• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest asshole in MLB history

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to spend Monday and Tuesday in Cooperstown. Stopped in a couple of card shops and the conversation turned to biggest assholes.

Bonds
Griffey, jr.
McGriff
Garciaparra

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger Hornsby has to be up there.
I believe he was in an argument with Dave Bancroft and suddenly punched him in the face...when asked why, he said, "Well, I wasn't getting anywhere talking to him."
As a manager, he had his players go to the front office to complain that he wouldn't stop peeing in the shower when other people were using it. He was given a car as part of a special day for him when he was managing in the minors, and his remarks to the crowd consisted of, "The car is nice...now get it off the field so we can play the damned game."
When he was out of baseball and twice divorced, Rogers was living with a woman and somehow using her to hide money from his ex-wives. Once she figured out she was not going to become Mrs. Rogers Hornsby, she committed suicide by jumping off the roof of a building. Hornsby's comment upon viewing the body to ID it was, "Oh...she must have landed on her face."
Hornsby wrote an autobiography that consisted of about 15 pages describing his career and over 100 talking about how bad ballplayers of that time were compared to those of his day. Quite possibly the worst book I have ever read.

Strangely enough, Hornsby ended up running a children's baseball instruction program for the Chicago Park District and was much beloved in that role...he was kind and patient with kids in a way he refused to display with adults. Ted Williams also thought Rogers was aces and credited him for a key piece of hitting advice..."get a good ball to hit."
HornsbyBook_.jpg
This is a really good book if you are interested in the man.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to spend Monday and Tuesday in Cooperstown. Stopped in a couple of card shops and the conversation turned to biggest assholes.

Bonds
Griffey, jr.
McGriff
Garciaparra
Take it back.... TAKE IT BACK!!!

14546902.gif

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curt Shilling. John Rocker. Ty Cobb.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
denny mclain, john rocker, Milton Bradley, chad Curtis, mel hall, julio machado, and lenny dykstra

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cobb allegedly killed a dude and was a racist too. Where is Jose Canseco? I'd also add Kirk Gibson. When he played for LA I saw him on several occassions tell kids who wanted his autograph off.

Dude really!? EVERYONE was racist back then. Give me an f'ing break. That's like bashing the Duck Dynasty guy for getting after gay people. Were you REALLY SURPRISED? Guy grew up going to church and being told that was an abomination... he's 70 years of age and we're supposed to act like it's a SHOCK!? Un f'ing believable. The political correctness of this douche ass society is astounding these days.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Gibson is an asshole. So is Miguel Montero, but of the sanctimonious variety. Jeff Kent was/is a douche, I loved him and Barry Bonds on the same team. That was glorious.

This thread needs more Carlos Zambrano.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude really!? EVERYONE was racist back then. Give me an f'ing break. That's like bashing the Duck Dynasty guy for getting after gay people. Were you REALLY SURPRISED? Guy grew up going to church and being told that was an abomination... he's 70 years of age and we're supposed to act like it's a SHOCK!? Un f'ing believable. The political correctness of this douche ass society is astounding these days.

The amazing thing about Duck Dynasty is that anybody bothers to record anything that comes out of their mouths. Their views are about as expected and nobody should be surprised or especially offended, but why are they news? We should ask the turkey calls makers what they think next.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Piazza went into (great) detail about his back acne in his book, Long Shot, that he wrote a couple years ago.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does that dude know if Piazza has acne on his back? Sick fuck.

Murray Chass has been beating this drum for over a decade now. Chass is a total assclown.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but what about Milton Bradley? :)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to name a few of mine:
Albert Belle
Ryan Braun
Barry Bonds
Mike Piazza
Maury Wills
Milton Bradley
Darryl Strawberry (but i give him a bit of a pass because he was battling substance abuse problems)
AJ Pierzynski
Reggie Jackson

Notice Ty Cobb isn't on the list. Even though i hate the guy, I do admire his drive and passion to play the game, even if he was a little fixated on individual statistics versus his team play. I wish we had more players with his passion on the Phillies today.

I have a list added to most of the OP's list:

Ozzie Guillen
Jose Canseco
Ty Cobb
George Brett
A-Roid
David Ortiz
Milton Bradley
Ryan Braun
Prince Fielder (when he played on the Tigers)
A.J. Pierzynski
Dustin Pedroia
John Rocker (big mouth)
Mike Schmidt
Albert Belle
Pete Rose
Barry Bonds
Chuck Knoblauch
Roger Clemens
Josh Hamilton

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Pete Rose is the biggest asshole. Gambling aside, he was a prick. Cobb was probably a bigger prick, but played in a different time when you could get away with that..

Rocker is a close 2nd.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chuck Knoblauch- he actually hit a fan