• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackout - Texans/Bengals

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't mind the blackouts any more, especially when I can access the games easily from my computer......like being seated in the "first row"....

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm outside of the blackout zone, so they don't affect me. Blackouts are stupid anyway.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh..have you seen the guys on our roster the last 5 years?

That's what makes us qualified to tell if a player is a true POS or not.

If anyone would know...it would be us.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To be fair every NFL roster is chock full of scumbags and morons. It's always funny when fans of certain teams act like their organizations only draft boyscouts. They're delusuional...

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you also need to keep in perspective what some of these guys actually did.

weed turning up in a home you own, but don't live at. suspect, but weed shouldn't be illegal and it was his brothers.

Benson hits his boyfriend... it's a domestic dispute, hard to tell what actually transpired up to that point.

We saw, on live TV, Suh stomping on another player, and then acting like it was the other guys fault that his chest stayed in the path of his angry stomp....

he's a delusional 300+lbs brat.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget...Chris Henry was arrested for failing to use his turn signal while down town.

(r.i.p.)

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Henry's low point for me was somewhere between dui and giving alcohol to teens.

But, I believe he was trying to better himself but was already in deep with a very emotional woman. At his end, he was making steps to grow up and take responsibility, in his death he saved the lives of 4 people.

With that said, he was still a better man than the classless assholes who cowardly claim he was a thug, long after he's dead. RIP #15.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The only difference between him and any other thug is he played for your favorite football team. Personally, I don't allow that to cloud my judgment. To each their own I guess.

Just as I would call any other random deceased thug for what he was, I won't hesitate to do the same for Henry, despite my "connection" to him through the Bengals.

That doesn't make me classless, only a realist.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only difference between him and any other thug is he played for your favorite football team. Personally, I don't allow that to cloud my judgment. To each their own I guess.

Just as I would call any other random deceased thug for what he was, I won't hesitate to do the same for Henry, despite my "connection" to him through the Bengals.

And that's where you're wrong. Spin it however you like, but trying to deny the fact(s) given that he was doing his best to change his life is wrong, unless you knew the guy personally...which I'm willing to bet you didn't.

So, like the rest of us, all you have to go on is what others were saying at the time, and that is he was working hard to change things for the better.

It does happen you know. People change. The rest of us on here keep waiting for that moment in your life, but it doesn't look like it's coming anytime soon, eh?

daytonbenglfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

How exactly was he a thug? Please explain oh wise one. Don't remember him ever hurting anyone. What is your definition of thug?

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hate to speak ill of the dead but I agree with Rey. Chris Henry was a thug. The guy had multiple arrests. yes, he assaulted people (didnt he punch somebody at the levee?). He was arrested for brandishing a fire arm while wearing his own jersey. His life ended after a domestic dispute. Yeah, he might've been trying to turn his life around. I dont know. Amy Whinehouse apparently was trying to turn her life around too. Doesnt mean that she wasnt a junkie. The fact of the matter is that if he would've lead his life in a different fashion he'd probably still be alive today. Instead, he's six feet under leaving behind a widow and more fatherless children. Tragic really...

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to speak ill of the dead but I agree with Rey. Chris Henry was a thug. The guy had multiple arrests. yes, he assaulted people (didnt he punch somebody at the levee?). He was arrested for brandishing a fire arm while wearing his own jersey. His life ended after a domestic dispute. Yeah, he might've been trying to turn his life around. I dont know. Amy Whinehouse apparently was trying to turn her life around too. Doesnt mean that she wasnt a junkie. The fact of the matter is that if he would've lead his life in a different fashion he'd probably still be alive today. Instead, he's six feet under leaving behind a widow and more fatherless children. Tragic really...

Didn't they find severe trauma in his brain...some kind of disorder. I remember them saying that he probably wouldn't have lived much longer than his 30's due to the injuries he had sustained playing football...

I could be way off base, but I do remember something about this.

The guy was rough, there's no doubt about it. But, for the most part, his indescretions were triffling compared to what I would consider a "thug". Giving minors aclohol, boo hoo. He had a gun, lots of non "thug" people do as well. Did he make smart decisions? No, but I don't think that means he was a thug. It also didn't help that he was arrested once or twice by city cops only to be let off later after they were found to be "watching" him because of his "profile".

Good 'ol Cincy cops. You can always count on them to watch the black folk.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
First of all a grown man has no business spending time with teenage girls and providing them with alcohol in a seedy hotel room. I wouldt call that 'thug' behavior...I'd call it being a creep. As far as his other offenses it seemed like a bi-monthly thing. Substance abuse, guns, drugs etc. yeah, plenty of people have fire arms that are not thugs. However, if you bring a gun to a nightclub you default into the thug category in my book. It's subjective. So was a ruthless gangster that killed people? No. Was he a guy that fully embraced thug life? IMO yes. Yes he was.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Vance. Idiot? Yes. Absolute Moron? Yes. Thug? Eh not so much.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You guys must have a different defintion of thug than I do...

corn rows-check
baggy clothes-check
neck tattoo/multiple tattoos-check
loves to smoke weed-check
loves guns and probably couldnt hit the broad side of a barn-check
loves hip hop-check
rap sheet (assault, drugs, domestic violence, guns)-check
best friend of pacman jones-check

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having corn rows does not make you a thug. I know a lot of guys that have them. That is very.....stereotypical. Baggy clothes again do not...I wear baggy clothes and have multiple tattoos. Again stereotypical. Again I know people who smoke weed. I love hip hop. I also know people who love guns. The only thing slightly thuggish is the rap sheet. even that doesn't make you a thug, but a moron.