• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Ten Legends...who wins it?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is safe to say that Ohio State wins the Leaders division, but the Legends seem to be up in the air.

Michigan State:
* Stellar defense, but pretty bad offensively
* Significant games remaining: Michigan, @ Nebraska, @ NW
* 3-0 in B1G play (3 of the five remaining games are against teams with a combined record of 1-7 in B1G play)

Michigan:
* Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde football...i.e. never know what you are going to get, and it often is not very good
* Significant games remaining: @ Michigan State, Nebraska, @ NW, Ohio State
* 2-1 in B1G (which is a MAJOR problem for them as neither Nebraska or MSU play Ohio State)

Nebraska:
* Weak passing game, but very strong running game. Defense has played well, although they really haven't beaten anyone decent yet.
* Significant games remaining: NW, @ Michigan, Michigan State
* 2-0 in B1G

Breakdown:
It looks like this will be a race between MSU and Nebraska. Michigan State seems to have the advantage in terms of remaining schedule. Michigan is likely on the outside looking in, even if they can manage to beat both MSU and Nebraska, they still have to play Ohio State. The loss to Penn State really made their path to Legends winner VERY difficult, because I don't see both Nebraska and MSU with two B1G losses. The way Michigan and OSU have played so far this year, a Michigan victory would be a pretty big upset right now. So Michigan is likely to have two B1G losses, which would allow MSU or Nebraska to jump them for the B1GCC, even if Michigan managed to pull out victories against both MSU and Neb.

Conclusion:
Unfortunately, I think the winner of the Michigan State and Nebraska game will represent the Leaders division in the B1G championship game. As bad as MSU has been offensively, I think their defense will carry them past Nebraska....although being on the road in Lincoln makes me think twice.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct answer is "Who Cares?"

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming from a Big 12 team fan... LOL

1. There is no Team Big 12.

2. If there is anyone in that division that can challenge Ohio St. then I might change my opinion.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. If there is anyone in that division that can challenge Ohio St. then I might change my opinion.

Change your mind on what? There is obviously more than a few people that care about who wins the Legends division in the B1G this year.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't say team Big 12. I said a Big 12 team fan, as in the fan of a team from the Big 12, a conference that is not playing much better football at all when compared to teams from the Legends division.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really don't see a scenario where Iowa can win the Legends....unless you think they will beat Wisconsin. Even then they still have to beat NW, Michigan, and @ Nebraska.

Iowa will probably only win 2-3 B1G games this season.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see a scenario where Iowa can win the Legends....unless you think they will beat Wisconsin. Even then they still have to beat NW, Michigan, and @ Nebraska.

Yep. Iowa will probably lose 2 of those close and win one close. I don't think they'll be challenging for the Legends crown.

I think OSU proved that NW wasn't up to the challenge....the 2 B1G losses after OSU further proved that fact.

We broke them.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iowa does get 3 of those 4 games at home but having already lost to MSU the Hawks would need some sort of 3 or 4 way tie at the top which is not happening. I called 4-8 at the start of the year so any more games we win are icing for me. Ill say 6-6 with a 3-5 B10 record for the Hawks but none of the remaining games are unwinnable IMO. All the Legends teams are flawed in some way.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OSU proved that NW wasn't up to the challenge....the 2 B1G losses after OSU further proved that fact.

No. I meant NW gave tOSU all they could handle. At home no less. And then Minney handles NW in their house. I am not a big fan of the transitive property but 2 middle of the road teams (NW and Iowa) gave tOSU all the fight they could handle, in their house. So just how good is tOSU?...

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We broke them.

You guys love to mess around with teams the first 3 quarters, and then squash them in the 4th. You've done it two games in a row. Get the other teams hopes up, and then dash them sometime late in the game.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I meant NW gave tOSU all they could handle. At home no less. And then Minney handles NW in their house. I am not a big fan of the transitive property but 2 middle of the road teams (NW and Iowa) gave tOSU all the fight they could handle, in their house. So just how good is tOSU?...

OSU has the same problem that Alabama, Oregon, etc. have. Each game is like the superbowl for the other team. Everyone knows if you beat Alabama, Oregon, or OSU that you will be front page of just about every sports page, sports tv show, or internet chat room. And it helps other teams while recruiting to have bragging rights against their conferences best team. A&M beating Alabama last year pretty much won the heisman for Johnny football, and probably gave them a HUGE bump in recruiting. When you're on top, everyone foams at the mouth to beat you, so you get everyone's "A" game each week. I'm not sure how good OSU really is, because they've had a weaker than usual schedule, but you don't win nearly 20 games in a row without being really good. We'll see in the next 5-6 weeks if they indeed are "great".

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We played NW on the road, not at home. Iowa always gives us a fight when we play them, no matter what it seems. Just one of those things.