• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big XII

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is the Big XII the best conference though? How do we know if these teams currently in the top 11 are actually good? OU has the best win against Tennessee but they aren't even a top 25 team.

The one thing is, there is tons of parity this year in college football so it is really hard to say who is best.
I look at the Big12 like this ...

There's the Sooners ... and then errbody else.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is the Big XII the best conference though? How do we know if these teams currently in the top 11 are actually good? OU has the best win against Tennessee but they aren't even a top 25 team.

The one thing is, there is tons of parity this year in college football so it is really hard to say who is best.
I explained this earlier in the thread. And the stats Ksooner posted are more telling. Read my previous posts. They have been stronger as a whole. As compared to the SEC whose top teams have benefitted from awful play within the conference along with the FCS games. IMO they all need to kill the FCS games land go the USC route. Never played an FCS team. Not into conference of either tho

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thats the problem with college ball. Too many teams. Conference plays within conference, with a few ooc games. Quite often, the ooc games are against minors or even FCS, so doesn't really help. Sometimes you get majors playing each other, so this is about the only way to gauge. Or you have indies like ND who play some majors. In regards to your initial query, its difficult to say objectively, which conference is good. Just because espin taunts the SEC teams as being great, are they? Last season this didn't seem to be the case when the best of the SEC met the best of the BIG. Or the year before when Bama met OU in the Sugar(yes, we know....Bama didn't want to be there yada yada). We just have to see what happens when the playoffs ensue. I'd prefer adding one more week and having 8 teams so all the majors and a few other top teams would have a shot, but others feel 4 is enough.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you bringing up the SEC and Florida, I'm not comparing the Big 12 to the SEC or Florida to any other team at all. That wasn't the point of my OP or my questions so for people to bring them up for no reason doesn't make much sense. This wasn't a "Florida is better so they should be ahead of all the Big 12 teams" post.
200_s.gif

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the problem with college ball. Too many teams. Conference plays within conference, with a few ooc games. Quite often, the ooc games are against minors or even FCS, so doesn't really help. Sometimes you get majors playing each other, so this is about the only way to gauge. Or you have indies like ND who play some majors. In regards to your initial query, its difficult to say objectively, which conference is good. Just because espin taunts the SEC teams as being great, are they? Last season this didn't seem to be the case when the best of the SEC met the best of the BIG. Or the year before when Bama met OU in the Sugar(yes, we know....Bama didn't want to be there yada yada). We just have to see what happens when the playoffs ensue. I'd prefer adding one more week and having 8 teams so all the majors and a few other top teams would have a shot, but others feel 4 is enough.
:dingdingding:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Need more OOC games between the conferences.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is their schedule really any different from any other conference?
I mean you can make arguements against and for any team in the same way.
Notre Dame lost to top ranked clemson but who are their good wins?
That doesn't mean those teams aren't beneficiaries to the schedule. I feel like it has really helped the Big XII in a big way this year. Especially since they all have had a pretty easy schedule anyways.
I dont think they have had it any different than anyone else out there. Most schedules are going to add up close to the same way. a couple good teams a couple average teams a couple bottom teams. now granted not all teams with identical records are the same but a 6-6 team from the Big 10 might be better than a 6-6 team from the Big 12 but not the Pac 12 while a 9-3 teams from the big 12 might be better than a 9-3 team from the SEC but not the ACC. You just never really know. look at last years bowls. 11-1 Baylor lost to 10-2 Michigan State. 11-1 TCU beat 10-2 Miss St. 9-3 Kansas St lost to 9-3 UCLA. 6-6 Texas lost to 6-6 Ark. 6-6 Ok St beat 8-5 Washington. You just never know.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is their schedule really any different from any other conference?
I mean you can make arguements against and for any team in the same way.
Notre Dame lost to top ranked clemson but who are their good wins?

I dont think they have had it any different than anyone else out there. Most schedules are going to add up close to the same way. a couple good teams a couple average teams a couple bottom teams. now granted not all teams with identical records are the same but a 6-6 team from the Big 10 might be better than a 6-6 team from the Big 12 but not the Pac 12 while a 9-3 teams from the big 12 might be better than a 9-3 team from the SEC but not the ACC. You just never really know. look at last years bowls. 11-1 Baylor lost to 10-2 Michigan State. 11-1 TCU beat 10-2 Miss St. 9-3 Kansas St lost to 9-3 UCLA. 6-6 Texas lost to 6-6 Ark. 6-6 Ok St beat 8-5 Washington. You just never know.

*ding ding ding* this^

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO scheduling more inter conference games rather than FCS teams. Or super conferences are the only two ways to get s true gauge on the topic
Yep. I'd like to see more people schedule like Stanford and Texas did this year. Stanford played Northwestern, Notre Dame and UCF. I'll give them a pass on UCF as they didn't know they'd suck so bad. But 2/3 other P5 teams. Same for Texas. They played Notre Dame, Cal and Rice. I'll give them a pass for Rice as they play as least one other smaller Texas team each year. 2/3 other P5 teams as well.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I'd like to see more people schedule like Stanford and Texas did this year. Stanford played Northwestern, Notre Dame and UCF. I'll give them a pass on UCF as they didn't know they'd suck so bad. But 2/3 other P5 teams. Same for Texas. They played Notre Dame, Cal and Rice. I'll give them a pass for Rice as they play as least one other smaller Texas team each year. 2/3 other P5 teams as well.

Only 2 ways to really accomplish this.
1. Move away from conferences or go to smaller conferences
2. Lessen the importance of the regular season. Make it where a team can lose 2 early games and still make it to the playoffs.

The system just doesn't reward a top OOC schedule.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC has always scheduled pretty tough over the years home and homes with V Tech , Nebraska, Ohio state Arkansas, And we play ND every year .one could sayUnlike Oregon instead of making we want game shirts they scheduled them to open the season :dhd: but Oregon also played home and homes vs Boise State during their prime, home and homes with Michigan state and LSU. The PAC is pretty good about OOC.