• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever (2022)

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rihanna "Life Me Up" song from soundtrack:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Namor featurette:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really good. So, so much better than Black Adam a month ago.

Namor and the Atlanteans/Talokanil were awesome.

First use of the word "mutant" in the MCU! (Ms. Marvel came close, but only used the word "mutation" rather than "mutant.")

I liked them bringing Killmonger back unredeemed; he still believes all the same things.

I liked the reveal of la Contessa as Everett's ex-wife and the Director of the CIA.

But disappointed that the rumors of the second post-credits scene were untrue. There is no second post-credits scene:

No Doctor Doom. :( Which is really disappointing, because it would have made so much sense for him to have been the mastermind behind Lake Bell's expedition, and it would start building him up and give him such a menacing, mysterious presence if he has been behind not only this but also was the still-unrevealed buyer from Ant-Man 2.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Movie was solid, very enjoyable but a little bloated. They didn't really do much of anything with Contessa. It also felt more like it was setting up more stuff to be addressed later than to actually be a more contained movie, so its suffered a bit in that respect (but not enough to make it unenjoyable). The better MCU movies can stand on their own while also advancing stories/characters/etc for other projects and this one doesn't quite stick the landing.

Also, about the post-credit scene, I can see where this is heading. They're definitely doing a time jump, probably around or after Secret Wars to where Little T'Challa will take the Black Panther role and basically reboot the BP, telling all the stories they wanted to tell before Chadwick Boseman died. I doubt we see Shuri much beyond some cameos and supporting roles until then.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Movie was solid, very enjoyable but a little bloated. They didn't really do much of anything with Contessa. It also felt more like it was setting up more stuff to be addressed later than to actually be a more contained movie, so its suffered a bit in that respect (but not enough to make it unenjoyable). The better MCU movies can stand on their own while also advancing stories/characters/etc for other projects and this one doesn't quite stick the landing.

Also, about the post-credit scene, I can see where this is heading. They're definitely doing a time jump, probably around or after Secret Wars to where Little T'Challa will take the Black Panther role and basically reboot the BP, telling all the stories they wanted to tell before Chadwick Boseman died. I doubt we see Shuri much beyond some cameos and supporting roles until then.
Not sure why you think Shuri will be buried. The actress did a very good job and is quite attractive. Sure, the CHARACTER is a bit meh, but when you have an unknown actress carry a movie like she did with this, I think you need to try to invest in that.

I also think they will develop the kid into being the T’Challa from the comics rather than Boseman’s T’Challa. With Kang coming in, maybe they will pull him into the “current” timeline from the future?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really only had 2 complaints about the movie…

1) Re Re. I knew she would be brought in eventually, but I have always hated the character. Nothing in particular about THIS Re Re. Just the character in general.

2) WAY too long. They could have shaved off 45-60 mins and had a more solid story.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too many women.