• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackout - Texans/Bengals

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hate to speak ill of the dead but I agree with Rey. Chris Henry was a thug. The guy had multiple arrests. yes, he assaulted people (didnt he punch somebody at the levee?). He was arrested for brandishing a fire arm while wearing his own jersey. His life ended after a domestic dispute. Yeah, he might've been trying to turn his life around. I dont know. Amy Whinehouse apparently was trying to turn her life around too. Doesnt mean that she wasnt a junkie. The fact of the matter is that if he would've lead his life in a different fashion he'd probably still be alive today. Instead, he's six feet under leaving behind a widow and more fatherless children. Tragic really...

He punched a parking lot attendant in the face for asking for the lousy $5 parking fee.

Servo, you are far more eloquent than I could ever be.

But I would also add that had he not been a professional athlete, he would probably still be alive today as he'd probably have been rotting in jail instead of getting off essentially scott-free due to his stature. Thug sounds about right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
See if that is true I have to be a thug then. With the speakers in my car you can hear me coming from a long way away. All your alls definition of thug seems very 1980's ish.

I never understood the obboxiously loud stereo thing. Why do you have it? I mean is it for you or is it so for other people? Does a normal stereo (say a factory 6 speaker system) not get loud enough? I dont get it.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
To me the difference between a thug and gangster is a gangster is affiliated with a group, or "gang". A gangster will commit the more serious crimes, including armed robbery and such. A thug just lives the lifestyle and fits the profile Servo layed out without the serious crimes and gang affiliations. Essentially, a mini-me version of a gangster pretty much.

CH fits the profile of a thug, through and through.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and in all this classification of thug/gangsta/criminal...white or black, the prerequisite is stupidity.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who here hasn't wanted to punch the pricks at Newport on the Levee?

lol.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... I should have plenty of room to stretch my legs out on Sunday?

:smile:

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no idear.

we'll have a game thread here if you're not an idiot troll like the Pitt fans then feel free to stop in and give your perspective. We're playing like crap lately, but who knows, it might be a good game.

daytonbenglfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Texas Man I will buy you a beer if I see you. It is good karma during th holiday season . Bengals need all the good karma they can get.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the whole giving minors alcohol thing, I highly doubt anyone on here never hit up an older guy or girl to get them beer on a Friday night when they were underage. Hell, I did it on a Tuesday night if I could find someone over 21 that wasn't a parent. When I was a minor, I went to bars and got drunk (gotta love small town bars: "Hey everyone, I'm 21!"..."Wait, haven't you been drinking here for 3 years?") and got drunk with people over 21 at seedy hotels (my cousin's 21st bday, for example).

Also, I've been known to blast my car stereo from time to time. But I only have a factory system, listen to 95% rock, and my town doesn't have a noise ordinance law between sun up and sun down.

I've never had cornrows, but I have had my hair twisted up a few times. And I'm a big guy, so baggy clothes are far more flattering.

No one would ever mistake me for a thug. Generalization is never accurate.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the whole giving minors alcohol thing, I highly doubt anyone on here never hit up an older guy or girl to get them beer on a Friday night when they were underage. Hell, I did it on a Tuesday night if I could find someone over 21 that wasn't a parent. When I was a minor, I went to bars and got drunk (gotta love small town bars: "Hey everyone, I'm 21!"..."Wait, haven't you been drinking here for 3 years?") and got drunk with people over 21 at seedy hotels (my cousin's 21st bday, for example).

I think there is a difference between giving alcohol to minors (under 18) and giving it to someone under 21. An NFL player, should be able to date a grown up, and not have to worry about making moves on high school freshman.

In Germany; however, kids are taught how to drink at an early age. So, obviously, irresponsible drinking is a part of the American experience, so it seems. I remember plenty of people I went to high school with talking about how they "went to a party, everyone got drunk had an orgy and puked their guts out." of course, I don't know how much of that is true but my old band teacher/director broke one of those parties up and it made for a great story on Monday.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I remember at least one high school party like that. I woke up the next morning and went to the bathroom. On my way there I passed a bedroom that had about 5 or 6 butt ass naked chicks passed out on the bed. Too bad I wasn't conscious to see how that happened.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think there is a difference between giving alcohol to minors (under 18) and giving it to someone under 21. An NFL player, should be able to date a grown up, and not have to worry about making moves on high school freshman.

In Germany; however, kids are taught how to drink at an early age. So, obviously, irresponsible drinking is a part of the American experience, so it seems. I remember plenty of people I went to high school with talking about how they "went to a party, everyone got drunk had an orgy and puked their guts out." of course, I don't know how much of that is true but my old band teacher/director broke one of those parties up and it made for a great story on Monday.

My buddy Matt is in the Army and was stationed in Germany for a time. He said that legal drinking age is 16, and when he would go to bars, there would be a ton of 15 and 16 year old girls in there. Said it scared the shit out of him, and he was afraid to hit on anybody.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My buddy Matt is in the Army and was stationed in Germany for a time. He said that legal drinking age is 16, and when he would go to bars, there would be a ton of 15 and 16 year old girls in there. Said it scared the shit out of him, and he was afraid to hit on anybody.

I'd say so! lol

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I remember at least one high school party like that. I woke up the next morning and went to the bathroom. On my way there I passed a bedroom that had about 5 or 6 butt ass naked chicks passed out on the bed. Too bad I wasn't conscious to see how that happened.

Reminds me of those commercials "you ain't got no camera, you ain't got no camera"