• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Ten Legends...who wins it?

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd compare OSU's situation to that of ND last year. All wins but none of them great or impressive and if you happen to stumble you will fall out of the top 20. The B1G let you down big time this year, especially UofM.

And Pac-12 refs. If Wisconsin's only loss was @OSU, we'd be ranked about 12-13 and OSU would have much better SoS.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody wonder how a thread that was intended to discuss the "Legends" Division turned into an Ohio St thread?

Post #2 (Immediately following the OP's post).

Ohio State

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Pac-12 refs. If Wisconsin's only loss was @OSU, we'd be ranked about 12-13 and OSU would have much better SoS.

wisconsin did get screwed, but you can't just assume you'd have made the field goal.

TbigtenU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well the sec "beats each other up". TB1G just all suck? Fuck ESPN.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is the most overrated team this year. This is the same team, same offense, same defense they had a couple years ago in the Rose Bowl that everyone said would beat Ohio State by two TD's. Seems the final score was the other way around. I'm really not impressed by them at all, they've played no one with a defense yet. UCLA will be a decent test, and I doubt they get out of the 30's.

Alabama is the real deal. Although it seems like they're missing something. Maybe because their schedule is horrible. But they have a good defense.

FSU looks great, although I would like to see them versus a great D-line and see how Winston handles the pressure. Seen several times when he gets hurried, he's vulnerable to INT's.

Let's check your talking points for accuracy?

"This is the same team, same offense, same defense they had a couple years ago"

2009 Oregon lost to Ohio St (26-17). Less than 2 TD's
2009 was 4 years ago. Not "a couple"

.........................2009 Oregon.........2013 Oregon

Rushing Offense....... 8th....................2nd
Passing Offense...... 98th...................19th
Scoring Offense....... 8th....................4th
Total Offense......... 33rd....................2nd

Rushing Defense........42.....................22
Pass Defense............44.....................87
Pass Eff Def..............25......................9
Total Defense...........35.....................42
Scoring Defense........51.....................12

Not the "Same team" at all by those #'s. Of course we're only half way through the season.

To say "Oregon is the most overrated team this year" is laughable.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One could make a case for all three, but my prediction is in this order.

1. Michigan St
2. Michigan
3. Nebraska

I just think Michigan will drop two more, Ohio St and another one. And no way they make it with 3 losses.

So that leaves Michigan St and Nebraska, so both would have to lose 3 and Michigan has to win borh head-to-head against both of them. Unless of course they win out then only lose to Ohio St.

I just think Nebraska and Sparty have a big advantage with a 1 game lead.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think Michigan will drop two more, Ohio St and another one. And no way they make it with 3 losses.

So that leaves Michigan St and Nebraska, so both would have to lose 3 and Michigan has to win borh head-to-head against both of them. Unless of course they win out then only lose to Ohio St.

I just think Nebraska and Sparty have a big advantage with a 1 game lead.

Michigan's offense showed some life last Saturday and they get Nebraska in the Big House, so I see that as a win for them.

MSU defense causes a lot of problems and is usually good for short field turnovers or even scoring themselves.

I just think Nebraska's defense isn't good enough @ Michigan and I don't know that Nebraska's offense can keep from turning the ball over against MSU.

MSU matches up better with Michigan, so I'll go with them winning the Legends.

I still wouldn't rule out Michigan beating OSU. It's a rivalry game so paper doesn't mean everything. Michigan played them real tough last year. If Michigan gets the head-to-head against Nebraska and MSU, their rivalry game could be a doosey.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's doubtful Michigan makes it with three losses though.

I also can't say that Nebraska beating both Iowa and Penn St is a lock. I could easily see them going (4-2) in these last 6 games.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska will win it...Nothing against MSU but it's hard to win ball games one dimensional...hell, there is a lot of football left so the fuck knows...

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska will win it...Nothing against MSU but it's hard to win ball games one dimensional...hell, there is a lot of football left so the fuck knows...

Not gonna argue re: NEB...I just think State has a damn good chance of finally winning in Lincoln. However, of MSU's 3 B1G games so far, they were balanced enough O & D-wise to dominate IOWA and IND in almost every aspect...they did stumble in the rain & mud against PUR (without 2 of their prime WRs - Burbridge & Fowler)...but I see no reason State's offense won't recover what they had vs IOWA & IND & improve through the remainder of the season. IOWA will be bowl-bound after beating MICH in I.City (very possible, IMO)...although, by my homer prediction, the skunkbears will already be out of the race by then (having lost to both MSU and NEB.) Like I've said before though, I'm not as worried about State's beating MICH in East Lansing as I am about State's beating Illinois in Champaign. And, unlike some of our Husker friends, I think NEB will find that playing in Spartan Stadium-South (ie: the Beeg House) is more enjoyable than they thought.

MSU 3-0/6-1 @ILL, MICH, @NEB, @NW, MINN 8-0/11-1
NEB 2-0/5-1 @MINN, NW, @MICH, MSU, @PSU, IOWA 7-1/10-2
MICH 2-1/6-1 @MSU, NEB, @NW, @IOWA, OSU 3-5/7-5
MINN 1-2/5-2 NEB, @IND, PSU, WIS, @MSU 2-6/6-6
IOWA 1-2/4-3 NW, WIS, @PUR, MICH, @NEB 4-4/7-5
NW 0-3/4-3 @IOWA, @NEB, MICH, MSU, @ILL 0-8/4-8

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody wonder how a thread that was intended to discuss the "Legends" Division turned into an Ohio St thread?

Post #2 (Immediately following the OP's post).

When did you become such a sniveling little troll? With as many posts as you have it couldn't have been until recently, otherwise you'd be gone. I was fucking joking, nancy. I notice you fail to recognize that I began talking about the Legends later in the thread. Just leave the board already, or at least stop talking about anything B1G-related. Your constant bitching and moaning is beyond stale.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did you become such a sniveling little troll? With as many posts as you have it couldn't have been until recently, otherwise you'd be gone. I was fucking joking, nancy. I notice you fail to recognize that I began talking about the Legends later in the thread. Just leave the board already, or at least stop talking about anything B1G-related. Your constant bitching and moaning is beyond stale.

:wtf:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, MSU has a poop schedule which leans the division in their favor should they beat Nebraska. Even if Michigan takes them out, they beat Nebraska and that's it since they skip PSU, OSU and Wisconsin (how the hell does that happen?)

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
scheduling, like 'poop', just happens...

Sadly, MSU has a poop schedule which leans the division in their favor should they beat Nebraska. Even if Michigan takes them out, they beat Nebraska and that's it since they skip PSU, OSU and Wisconsin (how the hell does that happen?)

after all the bullpoop flung around here, the only thing I'm looking forward to is hearing how that hat went down.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both of you guys are usually good, objective posters. Give it a rest. You can have at it again when your teams meet in the CG.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of you guys are usually good, objective posters. Give it a rest. You can have at it again when your teams meet in the CG.

You've clearly not been paying attention to RA recently. He's decided the only purpose he has in being here is to call "Ohio Taint" overrated, point out that the B1G is horrible (even though not a single person is acting like it's a good conference), and talk about how bad his own team is. He is worthless at this point.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A parting gift for Michigan State for the division they are being put in next year. But to be fair, Indiana is a better team than Penn State because at IU can put a lot of points on the board.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've clearly not been paying attention to RA recently. He's decided the only purpose he has in being here is to call "Ohio Taint" overrated, point out that the B1G is horrible (even though not a single person is acting like it's a good conference), and talk about how bad his own team is. He is worthless at this point.

Not a cheerleader to make Ohio Taint look better = "worthless"

LMAO!!!!