• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big Buff a.k.a the elephant in the room

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I was out last night with a group of guys who work for the Flyers (high schools scouts, event guys, charity people) and the topic of rumors that just won't die came up. Enter big Buff, it was a very mixed bag on interest level and what he'd be worth given his contract and questionable conditioning. The one thing that no one there could deny was the fact that he can be a game changer and brings a lot of the same characteristics we lost in Chris Pronger (not on the same level though). So I pose these questions to you.

What do you think of him, would you want him & what do you think his value is?

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Flyers could get him cheap enough, I wouldn't really have a problem with it - in Craig Berube's system, the way he's gotten guys to get in shape, I would hope/think that if Big Buff came here, he'd be in better shape than he was in Winnipeg

But as I said, it depends on what you'd have to give up for him

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He's not worth his contract let alone trading good players for him.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's simply not a capable dman the Jets are actually moving him back to forward tonight. Will be interesting if that works or if he even accepts it. He was dominating for the hawks as we all know...

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say the same thing I do for every rumor. I'd love him, but not for the price tag. The Flyers have one expendable asset in the organization IMO, and that's Laughton. After him we lack expandable wingers, goalies, defensemen, winger prospects, goalie prospects, defenseman prospects, and picks.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's simply not a capable dman the Jets are actually moving him back to forward tonight. Will be interesting if that works or if he even accepts it. He was dominating for the hawks as we all know...

Actually, he had one good playoff run at forward. Otherwise, he was pretty mediocre there.