• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blackhawks 2014-15 Season Thread

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting tid bit.
Blackhawks divided over locker-room fight, personal issues: Reports | Puck Daddy - Yahoo Sports

I guess we see if any of the regulars have a few cuts or bruises on their faces tonight. Certainly something to look for.

Well, there have been multiple rumors recently about possible trades with Sharp's name attached, so I can't say I'm surprised by this. Unrelated, a couple of names being connected to the Hawks today: Curtis Glencross and Kimmo Timonen.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a report that the Hawks are denying there was a locker room fight.

AI, you bring up a great point about Sharp. Richards could be the collateral damage. But I also worry about guys that are caught up in this latest scoring slump - guys like Shaw and Bickell.

And I would love to see Kessel here. But he's the Leafs' leading scorer so I doubt he gets traded.

As for Kane missing time... I can be a harsh critic of Kane (as you may know). But he's not a two-way player and rarely does the mucking and grinding. I appreciate what he's done to help the Hawks win. But the way the Hawks are built, I feel they can be as competitive without Kane.

I just hope they all snap out of their scoring drought.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really fun game, hawks hitting early and often, fourth line did a real nice job tonite, with that pressure you wonder why they worry about smitty scoring. so many little things get done with that line. cumiskey had a great game, saved a goal by closing out an open net. real interesting D lineup, guess Q wanted to save Rosie for Tampa in the back to back games. this is the youth and vet lineup that sure looks good enough, but my bet is bowman still gets a veteran.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard rumors that the divide is between Keith and Sharp.

Just rumors, nothing I've read supports that claim.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, nice game tonight. Really liked how we played.

Next up, Tampa. Who's in net? Crawford or Darling?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard rumors that the divide is between Keith and Sharp.

Just rumors, nothing I've read supports that claim.

This morning I heard the only known disagreement was over the summer. This bad NFL insider waited for a juicy time. Stan said they were close to a deal. He never does that. This was before the Score nhl insider was on. Just agreed there are alot of teams trying to move payroll now, so our hope of someone paying a bunch of the money might not work. It will depend on the prospects.

Hopefully Teuvo gets some PP time soon. It was pretty bad during that 5-3.

I love how the team played. It seemed maybe there were locker room altercations and the team decided lets go take it out on the other team for once. Thought Jimmy Hayes was gonna drop gloves a few times. This is the edge they need during the playoffs. Bickell might have heard his name mentioned in a deal because he was hitting everybody near a puck. The forecheck by the third and fourth lines was outstanding.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there have been multiple rumors recently about possible trades with Sharp's name attached, so I can't say I'm surprised by this. Unrelated, a couple of names being connected to the Hawks today: Curtis Glencross and Kimmo Timonen.

Timonen down, Glencross to go.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as good as it was yesterday, that bad today. Teuvo with a turnover, but Keith was giving the puck away badly.
Timonen was just cleared to play from the blood clots in his leg and both lungs. He is gonna be 40. Johnny Oduya moved to long term injured reserve. TVR should be ready in the next few games as well. gave up a second next year and conditional fourth the following year, Timonen will retire after the season. Team loves the vets.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erixson put on waivers today. Guess that was a waste of Morin.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vermette to chicago for Klas Dahlbeck and 2015 first round pick. Vermette also UFA after this season currently 3.75 hit.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vermette to chicago for Klas Dahlbeck and 2015 first round pick. Vermette also UFA after this season currently 3.75 hit.

I like it. Vermette was discussed quite some time ago, but the Kane injury probably led to the Hawks being willing to include a 1st.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if it mattered if Kane was injured or not. Richards has not worked as the second line center, this move was just made easier with Kaners injury. Otherwise it would probably include releasing Richards.

Just hope tomorrow night has Teuvo centering the third line with Shaw and Bickell continuing to wreak havoc and Richards as the healthy scratch. Still dont think they will slide Teuvo to kaners spot, but that eventually will need to come if the scoring drought is not changed.

All honesty, it shows the Hawks love for the veterans. Giving up next years (well this years) first, second and 2016 fourth rounders for two guys with expiring deals, one absolutely retiring next year, the other probably will get a 6 million plus offer from elsewhere will still have this team by the pubes eventually. But in a way, its making a run and clearing payroll at the same time.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Vermette deal. I like it better than Glencross (who was dealt to the Caps).

Hopefully Vermette is just as pumped and his excitement motivates the est of the team.

Just wonder if there might be another deal in the works before the deadline ends Monday at 2pm cst?

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks still talking with other teams about Raanta. Edmonton seems to be pursuing him pretty hard.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Vermette deal. I like it better than Glencross (who was dealt to the Caps).

Hopefully Vermette is just as pumped and his excitement motivates the est of the team.

Just wonder if there might be another deal in the works before the deadline ends Monday at 2pm cst?

I didnt like what I read about Vermette crying in the locker room after his last game with the Coyotes. Hopefully that means he pours his heart and soul into the team, but he knows he is on hopefully a 19 game run plus hopefully a long playoff run to get ready for his next contract. Lets hope he snaps out of it.

Raanta might get us back a pick, I really like how the team played in front of him, but like it was posted here, if it gets to a shootout you might think about bringing in the other goalie cold.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks trade F Ben Smith to SJ for F Andrew Desjardins. Don't really understand it. Adding a little toughness?

Hawks talking with Ottawa about D Eric Gryba.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did they waive Carcillo too then? Sometimes it seems Bowmans want to be bigger than this team. Gotta manipulate the roster and lose one of our top PK guys.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they plan to use Vermette on both PP and PK like he did in Arizona so I guess he was replacable. Another cleared spot for next year. also giving the sharks a 7th round pick

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt like what I read about Vermette crying in the locker room after his last game with the Coyotes. Hopefully that means he pours his heart and soul into the team,

Didn't read the crying article but...
Maybe there are other reasons he cried?
  • He went from leading the Yotes in points to 6th on the Hawks.
  • He's leaving 65 degree temps for mid-teens.
  • He was thinking of the llamas he won't get to pet.
  • Maybe they're tears of joy for landing on a Cup-possible team.
  • Or grateful he can eat all the pizza, Italian beef and cheesecake he wants.
  • Sad he missed Lady Gaga take the polar plunge.
  • Was upset of Minnie Minoso's passing.
  • Was upset over Leonard Nimoy's passing.