• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 Expansion: It's Down to BYU, Houston, and Cincinnati

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU is stuck in this shitty conference for now. But to make things worse by adding a bunch of crappy schools just for a few extra bucks is downright stupid. Boren needs to go back into the closet and just let this thing ride out. Then we might have some decent choices in a few years. I will never attend games against some of the schools they are talking about. And you can bet your sweet bippy a lot of other fans wouldn't shell out what they are asking for tickets these days to see games like those........especially on the road. It won't work, David.

While I can see your point. Adding these G5 teams isn't about putting butts in the seats at stadiums. It's about getting more eyeballs and more markets to make more money.

I'm with you that I wish the B12 would just ride (especially with two brand names) this out and maybe wait for another conference to implode, however impossible that seems at this point. But if this conference indeed will disband, wouldn't you want to get the most money out of it as possible? I know I would, especially since my school isn't garuntee a spot at the P5 table.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we just r*pe every last penny from some crappy schools with laughably one-sided "go fuck yourself" deals.
Then TEXAS and OKLAHOMA bolt for greener pastures in 4 or 5 years with the extra cash.

It is a dumbass plan that seems like a waste of time for everyone involved.
I have no idea why any schools would be so desperate.

The Big 12 gets little (except for nonstop howling laughter from the B1G, ACC, PAC, and SEC).
The expansion schools gets even less.

Do schools like Houston, BYU, Cincy have any pride whatsoever??
Shitty deal for the Big 12. Unfathomably shitty deal for the expansion teams.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say just dissolve that sucker "ahora mismo". Let the other four conferences decide who they want in the hypothetical 4, 16 team conferences....if any. Pac 12 may want to stay 12, SEC may want to stay 14, etc, etc. If no conferences want any of 'em, they go all just go it on their on.

Piss on waiting. Do it now!

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say just dissolve that sucker "ahora mismo". Let the other four conferences decide who they want in the hypothetical 4, 16 team conferences....if any. Pac 12 may want to stay 12, SEC may want to stay 14, etc, etc. If no conferences want any of 'em, they go all just go it on their on.

Piss on waiting. Do it now!

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess KState does not want Houston?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, until their is an all religious conference BYU is kind of screwed.
That might not be a bad idea, ala the hoops one.
ND, BC, BYU, Baylor, TCU, Wake Forest,...
On second thought, might not be enough football teams to replicate the hoops one.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do schools like Houston, BYU, Cincy have any pride whatsoever??
Shitty deal for the Big 12. Unfathomably shitty deal for the expansion teams.

For BYU it is desperation. Ever since Utah got into the PAC12 they have passed them in every way, they get better recruits and more National respect. BYU is watching their cross town Rivals that they had an upper hand on for years crush them every year now in basically all sports.

They need a power 5 so they can stop getting little brother status in their home state. They are closer to Utah State than they are to Utah anymore.