• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 Expansion: It's Down to BYU, Houston, and Cincinnati

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the company line but the Big12 gets a boatload more money by adding teams, what if they offer the lions share of that money to a NU to come back to their roots?

Again, on the surface I agree with you but... Maybe somebody gets creative.

BIG revenue rise or drop with NU gone?

why Nebraska will not go back to the Big 12

1. The BTN
a. Nebraska is set to own their fair share of the BTN in 2017
b. The BTN is actually distributing profits to teams, that is on top of the other monies
2. CIC Nebraska is starting to see benefits from the collaboration of working with the other schools that garner over 45% of all Federal Monies for research dollars.
3. As Oaknights stated, there is ZERO guarantee of stability. None. Zip. Zilch. Oklahoma is constantly unhappy with the status quo in the Big 12. Nebraska already knows what type of shenanigans are played by Texas. Have you gone back to a girlfriend or wife that you had an extremely terrible relationship with? I have not, because I think that would be stupid.
4. The Big 10 will be bringing in roughly $53,000,000 per team with the new contract. Purdue, Illinois, and Northwestern are very happy with that dollar. Nebraska has been profitable a looooonnnnnggggggg time, so the extra money is icing on the cake.
5. Geography Nebraska fits better into the B1G with the states up north having winter. The Big 12 does not like winter states.
6. The Big 12 Conference still seems to favor one state over the others.
7. Texas is still in the Big 12.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why Nebraska will not go back to the Big 12

1. The BTN
a. Nebraska is set to own their fair share of the BTN in 2017
b. The BTN is actually distributing profits to teams, that is on top of the other monies
2. CIC Nebraska is starting to see benefits from the collaboration of working with the other schools that garner over 45% of all Federal Monies for research dollars.
3. As Oaknights stated, there is ZERO guarantee of stability. None. Zip. Zilch. Oklahoma is constantly unhappy with the status quo in the Big 12. Nebraska already knows what type of shenanigans are played by Texas. Have you gone back to a girlfriend or wife that you had an extremely terrible relationship with? I have not, because I think that would be stupid.
4. The Big 10 will be bringing in roughly $53,000,000 per team with the new contract. Purdue, Illinois, and Northwestern are very happy with that dollar. Nebraska has been profitable a looooonnnnnggggggg time, so the extra money is icing on the cake.
5. Geography Nebraska fits better into the B1G with the states up north having winter. The Big 12 does not like winter states.
6. The Big 12 Conference still seems to favor one state over the others.
7. Texas is still in the Big 12.

yeah I figured you guys got tired of losing all the time

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because the Big 12 is so much stronger...especially when you guys get around to adding Cincinnati and UCF :rolleyes:

I was speaking how Texas owned you guys on the field, but good luck with Minnesota

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because conference decisions should be based upon our record in a decade stretch vs. one team that we don't even play every year :doh:

I don't blame Nebraska for leaving the Big 12. Why be a low paid bitch in the Big 12 when you can be a higher paid bitch in the B1G?

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because conference decisions should be based upon our record in a decade stretch vs. one team that we don't even play every year :doh:

You listed Texas as a reason you wouldn't come back to the big 12 dummy.

dennis580

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't know who the 12th school should be, but the 11th school should be BYU they have a true national fan base, and no other school offers anything close to that.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know who the 12th school should be, but the 11th school should be BYU they have a true national fan base, and no other school offers anything close to that.

Yes sir, BYU to me is the no brainer.

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still can't believe Big 12 took West Virginia over Louisville

BYU and Cincy if they only take 2 should be the choices.

Add Memphis and Colorado St. if they go 4.

Big 12 should be worried about Big or SEC stealing a couple of teams now. SEC could go after OU now and go ahead and get to 16 by adding another

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear the politicians at the State Capitol are lobbying for Houston to join the Big 12 right now