• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever (2022)

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aztec, not Mayan, but yeah, Mesoamerican.

Namor concept art for the movie:

77mt7trce9991.jpg

That's a cool concept, ngl.

Mayan would have made a bit more sense, since Aztecs lived mostly on highlands, but the concept is nice.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a cool concept, ngl.

Mayan would have made a bit more sense, since Aztecs lived mostly on highlands, but the concept is nice.

It's because according to Aztec myth, the Aztec people migrated to central Mexico from a legendary homeland called Aztlan.

There are some theories, popular though rejected by mainstream historians, that Aztlan is Atlantis.

So Marvel is just using that legend as a basis for this film.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New trailer:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New poster: Wakandans vs. Atlanteans:

svsdf6oq9lr91.jpg

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it's been pretty much confirmed that Shuri will be the new black panther, I guess they are doing away with the tradition of having Wakanda's leader having to earn his/her position through hand-to-hand combat, even after making such a big deal of it on the previous movie.

Anyway, this looks good.

Last edited:

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it's been pretty much confirmed that Shuri will be the new black panther, I guess they are doing away with the tradition of having Wakanda's leader having to earn his/her position through hand-to-hand combat, even after making such a big deal of it on the previous movie.

Anyway, this looks good.
this is how she got there in the comics

Barely alive, the king returned to Wakanda before his wife, Queen Ororo, took over leadership duties and immediately nominated Shuri to become the next Black Panther.

The princess then focused her efforts on proving her worth by completing a series of challenges. She walked barefoot across fire, meditated for hours in a scorpion pit, and even free-climbed the mountain that was home to the heart-shaped herbs... Herbs that happened to be surrounded by a pride of panthers.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is how she got there in the comics

Barely alive, the king returned to Wakanda before his wife, Queen Ororo, took over leadership duties and immediately nominated Shuri to become the next Black Panther.

The princess then focused her efforts on proving her worth by completing a series of challenges. She walked barefoot across fire, meditated for hours in a scorpion pit, and even free-climbed the mountain that was home to the heart-shaped herbs... Herbs that happened to be surrounded by a pride of panthers.

I'm not familiar with the comics, but from what you are saying, I'm guessing that Queen Ororo will become Wakanda's leader after T'Challa's passing?

Also it's possible that the black panther and the King of Wakanda are not necessarily the same person, with one person being able to hold the leadership position, while another one takes the suit and hero position. With T'Challa and his dad, one person held both positions.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not familiar with the comics, but from what you are saying, I'm guessing that Queen Ororo will become Wakanda's leader after T'Challa's passing?

Also it's possible that the black panther and the King of Wakanda are not necessarily the same person, with one person being able to hold the leadership position, while another one takes the suit and hero position. With T'Challa and his dad, one person held both positions.
I don't think they are going to have Queen Ororo as that is Storm from X-Men and they never got to where Storm and Black Panther married in the MCU. T'Challa had a lover in the MCU but they were never married.

I guess we will have to see how they work around that

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they are going to have Queen Ororo as that is Storm from X-Men and they never got to where Storm and Black Panther married in the MCU. T'Challa had a lover in the MCU but they were never married.

I guess we will have to see how they work around that

Got it, got my names mixed up and didn't realize that you were talking about Storm. By the queen, I meant T'Challa's mother, Angela Bassett's character, don't remember her name. She would be the natural person to assume at least a temporary leadership position after T'Challa's passing.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it, got my names mixed up and didn't realize that you were talking about Storm. By the queen, I meant T'Challa's mother, Angela Bassett's character, don't remember her name. She would be the natural person to assume at least a temporary leadership position after T'Challa's passing.
I guess we will see. Maybe Shuri assumes the role of queen or she takes it when she proves she is worthy of the Black Panther mantle.

there were rumors of Kilmonger coming back but he ded.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will see. Maybe Shuri assumes the role of queen or she takes it when she proves she is worthy of the Black Panther mantle.

there were rumors of Kilmonger coming back but he ded.

Killmonger was a great character, but his arc is done.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you never know with comics...many characters have been brought back

but yea, he's done.

Shame they couldn't establish Storm in the MCU before Chadwick died.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could introduce him again with a variant.

One reason why I hate the concept of the multi-verse and why I don’t read comics.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyway, this looks good.
The movie looks good, but the cultural mechanics from the first BP look muddled at best or cast aside at worst.

It does look mixed up. For exmaple, in Civil War, T'challa was the BP, but his father, T'chaka, was king. Which one had to fight? Was the fight ritual about who was BP or who was king or both?

And IIRC, the whole fight thing was based on a challenge system, where there was no fight unless someone challenged the current champion. With Shuri being the BP, would she be the first BP that hasn't had to earn the title through combat? It'll be interesting to see how they explain away what appeared to be a firmly ingrained ritual.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The movie looks good, but the cultural mechanics from the first BP look muddled at best or cast aside at worst.

It does look mixed up. For exmaple, in Civil War, T'challa was the BP, but his father, T'chaka, was king. Which one had to fight? Was the fight ritual about who was BP or who was king or both?

And IIRC, the whole fight thing was based on a challenge system, where there was no fight unless someone challenged the current champion. With Shuri being the BP, would she be the first BP that hasn't had to earn the title through combat? It'll be interesting to see how they explain away what appeared to be a firmly ingrained ritual.
T'Challa didn't fight his dad for the mantle of Black Panther. His father died and T'Challa became king of Wakanda, but he handed the mantle down.

In 2009, his father would pass the mantle of Black Panther to T'Challa after reaching a certain age.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could introduce him again with a variant.

One reason why I hate the concept of the multi-verse and why I don’t read comics.

To their credit, they haven't used these loopholes in the MCU main timeline yet (but they did bring back a couple of dead characters from previous Spiderman movies in No Way Home). If they bring back dead characters, they cheapen the deaths.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To their credit, they haven't used these loopholes in the MCU main timeline yet (but they did bring back a couple of dead characters from previous Spiderman movies in No Way Home). If they bring back dead characters, they cheapen the deaths.
The multi-verse aspect is very new in the MCU. Prof X in MoM was not the same Prof X from the X movies, for example. Neither was Blackbolt the same from the MCU universe, even though it was the same actor. I do not put it past them to bring characters back via variants.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marvel really needs this to be a top tier movie(and I think it will be great).

Right now phase 4 everything has been dragging for so many people myself included between the movies and the one million disney shows.

Main reasons(at least for me but seems to be most others as well) are all the new characters, the multi verse and how messy it makes things at times and biggest of all, these movies are trying to be like 80% comedy now.

WF seems to be waaaaaaaaay more grounded. Hopefully minimial time travel stuff and definitely more well placed comedy and a true drama/action epic. We need a good one.

Cause up next are Antman and Gurdians both I am looking forward to as established MCU properties, but both will heavily incorporate multiverse/comedy as well so I'd like WF to be awesome first. Then hope the established franchises can carry the multiverse into a more interesting direction.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deleted scene of T'challa's funeral in Thor: Love and Thunder

Coffin Dancing GIF

WF looks to be really dignified, and looks really good. I hope they stick the landing with Shuri's coronation and / or taking of the BP's mantle.