• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blake Barnett Transferring from Alabama

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not attacking you, but I think he AJ is the best QB Saban has produced. Laugh all you want.

We do not have an offense that relays on a QB, so we typically don't get the highly recruited ones. No RB's and defense are vastly different. Right now Alabama has Ingram, Yeldon, Lacy, and Henry as RB's, with Richardson still looking for work.

Just different philosophies, but I think Jalen may end up being the most talented QB Saban has had, but the question is if he can lead as good as AJ, which was probably AJ's best attribute. The S.O.B. is a leader.
That's my point. The system Saban rubs doesn't highlight the QB. That's why it surprises me a 5 star would go there. Most all if those guys want to be the focus. There are better options to do that at and in doing so you will generally become better prepared for the next level. There aren't 30 better option but there are a handful

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure. That said if you ask any 5 star HS QB what their end goal is I can promise you all of them are going to say NFL. Bama wins titles without 5 star guys at that position and Saban, despite being the best coach in CFB, does not now nor has he ever developed an elite QB at the next level or even just an OK one. Can he take a guy and make him serviceable enough to win a natty when he's surrounded by NFL talent at other positions? Yes. That's not what I was saying. If you are a 5 star out of HS there are better choices for you than Bama to get NFL ready. If you don't care about that then God bless you. Go win a title.

What are the better choices?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duh, powerhouse programs like: North Dakota State, Delaware, Miami(Oh), Harvard, Vanderbilt, Central Florida, TCU, Fresno State, Utah, Northwestern, Eastern Illinois, Houston.

The coaches that developed current elite NFL QB's are as follows:

Gene Chizik
Lloyd Carr
Joe Tiller
Jeff Tedford
Terry Hoeppner
Tom O'Brien/Bret Bielema
David Cutcliffe(maybe)
Jim Harbaugh/David Shaw(maybe)

@rmilia1 is making zero sense.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/QUOTE]@rmilia1 is making zero sense.[/QUOTE]

The sky is blue.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Sans coaching career? P12- USC, Stanford, California, Oregon B10- Michigam, Michigam St, Wisconsin B12- Oklajoma, TCU ACC- FSU, VA Tech SEC- TAMU, Mizzou, UGA.... not all those are better now ( although many are ) and I'm sure I forgot a few that are worthy. Don't get me wrong, guy is the best but he's just not the best with QBS. Probably because he doesn't need to be. That said all those schools have produced more or better NFL quarterbacks than Bama or LSU ( when Saban was there )

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duh, powerhouse programs like: North Dakota State, Delaware, Miami(Oh), Harvard, Vanderbilt, Central Florida, TCU, Fresno State, Utah, Northwestern, Eastern Illinois, Houston.

The coaches that developed current elite NFL QB's are as follows:

Gene Chizik
Lloyd Carr
Joe Tiller
Jeff Tedford
Terry Hoeppner
Tom O'Brien/Bret Bielema
David Cutcliffe(maybe)
Jim Harbaugh/David Shaw(maybe)

@rmilia1 is making zero sense.
Nick Saban has never developed even an average NFL QB despite having a plethora of elite level NFL players at nearly every other position. That's fact and indisputable

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sometimes feel like Saban almost has a disdain for the QB position when I hear him talk

Saban was a QB in highschool.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Saban has never developed even an average NFL QB despite having a plethora of elite level NFL players at nearly every other position. That's fact and indisputable

And this is a reason why a 5 star should never want to go to Alabama?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's your definition of average? Also your list of schools you brought up earlier is a joke.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That and the huge homosexual culture of the entire university.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her name is Maddie Peterson- she is a pro surfer.

01470b20fb8b04271b0339cbe97dbb96.jpg
Screen-Shot-2015-08-31-at-8.23.46-AM.jpg

She can surf deez nuts

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It depends on what the 5 star QB recruit wants. If winning in college is their end goal, there is no better choice than Alabama right now for a QB. If it is developing into an elite NFL prospect, Saban doesn't have much of a track record with his QB's over 20 years. As was stated -- AJ McCarron is the best of the lot.

That being said -- when you have an OL of NFL players and elite RB's, you don't have to ask your QB to do too much. Especially when you have a defense full of future high NFL draft picks.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your definition of average?

I'm guessing he means they actually have to play in the NFL. AJ McCarron, Greg McElroy, Josh Booty, JaMarcus Russell, Rohan Davey, Matt Mauck, John Parker Wilson, Bill Burke, Tony Banks, Marcus Randall, Blake Simms.

Which one of those guys would you call an average NFL QB?

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't honestly understand why a 5 star QB signs with Bama. 5 star anything else I totally get but when was the last time Saban and Bama developed an elite QB? Plus their system isn't really a QB friendly one. Seems like a lot of better options for a QB. That may be the only position in the field where guys could do a lot better service to themselves by going somewhere else lol

AJ McCarron. Finished 9th in the league last year in QB rating, only 2 points behind Puss Newton.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ McCarron. Finished 9th in the league last year in QB rating, only 2 points behind Puss Newton.

I'm going to guess the 119 pass attempts by McCarron doesn't qualify him for the QB rating. Though he filled in admirably for Andy Dalton, with the exception of the playoff game.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing he means they actually have to play in the NFL. AJ McCarron, Greg McElroy, Josh Booty, JaMarcus Russell, Rohan Davey, Matt Mauck, John Parker Wilson, Bill Burke, Tony Banks, Marcus Randall, Blake Simms.

Which one of those guys would you call an average NFL QB?

Then why the hell does he have schools like Wisconsin(not counting rent a players), Missouri and Va. Tech mentioned? Or Michigan? They haven't produced a good QB since Tom Brady and the coach that "developed" him hasn't been there for 8 years.

There aren't a lot of better options out there. Outside of FSU there really isn't a QB factory right into the NFL.

Like I said earlier his list is a joke.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to guess the 119 pass attempts by McCarron doesn't qualify him for the QB rating. Though he filled in admirably for Andy Dalton, with the exception of the playoff game.

He had the playoff game won. A RB fumbled late then 2 Cincy thugs committed personal fouls that put Pitt in position for the game winning field goal. If you had watched the game you would know this.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep seeing "Bama's system" repeated as if it's this unchangeable phenomenon. I have noticed a good bit of change to Saban's system...a lot more up-tempo, more dual-threat style QB's playing and being recruited. We only recently started hitting on top notch Qb's. They can see that the system is changing in favor of the QB, and the goldmine of WR talent to throw too is likely making them drool.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your definition of average? Also your list of schools you brought up earlier is a joke.
Every single one of those schools has produced higher picks and more NFL success than anyone Saban has coached at QB. Why is this hard to accept? The guy has developed starters at every other position in the NFL but not at QB. That period point blank fact. Sorry if that makes people upset but it's reality.