your record is your record.

I'm not going to take the time, but I'll bet the Cavs win % was about = in games he played vs didn't play.

You can throw all the other names on the Cavs roster around, but Kyrie is the only one to bring back value from other teams. Nobody is giving up anything great for anything in this years draft of the other unproven players from the past couple Cavs drafts.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not joking at all. The Cavs had some winning streaks when he played, and some when he didn't play. I know he's talented but your record is your record.

I'm not going to take the time, but I'll bet the Cavs win % was about = in games he played vs didn't play.

You can throw all the other names on the Cavs roster around, but Kyrie is the only one to bring back value from other teams. Nobody is giving up anything great for anything in this years draft of the other unproven players from the past couple Cavs drafts.

I disagree, Varejao on the trade market would have their phones blowing up. This is a guy that brings tremendous energy on both ends of the court and he is an above average rebounder.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, Varejao on the trade market would have their phones blowing up. This is a guy that brings tremendous energy on both ends of the court and he is an above average rebounder.

True. Also Thompson isn't great value, but is young and has potential w/ a right fit at coach he could become a solid role player, but he does not have starter capability.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie is not going anywhere. No point in even talking about it. He is a great player and the leader of this team. He does gave to mature but he is 21 for Christ's sake. You don't trade a 21 yr old that has all the potential in the world!

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is not going anywhere. No point in even talking about it. He is a great player and the leader of this team. He does gave to mature but he is 21 for Christ's sake. You don't trade a 21 yr old that has all the potential in the world!

Yeah, I dont think any GM would trade a 21 yr old with such a high ceiling. You would lose probably majority of your season ticket holders with a bone head move like that one.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love his game, but same story as Kyrie. Always injured.

Basketball season is a grind, let alone if you make a deep playoff run. You need your best players on the court.

And to Shane. I agree the Cavs aren't even looking into trading Kyrie.
My point of discussion was what type of player(s) do you think some other teams might offer for him?

Kyrie is also a flawed defender. He's young, so I'm not assuming that can't improve, but I am not sold on the premise that he is this elite player that a championship team could ever be built around.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I took 5 minutes and looked. And once again, this is not a rip/hate/dislike Kyrie post. Just my opinion and why I said what I did.

Last year Cavs were 19-40 when he played and 5-18 when he didn't. So yes, a slightly higher % when he played, but nothing to write home about. And yes, I know the Cavs had alot of other injuries during the season, but it is what it is.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is also a flawed defender. He's young, so I'm not assuming that can't improve, but I am not sold on the premise that he is this elite player that a championship team could ever be built around.

Valid point. That is a question the organization must ask itself. If you truly feel he is an elite point guard to build around, he have to bring in the right staff, and the right pieces to put him in that position.

You take the celtics for example. Doc Rivers took Rondo to a level no one expected. Rondo is a Triple Double waiting to happen every game he plays! Along with Doc and his staff, they also had the right players to help him develop into an all star point guard