• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blank on fake noise: 'What we've done...was wrong'

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTf happened to cheating is cheating and it doesn't matter if it doesn't provide a needed advantage?

Oh, that's right, it's not the Pats.

Last I checked the Falcons aren't repeat offenders. And regardless we all know the rules of cheating in professional sports. If you cheat and still lose, it's not a big deal. If you cheat and do well but don't win a championship it's the worst thing ever. But if you cheat and win a championship it's also no big deal.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTf happened to cheating is cheating and it doesn't matter if it doesn't provide a needed advantage?

I agree with you, and they should be punished.

But it's refreshing to hear someone step up and say "you caught us, whats the price" as opposed to trying to play the victim card right out of the gate

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If anybody thinks that artificial noise, 2 psi in balls, bounties, or filming from a prohibited area gives you edge, what can I say? You have to prepare for the game and expect noise , there is nol love loss between some teams, so they do try to take each others head off, deflated balls showed no advantage, actually opposite and with tech you can film from sidelines or in a press box and get same results. Loser's make excuses why other teams won. Its a competitive game and a dog eat dog world, maybe not the sport to follow for everyone here. Maybe beer pong would be better

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree,.........and I'm still shocked the colts were never "caught" back in the day (2006/7-AFC-ch.-gm.).....!?

I was going to bring that up. The Colts pulled that stunt in the 2007 AFC Championship game and nothing was done because the Pats didn't whine about it unlike the Colts who take every opportunity to do so.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anybody thinks that artificial noise, 2 psi in balls, bounties, or filming from a prohibited area gives you edge, what can I say? You have to prepare for the game and expect noise , there is nol love loss between some teams, so they do try to take each others head off, deflated balls showed no advantage, actually opposite and with tech you can film from sidelines or in a press box and get same results. Loser's make excuses why other teams won. Its a competitive game and a dog eat dog world, maybe not the sport to follow for everyone here. Maybe beer pong would be better

LOL....it's great to be champs...be happy with that and forget the sermons on what sport one should follow

Competitive balance shouldn't be to much to ask for.

Me? I give a rats ass about 2 psi but your spin here is pure comedy.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....it's great to be champs...be happy with that and forget the sermons on what sport one should follow

Competitive balance shouldn't be to much to ask for.

Me? I give a rats ass about 2 psi but your spin here is pure comedy.

Thats what Im here for to be a fucking comedian. I dont live in lala world, am not a hypocrite or holly roller. To get an edge happens in every day situations, by everyday people. I remember when my son was playing pop warner, ad they were gonna play in a championship game, a coach from another team, came after a game and offered our HC a VHS on the other team, so they can study and plan. It happens at every level, and saddest part is kids are taking roids and other PED's to get an advantage, friggen shame

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correct....convicted folks have a harder road when questions arise. Nothing to do with being the current SB champs

Since filming of signals is allowed in other areas of the stadium or on the sidelines if you're wearing a yellow vest I would say piping in noise is a far greater advantage over filming from the one illegal location in the stadium is. They should lose two draft picks and a million dollar fine.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think that driving 75 in a 65 is any more dangerous and I think I'm not impaired after one drink. But rules are rules, and either everyone needs to follow the same ones or they need to be done away with. As long as they are on the books, the level of advantage gained isn't the issue. The fact you broke a rule is.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact one: Delfategate out of Atlanta doesn't make a sports page section.

Fact two: Noisegate out of New England gets prime coverage on The View.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what Im here for to be a fucking comedian. I dont live in lala world, am not a hypocrite or holly roller. To get an edge happens in every day situations, by everyday people. I remember when my son was playing pop warner, ad they were gonna play in a championship game, a coach from another team, came after a game and offered our HC a VHS on the other team, so they can study and plan. It happens at every level, and saddest part is kids are taking roids and other PED's to get an advantage, friggen shame

getting an edge within the rules is fine. Look at the eligible receiver stuff NE did. Genius, and legal. Crying about that is just jealousy their team didn't think of it first.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since filming of signals is allowed in other areas of the stadium or on the sidelines if you're wearing a yellow vest I would say piping in noise is a far greater advantage over filming from the one illegal location in the stadium is. They should lose two draft picks and a million dollar fine.

but it's the Falcons..so who will really care what the penalty is. :noidea:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
getting an edge within the rules is fine. Look at the eligible receiver stuff NE did. Genius, and legal. Crying about that is just jealousy their team didn't think of it first.

Ford I dont think that you grasp what I am saying. I have never defended them and said if they are guilty (and dumb enough) in deflating the balls, they should be penalized. Thy got fined pretty heavy in 07 and I though Belichick was an arrogant dolt( I misinterpreted the memo regarding filming on sidelines). Gives the organization a black eye, for what?

I could care less about the pumped in noise in ATl or supposed in Indy before, or bountgate, or salary cap violations. PED's are the biggest cheat there is. You look at a player that get caught and stop doping and they become shit, like a Shawn Merriman or a Boz

Last edited by a moderator:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that driving 75 in a 65 is any more dangerous and I think I'm not impaired after one drink. But rules are rules, and either everyone needs to follow the same ones or they need to be done away with. As long as they are on the books, the level of advantage gained isn't the issue. The fact you broke a rule is.

I have no problem with penalties for breaking the rules. It's the people who seize up and complain about the sanctity of the game over such violations and want outrageous penalties.

When Patriots fans talk about jealousy it's the reaction (or overreaction) these issues get when it's the Patriots who are accused. And this includes Spygate as well. Way over-hyped as a crime against football

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those cheating 12th man bastages, being extra vocal and loud. The only other team that was suspected was the Colts. If Blank is man enough to admit, give the man a pass

I respect the man for admitting it...unlike some other owners and their fans. If you did the crime do the time like a man....hate weasels.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I respect the man for admitting it...unlike some other owners and their fans. If you did the crime do the time like a man....hate weasels.

Gee, I wonder who you're referring to. BB and Kraft apologized to the league over Spygate. Deflategate's not completed.

Does this comment have anything to do with your Superbowl being played week one while our was played last weekend?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee, I wonder who you're referring to. BB and Kraft apologized to the league over Spygate. Deflategate's not completed.

Does this comment have anything to do with your Superbowl being played week one while our was played last weekend?

Absolutely nothing homer and I didn't name names because according to you the pats have done nothing in an attempt to gain an edge so carry on.

As per deflated balls not being an advantage go out and toss a ball around in the summer or in Zona right now then take that same ball and throw and catch it in the cold...tell me if there is no difference with a straight face. You guys just crack me up.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely nothing homer and I didn't name names because according to you the pats have done nothing in an attempt to gain an edge so carry on.

As per deflated balls not being an advantage go out and toss a ball around in the summer or in Zona right now then take that same ball and throw and catch it in the cold...tell me if there is no difference with a straight face. You guys just crack me up.

FFF Pats were guilty in 07 and we shall see about this. But in cold weather you want the ball to have extra air because it will lose some air. You think Rodgers prefers more air in his footballs, because his hands are big or he plays in the Tundra with 20 degrees is like nothing.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFF Pats were guilty in 07 and we shall see about this. But in cold weather you want the ball to have extra air because it will lose some air. You think Rodgers prefers more air in his footballs, because his hands are big or he plays in the Tundra with 20 degrees is like nothing.

I think there are exceptions to most everything and Rodgers is that here.