• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big12 Thread

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 3 QB, RB duo in the BigXII

1. OU, Riley development at QB, followed by his offensive play calling. Then add the only, twice proven 1000 rusher. Behind one of the best Oline in CFB.

2. Okielite. Hubbard is just to good. Plus they have a better Oline, then texASS.

3. texASS, solid talent but a average to below average Oline.
well Texas line held okie light in check last season..

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet elite kids still rather go to Austin than Norman.. so what's y'alls excuse?

I think it's at least three things. First of all, there is more 9/10 coochie walking around on the UT campus than there is in the whole state of Oklahoma. Secondly, you can pretty much do any damn thing you want to do in Austin including sexual perversion, drugs and political advocacy;Austin is wide open. And third, it's easier to get lost in a big city like Austin instead of a smaller town like Norman where it's pretty hard to lay low if you want to be alone. Those are things that are important to kids. If Norman offered those advantages, recruiting at Texas would drop like a rock.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's at least three things. First of all, there is more 9/10 coochie walking around on the UT campus than there is in the whole state of Oklahoma. Secondly, you can pretty much do any damn thing you want to do in Austin including sexual perversion, drugs and political advocacy;Austin is wide open. And third, it's easier to get lost in a big city like Austin instead of a smaller town like Norman where it's pretty hard to lay low if you want to be alone. Those are things that are important to kids. If Norman offered those advantages, recruiting at Texas would drop like a rock.
well one thing Norman definitely has.. is a safe haven for players who have character issues.

She was asking for it--ou slogan.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well one thing Norman definitely has.. is a safe haven for players who have character issues.

She was asking for it--ou slogan.

Aw shit. You're setting me up to say what I really think but I don't want to get kicked off this board. Thanks, friend. :tsk:

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet elite kids still rather go to Austin than Norman.. so what's y'alls excuse?

Just so I have this right, you are predicting Texas to be 2020 B12 champs?(That’s Winning the champ game)

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so I have this right, you are predicting Texas to be 2020 B12 champs?(That’s Winning the champ game)
well I am because I think they will win every season, however that's not where I was getting at. Texas sucks, kids go there to die, etc etc etc... Yet they still get elite kids to commit in Austin year after year, despite losing to MD twice and barely beating KU at home last season.

So what's ou's excuse for not recruiting at a much higher level since they dominated the conference for the past decade?

If Texas is doing this with Herman limping around.. what's gonna happen once he actually figures/stumbles into doing it?

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I am because I think they will win every season, however that's not where I was getting at. Texas sucks, kids go there to die, etc etc etc... Yet they still get elite kids to commit in Austin year after year, despite losing to MD twice and barely beating KU at home last season.

So what's ou's excuse for not recruiting at a much higher level since they dominated the conference for the past decade?

If Texas is doing this with Herman limping around.. what's gonna happen once he actually figures/stumbles into doing it?

OK, now you're saying what I've been saying for 5 years. WTF is going on when Herman can recruit better players than Riley when Texas sucks and OU is winning conference championships like nobody's business? My opinion is Riley's weak when it comes to judging defensive talent and he is the Jedi Master when it comes to judging offensive talent which he molds into a monster so we can win games 51-48. Yeah we have a new D Coordinator who is improving things but OU is so far away from being what it used to be on D that it kills us when we hit the playoffs. Kids see this stuff. Given UT's natural advantages over OU, the recruiting only has to tilt a few degrees and bingo! A lot of talent defaults to Austin. Riley needs to win a NC with some D making the difference and we'll be back to where Barry Switzer was vacuuming up talent anywhere he wanted to get it in Texas. But, BUT that is easier said than done.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know that’s what you weren’t getting at I was just asking if you honestly believe they’ll win the B12 this year.

Ohh and are you really criticizing OU’s recruiting while they’ve won the last 5 B12 titles outright? LOLz

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that’s what you weren’t getting at I was just asking if you honestly believe they’ll win the B12 this year.

Ohh and are you really criticizing OU’s recruiting while they’ve won the last 5 B12 titles outright? LOL
z

200.gif

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, now you're saying what I've been saying for 5 years. WTF is going on when Herman can recruit better players than Riley when Texas sucks and OU is winning conference championships like nobody's business? My opinion is Riley's weak when it comes to judging defensive talent and he is the Jedi Master when it comes to judging offensive talent which he molds into a monster so we can win games 51-48. Yeah we have a new D Coordinator who is improving things but OU is so far away from being what it used to be on D that it kills us when we hit the playoffs. Kids see this stuff. Given UT's natural advantages over OU, the recruiting only has to tilt a few degrees and bingo! A lot of talent defaults to Austin. Riley needs to win a NC with some D making the difference and we'll be back to where Barry Switzer was vacuuming up talent anywhere he wanted to get it in Texas. But, BUT that is easier said than done.
My thing with Lincoln is that he's an offensive wizard, so he naturally views ath that can play either side of the ball.. on offense first.
We'll see if Grinch improves from a year ago this fall..

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EaQw-oWXkAEdgqH

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ummm the last 5 recruiting cycles OU has finished no less then second in the B12 and 3 of those 5 classes landed in the top 10 nationally. With the other 2 classes being 11th and 19th. That’s recruiting at a pretty high damn level.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thing with Lincoln is that he's an offensive wizard, so he naturally views ath that can play either side of the ball.. on offense first.
We'll see if Grinch improves from a year ago this fall..

This season is hard to predict. If we play all our season, I'm expecting Grinch to make a big improvement, perhaps even more than he did last year. The problem is, we might end up only playing part of the season, no conference championship and no playoff games which means we basically are just seeing an extended fall practice in 2020 instead of an entire season for the team to improve. Everyone else might be facing the same problem too because some Chinese scientist pulled his lunch out of the wrong cage.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley learning. He inherited Mike Stoops and the rest of Bob staff.

He now has his guys and recruiting has definitely improved on the defensive side. The biggest issue has been depth. Our 1s can usually play with anyone. It's the drop-off at 2 deep.