• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 Expansion: It's Down to BYU, Houston, and Cincinnati

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got an erection, the Big 12 is adding Cincy, Houston, BYU and Memphis. So much awesomeness to go along with TCU and WV. Power conference no doubt.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony is that you just named 6 teams that could win the SEC east in that post.
Absolutely. You guys are building a power house conference for sure!

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. You guys are building a power house conference for sure!
Next thing you know Miss State, Kentucky and Vandy will be clamoring to defect to the Big 12.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next thing you know Miss State, Kentucky and Vandy will be clamoring to defect to the Big 12.
If that happens we might as well fold and merge with conference USA.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope for WVU fans that the new additions to the Big 12 are Cincinnati and/or Memphis. It looks like BYU and Houston are in.

How do the WVU fans feel about the addition of Houston since the Governor of Texas has proclaimed Houston should be in, there is this hospital thing going down in Houston, Texas Billionaires making threats, yada yada yada.

That will be Texas school number 5. Within the next 20 year time frame, do you think RICE and SMU will be back in? I do.

Rumor out there

BYU, Houston, Memphis, Cincinnati are the hot commodities. Three of them are from the AAC.

The poor Big East/AAC has been cannibalized by the ACC and Big 12.

West Virginia was Big East and TCU had agreed to join the Big East but never did. That is 4.5 schools.

The ACC took Boston College, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Miami, Virginia Tech, Lousiville, and Notre Dame. That is 6.5.

What is funny, the Big East Conference sent a flower arrangement to the Big 12 in June 2010, during the Dan Beebe crisis.

The networks agree to keep the money the same for the Big 12 during the Dan Beebe crisis.

The Big 12 turns around and helps seal the death knell on the Big East and if this money stuff is correct on the pro-rata money, no matter who the Big 12 brings in, the Big 12 will be screwing over their network partners, the same ones that saved the Big 12. Now, that is how you build relationships.

I've got an erection, the Big 12 is adding Cincy, Houston, BYU and Memphis. So much awesomeness to go along with TCU and WV. Power conference no doubt.

I am not impressed that my posts do that to you. I prefer vaginas.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nowhere is it stated they're threatening a lawsuit.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even this article, its just saying "sources say ESPN and fox are not happy". Another article says ESPN is pushing hard for BYU, which makes sense since ESPN loves BYU.
From the article...
If the networks, both of which have encountered some financial challenges in the last year with cutbacks and subscriber losses, decided to staunchly challenge the contracts, they could simply not pay the increases and force the conference to take them to court. ESPN and Fox would argue that the move to expand and charge the TV networks more money does not reflect the spirit of the original deals, which were signed four years ago. The conference, of course, can fall back on its contracts, which spell out pro rata increases.

BTW this is the article that the networks used to leak their displeasure at the current situation. But sure, keep saying there's nothing wrong.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the article...

BTW this is the article that the networks used to leak their displeasure at the current situation. But sure, keep saying there's nothing wrong.

It's just funny using "sources". Of course the networks don't want to pay, who wants to give up money? But this is a far cry from your 1st post "threatening a law suit".

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just funny using "sources". Of course the networks don't want to pay, who wants to give up money? But this is a far cry from your 1st post "threatening a law suit".
We'll see how big of a deal this ends up being. As of right now, it's a pretty big deal.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the article...

Not our fault that they signed us to a deal that favored us heavily. Let em squirm, we never asked to have our previous conferences raided with the networks encouraging it behind the scenes, not our fault that those involved valued the quick buck over time honored traditions and games.
Screw em, let them all go belly up for all we care. Now pay us what we are owed for out maneuvering them :kissass:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not our fault that they signed us to a deal that favored us heavily. Let em squirm, we never asked to have our previous conferences raided with the networks encouraging it behind the scenes, not our fault that those involved valued the quick buck over time honored traditions and games.
Screw em, let all go belly up for all we care. Now pay us what we are owed for out maneuvering you:kissass:
Until they offer you a dollar to broadcast your championship game, which is still in negotiation but you have to sell to FOX and ESPN...

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they don't pay more and then you have to go to court. That should help with stability.