• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest asshole in MLB history

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still was an AHole though. Just not a murderous, racist, psychopath.

Murderous almost certainly not, nor psychopath. But the dude was a world class Grand Wizard level racist.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murderous almost certainly not, nor psychopath. But the dude was a world class Grand Wizard level racist.
Not really.

He was one of the biggest supporters of the integration of baseball. And openly spoke up about it.

Charles Leershsen recently wrote a biography, and actually bothered to do his research instead of just going with myth. Most all of the "racist" portions of previous books was hearsay and fluff to sell copies.

Still a hot tempered dickhead that took no shit from anyone, ever. But no monster.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.

He was one of the biggest supporters of the integration of baseball. And openly spoke up about it.

Charles Leershsen recently wrote a biography, and actually bothered to do his research instead of just going with myth. Most all of the "racist" portions of previous books was hearsay and fluff to sell copies.

Still a hot tempered dickhead that took no shit from anyone, ever. But no monster.

I didn't know he was a supporter of integration, but remember the whole country was way more racist (the president at the time Woodrow Wilson was a notorious one). So no not a monster but let's not give him an NAACP award just yet.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know he was a supporter of integration, but remember the whole country was way more racist (the president at the time Woodrow Wilson was a notorious one). So no not a monster but let's not give him an NAACP award just yet.
Well yeah, it's all relative. Our place in time affects how we think and who we are. Branch Rickey went after an untapped talent pool and he's a fucking hero played by Han Solo. Reality gets skewed by those telling the story.

That shit movie with Tommy Lee Jones is mostly made up garbage too.

But don't get me wrong, I'm certain TRC was an ass.

Moodswing3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest asshole in MLB history is
RANDY JOHNSON!!!
I was batboy for the West Palm Beach EXPOS, they were the Single A Team for the Montreal Expos. I was a 13 yr old with extra baby fat and he made sure to point that out. The whole season all he called me was FatBoy, FatAss, LardAss mainly FATBOY. He’s such an asshole that when I received my Brand New Nike Cleats with Metal Spikes . My first pair , I was the happiest kid until i look up and RANDY JOHNSON took scissors and cut my shoe laces in half and laughed and told me Fat Kids don’t deserve metal cleats. I was so upset when Brian Holman, Norm Charltin and Kent Bachman to name a few told me to get him back. So I did. I went around the clubhouse and collected all the Chewing Tobacco Spit Cups , poured them into 1 cup . I waited until he wasn’t in the clubhouse and I poured all the Spit into ALL His SHOES , ALL his Shoes. When he put his foot into his Dress Shoe, the look on his face as his toes and foot slid into the Spit was Priceless. The previously mentioned players and others made it clear, he was to not treat me and the other batboys like shit anymore.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Cobb, not even close. A despicable racist.

Buggest asshole in modern times?

ARod is up there.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has nobody said Canseco yet?

That dude is an asshole.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Albert Belle. He flicked Indians fans off when he played for Cleveland.

Nobody liked that asshole

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s an asshole.

Not a despicable racist, Joanie.

Its a good thing you took the time to defend “Ty Cobb the asshole,” from being mislabeled as “Ty Cobb the despicable racist.”

All the other racist assholes out there thank you for your service, Karen.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a good thing you took the time to defend “Ty Cobb the asshole,” from being mislabeled as “Ty Cobb the despicable racist.”

Really strange to see Ty Cobb be defended like that, tbh. Great player, but a jackass who by most accounts remained a jackass.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read up on Al Stump. The majority of what that guy wrote about Cobb was pure fiction.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a Michigan guy so I guess he thinks he has to

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, a quick google does turn up a lot of discussion about that rep of Cobb's being inaccurate, and from many sources not just the usual white lament ones.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read up on Al Stump. The majority of what that guy wrote about Cobb was pure fiction.

You are not kidding. I had never heard of Stump and even just with a quick read, he is a complete FRAUD. That's trash journalism and fake news before anyone ever did that.

Stump spent 3 weeks with Cobb in a year towards the end of his life and basically claimed to be the foremost expert on him.