• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blank on fake noise: 'What we've done...was wrong'

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is more of an anomaly I fully admit that as he has some big paws and yeah when it's colder his ball will deflate a bit naturally making it easier for him to grip and catch but for the most part it's common sense that as it gets colder out its easier to grip or catch a deflated ball. We'll see what happens but they wouldn't do it if it were a disadvantage for brady...otherwise why risk it?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh by the way congrats on winning the game it was a good one. Still can't believe they didn't roll out Wilson or throw a safer fade pass at the end. Seems like something Philbin would have done although it was a great interception by the DB.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely nothing homer and I didn't name names because according to you the pats have done nothing in an attempt to gain an edge so carry on.

As per deflated balls not being an advantage go out and toss a ball around in the summer or in Zona right now then take that same ball and throw and catch it in the cold...tell me if there is no difference with a straight face. You guys just crack me up.

1) My bad, who were you referring to then?

2) Your statement about my position is proof that you don't read a word I type.

3) IF it's proven that the Patriots purposely deflated the balls after approval, I will indeed indict the Pats. I already did so to a degree in a thread a couple of weeks ago....not that you'd read what I type with any attempt to ascertain my true opinion.

...and about deflategate. The big evidence seems to be an equipment dude taking the balls into a bathroom for 90 seconds. Lots of banter surrounded the timing and whether those balls could be deflated so quickly. Let's say for argument's sake, yeah, if you have a small valve and had done it for awhile, you could get it done that fast.

Now the question is, unless you knew you were being filmed and timed, why would you bother to rush?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact one: Delfategate out of Atlanta doesn't make a sports page section.

Fact two: Noisegate out of New England gets prime coverage on The View.

True that.

FWIW...I've been to Falcon games and when there is really something to cheer about...nothing artificial is needed, that place can get stupid loud.

But the Falcons haven't offered up much to cheer about lately so I understand the boost.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) My bad, who were you referring to then?

2) Your statement about my position is proof that you don't read a word I type.

3) IF it's proven that the Patriots purposely deflated the balls after approval, I will indeed indict the Pats. I already did so to a degree in a thread a couple of weeks ago....not that you'd read what I type with any attempt to ascertain my true opinion.

...and about deflategate. The big evidence seems to be an equipment dude taking the balls into a bathroom for 90 seconds. Lots of banter surrounded the timing and whether those balls could be deflated so quickly. Let's say for argument's sake, yeah, if you have a small valve and had done it for awhile, you could get it done that fast.

Now the question is, unless you knew you were being filmed and timed, why would you bother to rush?

Bada Bing!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh by the way congrats on winning the game it was a good one. Still can't believe they didn't roll out Wilson or throw a safer fade pass at the end. Seems like something Philbin would have done although it was a great interception by the DB.

Thanks and it was nice to get a break and luck after the last 2 heartbreak SB losses in final minute.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a home game right? If someone was purposefully doing this (and maybe doing it often) wouldn't they know where the cameras are?

Marley

Evil Incorporated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like noise is being pumped into this thread.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle and Kansas City also do the same thing.

Pretty sure Seattle has been the most tested for this over the last 10 years or so. No chance they'd get away with it and I'm sure KC is tested for it regularly as well. We were accused of piping in noise back in the king dome days and they did random surprise tests over and over and found nothing. Hell, the noise rule that gave penalties to teams for their fans making too much noise was because of someone bitching about noise in our house as well. Remember that fondly. The more the refs would tell our fans to quiet down, the louder they got. It was pretty funny stuff.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a home game right? If someone was purposefully doing this (and maybe doing it often) wouldn't they know where the cameras are?

Well yeah, I suppose except that there would have to have been a conversation where they discussed this illegal act. They acknowledged that they may one day come under scrutiny so in case someone blows the whistle, they could explain away the ball boy's act by claiming a lack of time. So they instructed him to be sure to hurry up each time and go as fast as he could. Now, nobody takes their time doing something illegal but it just seems to me that if they had a true and recognized concern about being caught, they wouldn't do it. None of it adds up thus far.

....and we've clearly seen that a Lb of air pressure doesn't mean much to Brady. Much like Spygate changing nothing, the correct air pressure doesn't seem to make any difference. Doesn't keep the home schooled kids from discrediting of course. Lets see if they start fumbling left and right.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you, and they should be punished.

But it's refreshing to hear someone step up and say "you caught us, whats the price" as opposed to trying to play the victim card right out of the gate

Yea, that's the stupid thing about the innocent. They never admit to anything.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like noise is being pumped into this thread.

Yea, it's as loud as a mouse peeing on cotton compared to "agenda mania" the last 2 weeks.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah, I suppose except that there would have to have been a conversation where they discussed this illegal act. They acknowledged that they may one day come under scrutiny so in case someone blows the whistle, they could explain away the ball boy's act by claiming a lack of time. So they instructed him to be sure to hurry up each time and go as fast as he could. Now, nobody takes their time doing something illegal but it just seems to me that if they had a true and recognized concern about being caught, they wouldn't do it. None of it adds up thus far.

....and we've clearly seen that a Lb of air pressure doesn't mean much to Brady. Much like Spygate changing nothing, the correct air pressure doesn't seem to make any difference. Doesn't keep the home schooled kids from discrediting of course. Lets see if they start fumbling left and right.

Somewhat off topic here...but just wanted to offer my contgrats on #4!

Great job, and I can say I called this one.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't understand what this cheating scandal is not getting any traction.