• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 Expansion: It's Down to BYU, Houston, and Cincinnati

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout we all stay put and love each other.

Sounds good

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, except you are each competing for one playoff spot. Really all you need to do is win your division and you are top 8 and have a shot at the title. It could lead to better noncon match ups and the bowls could still exist.
You sneaky baystawd you. The way you described gives us a defacto 8 team playoff with the CCG's being the first round...which is what some are claiming it is now. But their claims are horse shit in that you can win your CCG and not get to play the next game...ala Stanford 2015. Only thing I would prefer is 8 teams and let 'em get seeded so as not to eliminate one of the better teams just because they play in the same conference. That's just my preference though.

And I like the idea of better OOC games...unless it is USC vs Kansas...then I'd rather see them play San Diego State!

I don't give a shit about the bowls one way or the other though.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So since at the end of the day expansion/realignment in ANY conference is about money, I think the Big12 should make its announcement NFL draft style on FS1 ect..

"With the first pick of the Big12 draft we select..."

Or maybe have all the candidate hats laid out on a table with members of the expansion committee sitting there and have Bobby B say a little bit about "whats best for our family", "tough decision blah blah blah" then let expansion members put the hats on one by one?

We need to make as much money as possible off of this fiasco so it should happen before the season begins so the interest will be at its highest peak and at a good location. I say in Atlanta at the CFB HOF. Any other good money making ideas for the expansion announcement, better locations ect.?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said money is the major driving factor, not the only one. Utah and Colorado are good markets and logical expansion targets for the PAC.

I guess we can agree to disagree. Theoretically they are good markets except neither team actually brings their perceived market. The Denver market is not solely Colorado's nor is SLC really Utah's. Politics not markets had to do with our last round. Colorado was in due to their political leanings in Boulder and Utah was only invited after the merger went south and it was a big middle finger to BYU since BYU brings about a million times more value than Utah could possible ever achieve.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we can agree to disagree. Theoretically they are good markets except neither team actually brings their perceived market. The Denver market is not solely Colorado's nor is SLC really Utah's. Politics not markets had to do with our last round. Colorado was in due to their political leanings in Boulder and Utah was only invited after the merger went south and it was a big middle finger to BYU since BYU brings about a million times more value than Utah could possible ever achieve.
That's a misconception. Regardless of how many people actually pay attention to CU football, you can bet that the PAC network is carried there. Same way that Rutgers brings the NYC market, even though no one gives a crap about Rutgers.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sneaky baystawd you. The way you described gives us a defacto 8 team playoff with the CCG's being the first round...which is what some are claiming it is now. But their claims are horse shit in that you can win your CCG and not get to play the next game...ala Stanford 2015. Only thing I would prefer is 8 teams and let 'em get seeded so as not to eliminate one of the better teams just because they play in the same conference. That's just my preference though.

And I like the idea of better OOC games...unless it is USC vs Kansas...then I'd rather see them play San Diego State!

I don't give a shit about the bowls one way or the other though.
Bowls are more football to watch and can provide some more good matchups. I'd like to see OOC seeded by finish the prior year...i.e. SEC #1 plays the ACC #1, etc.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately it doesn't matter what you do in the OOC because you can still win your division and get in.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately it doesn't matter what you do in the OOC because you can still win your division and get in.
That would perpetuate crappy OOC schedules unless there is a requirement not to do so.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would perpetuate crappy OOC schedules unless there is a requirement not to do so.
What I'm suggesting would prevent that. Let's say we divide each of the conferences into 3 tiers based on finish the prior year and out of conference you play 1 from the top 6 of another conference, one from the middle 6, and one from the bottom six. For example, let's say Nebraska finished 4th in conference. They play Auburn, who finished 2nd in the SEC, Arizona who finished 8th in the PAC, and Boston College who finished 15th in the ACC.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'm suggesting would prevent that. Let's say we divide each of the conferences into 3 tiers based on finish the prior year and out of conference you play 1 from the top 6 of another conference, one from the middle 6, and one from the bottom six. For example, let's say Nebraska finished 4th in conference. They play Auburn, who finished 2nd in the SEC, Arizona who finished 8th in the PAC, and Boston College who finished 15th in the ACC.
Something like that is the requirement I was referring to. Without something like that or similar, if all they have to do is win their division to make the playoff THEN they'll continue to schedule crappy OOC games. I keep hoping the fans will quit attending those crappy OOC games but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha I'm not young. But mainly I meant that because if it all goes down I'm worried my team will be left out in the cold.
But, you ain't old enough to be a tie died tee shirt, incense burning, peace and love hippie are you?

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sticking my nose in to give love to BSU. I realize that these decisions are based on politics, not talent, TV markets, not who would be the best fit in all sports. But Boise is at the point where more than football is competitive. Basketball has been 20+ win seasons in both men and women, gymnastics, wrestling, track, tennis, and so on, but we aren't holding our breath in Boise. We get the politics. Out.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sticking my nose in to give love to BSU. I realize that these decisions are based on politics, not talent, TV markets, not who would be the best fit in all sports. But Boise is at the point where more than football is competitive. Basketball has been 20+ win seasons in both men and women, gymnastics, wrestling, track, tennis, and so on, but we aren't holding our breath in Boise. We get the politics. Out.

Make your turf a normal color and we'll talk.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make your turf a normal color and we'll talk.
I'm sure that you have an in with the Big 12 brass, but hey, anything's negotiable. To be honest I'm not crazy about it either, but if it pisses you off, that's a good thing.
:thumb: