• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest Oscars / Academy Awards Snubs

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I don't remember Unforgiven (1993 Oscars) very well, but A Few Good Men was fucking awesome.

You should check it out. It was an instant classic of the genre. A Few Good Men was a very good flick but I think they got this one right.

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Oscars have become a political forum which has turned off many Americans. Thus the decline in ratings.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should check it out. It was an instant classic of the genre. A Few Good Men was a very good flick but I think they got this one right.
Unforgiven is one of my favorite movies of all time.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1978 Animal House should have won Best Picture along with John Belushi for Best Actor
1980 Caddyshack for Best Picture along with Rodney Dangerfield, Bill Murray, or Chevy Chase for Best Actor

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe that Stanley Kubrick didn't pick up anything for his run of brilliance, much like Hitchcock and Scorsese (until he got a 'lifetime' reward).

Looking at it now, it's pretty amazing that The Godfather only picked up 3 awards, when it is considered by many as the greatest movie of all time. Al Pacino should've been an Academy Award winner one of those first two films.

Citizen Kane not picking up Best Picture is another one that comes to mind.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe that Stanley Kubrick didn't pick up anything for his run of brilliance, much like Hitchcock and Scorsese (until he got a 'lifetime' reward).

Looking at it now, it's pretty amazing that The Godfather only picked up 3 awards, when it is considered by many as the greatest movie of all time. Al Pacino should've been an Academy Award winner one of those first two films.

Citizen Kane not picking up Best Picture is another one that comes to mind.

I have only seen a handful of Kubrick films but.... his films are really weird lol to put it nicely. Personally, looking at his Director credits, I don't see any films on there that I think should have won Best Picture, but that's me.

Being perfect honest, there haven't been many films recently that I think were good enough for Best Picture... but theres a winner every year.

I understand the way in which Citizen Kane changed or evolved filmmaking, but the movie is boring as all hell. Very slow and no real pay off in my opinion. For Orson Welles, I prefer The Third Man.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think Birdman is pretty good, but I think Grand Budapest Hotel was the best movie on that list that year. Easy in my all time top 5. I think it has excellent use of dialogue, writing, acting, directing, use of color, etc.

Movie is funny as hell and ironically, it was my first glimpse into a Wes Anderson film. I never watched his films before because they looked so weird, but since I have seen many. Most are ok, not bad, but Grand Budapest Hotel is excellent in my opinion.

Whiplash was also nominated that year and that was a really good movie as well. JK Simmons deserved that win. But I would still take GBH over Whiplash.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Brolin as thanos.

Robbery.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have only seen a handful of Kubrick films but.... his films are really weird lol to put it nicely. Personally, looking at his Director credits, I don't see any films on there that I think should have won Best Picture, but that's me.

Being perfect honest, there haven't been many films recently that I think were good enough for Best Picture... but theres a winner every year.

I understand the way in which Citizen Kane changed or evolved filmmaking, but the movie is boring as all hell. Very slow and no real pay off in my opinion. For Orson Welles, I prefer The Third Man.

There's never been a rule that says what movies people have to like.

I think Kubrick is an awesome director even if he has directed some "wierd" movies.

Here are some of my favorites. You might like some of these...

Spartacus
Paths of Glory
Dr Strangelove
Full Metal Jacket
The Shining
A Clockwork Orange

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's never been a rule that says what movies people have to like.

I think Kubrick is an awesome director even if he has directed some "wierd" movies.

Here are some of my favorites. You might like some of these...

Spartacus
Paths of Glory
Dr Strangelove
Full Metal Jacket
The Shining
A Clockwork Orange

Dr Strangelove & A Clockwork Orange were both superior to the winners those years (My Fair Lady & The French Connection) and Rex Harrison over Peter Sellers for Best Actor in 1964 was an absolute travesty. Speaking of Kubrick & Sellers, you should check out Lolita if you haven't seen it.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dr Strangelove & A Clockwork Orange were both superior to the winners those years (My Fair Lady & The French Connection) and Rex Harrison over Peter Sellers for Best Actor in 1964 was an absolute travesty. Speaking of Kubrick & Sellers, you should check out Lolita if you haven't seen it.

I think so but both of those winners were more mainstream and were good in their own right. Dr Strangelove is one of my favorite films but it's aged a good deal with all the Cold War humor.